PDA

View Full Version : Cast Member Costumes

ScottC4746
10-19-2013, 12:05 AM
Just curious, what do you all think is the best cast members costumes?

Rapunzelthorn
10-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Probably the Davy Crockett Canoes and Winnie the Pooh ride costumes. I like the fringe on the the Davy Crockett pants and the coon skin caps (when they wear them), also the outdoorsy looking Winnie the Pooh costumes. I guess I like naturey stuff!

Here is a link that shows some of the different costumes:

http://waltsbasement.yuku.com/topic/34021/Re-Disneyland-Style-Cast-Member-Costumes?page=-1

I would add Indiana Jones costume to my list.

Shortpix77
10-21-2013, 08:11 AM
My favorites have always been the plaid tour guide costumes and the Dapper Dan costumes.

disneyland addict13
10-21-2013, 08:28 AM
My mom always reminisces about how the Matterhorn Cast Members used to wear lederhosen.

amazedncal
10-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Haunted Mansion. Especially when the CM assumes the character of a "true" ghost host.

BlkPearlCptn
10-22-2013, 10:24 AM
I had forgotten about the lederhosen. Those were so cool! Fav is probably the Haunted Mansion, also when the CM's are in character

DwarfPlanet
10-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Have to go with the Haunted Mansion also.

leota's necklace
11-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Haunted Mansion. I think it's got a successful combination of a number of elements.

First, great choice of color. The clear green looks good on a number of skin tones. The shade is deep enough to look formal and somewhat somber, without being overly funereal, and it doesn't have the negative cultural connotations that black does. It's also deep enough that the CM's can hide in plain sight, especially in the shadows inside the stretching room, etc.

The fabric is also great. I am sure the CM's hate what is probably poly twill, but it holds a fairly crisp shape in the jackets, trousers, and skirts without a ton of interlining and probably doesn't show dirt. The striped fabric in the blouses is a really nice touch. Design-wise, it recalls the wallpaper in the stretching room and also the columns at the front of the attraction. It adds interest without looking frivolous (like the florals on the CMs at the French Market), and can be manipulated to add even more pop with the bias stripe on the sleeve, and the mitered (slimming) seams at the bodice sides.

I am most impressed that the designers were able to blend a number of design elements from various decades (the seaming on the back of the jackets, the bell sleeves on the female over-jackets, the apron, the suggestion of a pigeon front on the blouse) to make an overall "Victorian" look that is really cohesive and pings a cultural memory without being a slavish replica, while still being fairly comfortable and easy to move in. (I assume.)

I am disappointed by a lot of the newer designs, especially those in Tomorrowland and at RSR - they look boxy, flimsy, and off-the-rack.

smd4
11-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Why, the steam locomotive engineer and fireman costumes, of course! Although it's hard to think of them as costumes since they're functional as well.

DwarfPlanet
11-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Why, the steam locomotive engineer and fireman costumes, of course! Although it's hard to think of them as costumes since they're functional as well.

Good point, but I would question whether those are costumes or actual working clothes, if you get my drift.

smd4
11-07-2013, 07:01 AM
Good point, but I would question whether those are costumes or actual working clothes, if you get my drift.Oh, I definitely get your drift. But as the shirts, overalls, hats and bandanas are all "assigned" (as in, you always see hickory-striped overalls--one couldn't get away with wearing blue denim overalls), then I think of them as costumes that also serve as functional clothing.

River Belle
11-21-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm a fan of all the previously mentioned costumes, but I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Pirates of the Caribbean yet. That's by far my fave!

disneylandgirl
12-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Pirates for sure! I'd love to work at DL and dress like a pirate every day. ;)

CMHusband
12-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Indiana Jones