PDA

View Full Version : Any DLRH cheap rates for 10-11 & 10-25?

KarenW2
09-11-2003, 10:47 PM
Does anyone know about any codes or whatever for any cheap rates available for 10-11 and 10-25? We called, made reservations for those dates and were told the Premium Annual Pass rate was $244.95 for DLH (we wanted the cheapest, parking lot view, since it's only 1 night) on 10-11 and $174.80 for PPH on 10-25 (same view)!! We both think these prices are ridiculous!

We planned on spending the night on 10-11 to celebrate my birthday, do MouseAdventure in DCA on Sunday and have my birthday dinner at Club 33 on Sunday night, but if we can't get a cheaper rate than that, we'll be spending the night at home and driving up & back on Sunday.

On 10-25, we'll be taking my cousin and husband to the Magic Castle in LA, so we wanted a room mid-point between that and home (Oceanside), since it's a long drive up & back on the same day, but if we can't get a better rate then, we'll stay somewhere else that's cheaper.

Anybody have any ideas? These rates in the off-season seem more like what we'd expect to pay at the GCH! Thanks in advance for any help & info you can give!

MammaSilva
09-11-2003, 10:57 PM
I can't help with the rates, but I can tell you that "that" weekend, isn't a 'off season' weekend, it's a holiday weekend when most kids have a 3 day weekend (Columbus day) we have reservations at an off property hotel that weekend and I was sticker shocked at the rate too, for the same reason and they told me it was a 3 day holiday weekend... hence the 'rate hike' :(

KarenW2
09-11-2003, 11:10 PM
Yikes! I didn't realize that it was a holiday weekend! Since we don't have kids, we don't keep up with things like school holidays. We'll only be there because of MouseAdventure and Club 33 for my birthday dinner. We picked Club 33, since we would already be there anyway for MA.

Looks like we'll probably be spending the night in our very own bed and breakfast, lunch and dinner (here!), unless we find out something else!

Sure hope it's not too crowded for MouseAdventure!

jeffport
09-12-2003, 05:47 AM
If you check www.orbitz.com, you should find that the Disneyland hotel is available for $195 a night with a guaranteed view (pool or downtown disney). That's a bit cheaper than your quoted rates and it's a superior room. Good Luck!

ESS Heckler
09-12-2003, 09:06 AM
Did you specifically ask for the 'AP Nights' offer?

I know it sounds strange, but DBF has called DLR before and stated he had an AP, thinking they would automatically give him whatever the best AP deal was at the time. Wrong! I was calling at the same time (not that I don't trust him, but I've heard that different agents will sometimes give different information) and I used the exact discount verbiage, and I got a much better rate than he did.

I'm staying at the GCH 10/31 thru 11/3 and the weekend rate is $199 and the Sunday/Monday rate is $159!

Hope this helps

Thomas
09-12-2003, 09:22 AM
I have reservations for 09/26-09/28 at the DLH. Originally it was $159.00 a night, but after the Big Thunder accident and realizing Space Mountain and Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion are closed, I spoke with a manager and got my rate lowered to $109.00 a night (resort view).

Try calling back for a better rate.

KarenW2
09-12-2003, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the info so far! We've found in the past that you end up needing to call at least THREE different times, and you get quoted THREE different rates, for the same room, same date!

Yep, he did tell them about the AP night thing, they even asked him for his PAP number over the phone, something they haven't done before!

We'll just keep trying and see what happens.

Walts Buddy
09-12-2003, 10:24 AM
When you say you spoke with the manager, was it the manager at the hotel or a manager from the Disney reservation number?

miss bianca
09-12-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Thomas
I have reservations for 09/26-09/28 at the DLH. Originally it was $159.00 a night, but after the Big Thunder accident and realizing Space Mountain and Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion are closed, I spoke with a manager and got my rate lowered to $109.00 a night (resort view).

Try calling back for a better rate.

Wow ! 2 questions - was the original rate the Annual Pass rate or a different rate code? And how did you word it?

Thomas
09-13-2003, 09:00 AM
I am assuming it was the hotel manager. The original rate was the AP rate. I simply just told the manager that with most of DL being closed for rehabs or adding X-mas decorations, I did not think it was fair to have to pay so much for a room, when I would not get the full value of the theme parks. I only went into a little with him about DCA not being child friendly, but that is another topic and I don't wish to open that up.

I am sure they are getting many phone calls for people cancelling their reservations now that 3 major rides in DL are closed.

Thomas
09-13-2003, 09:02 AM
Simply put, the hotel is not sold out that weekend. If you were a businessman, would you rather have an empty room and no revenue, or a room with someone paying at least part of the rate?

miss bianca
09-13-2003, 10:11 AM
Tried to get my rates reduced at the Grand (currently paying $159 weekday $199 weekend w/ a DTD view) - NO GO!
They said that that rate is the absolute lowest they can do - but I talked to a nice CM at the Hotel and he is going to put in a request for an upgrade from DTD view to Theme Park view - but he said not to count on it!

By the way they have now added the Steam Train to the list of refurbs during my trip..... :crying:

Oh Well