PDA

View Full Version : 13th Haunted Mansion Holiday [Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic Event]

invisibelle
10-07-2013, 12:55 PM
I didn't see a post about this other than the announcements bot... a friend of mine just shared it with me:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/offers-discounts/haunted-mansion-holiday-celebration-for-passholders/

It's just a couple of extra hours after the park closes on Thursday, but I would love to be able to go. Trouble is, my flight lands at LAX at 8:15 that night.

Last year, I believe it was for the Fantasmic anniversary, they allowed out-of-state AP holders to register by phone, but I just called and got turned down for this one. Does anyone else have any experience/knowledge about AP events registration for out-of-town folks? These two events are the only ones I've tried it on.

cstephens
10-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Last year, I believe it was for the Fantasmic anniversary, they allowed out-of-state AP holders to register by phone, but I just called and got turned down for this one. Does anyone else have any experience/knowledge about AP events registration for out-of-town folks? These two events are the only ones I've tried it on.

I might be mis-remembering, but I think for the Fantasmic anniversary event, people had to register in person at the ticket booth days ahead of time. In that case, it sort of made sense for them to allow phone registrations for far-away folk, since you wouldn't expect someone from the Bay Area to come down just to register and then come back for the event itself. In this case, all registration is done in person on the day of the event, so I wouldn't expect them to allow any accommodations. Your flight landing at 8pm isn't really any different than an AP holder who decides to try to go to the event after work - you both have the same opportunity to get a wristband if they are still available.

AVP
10-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Here are the full details:

A Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic Event To celebrate Halloween Time (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events/halloween-time/) and the 13th year of Haunted Mansion (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/haunted-mansion/) Holiday—inspired by Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Annual Passholders can access select attractions in New Orleans Square, Adventureland and Frontierland for an additional two (2) hours after regular Disneyland Park closing.
Imagine being in Disneyland Park after closing to immerse yourself in some fantastical, spooky moments of surprise and delight at Halloween Time—especially at Haunted Mansion Holiday!
Come and enjoy another Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/limited-time-magic-for-passholders/) event!
Date & Time
After regular park closing on Thursday, October 10, 2013 (currently scheduled at 9:00 PM) until 11:00 PM.
The event is scheduled for 2 hours.
Event Location
New Orleans Square, Adventureland and Frontierland in Disneyland Park. (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/)
Event Registration and Wristband Distribution

Registration and wristband distribution for the event will begin at 12:00 PM (noon) on the day of the event across from Haunted Mansion Holiday in Disneyland Park, on the side closest to the Rivers of America. Registration and distribution of event wristbands will continue while event wristband supplies last.
All participating Annual Passholders must present their active Annual Passports to the event Cast Member to check event availability and to register and receive an event wristband. Photo ID may be required.
Registration must be completed in person across from Haunted Mansion Holiday in Disneyland Park, on the side closest to the Rivers of America on the day of the event only; no phone reservations or other registration will be accepted.
This is an all-ages event. However, all participating Guests ages 3 and older must be valid Annual Passholders on the day of the event. Children under 3 may attend the event as long as there is space available and they receive an event wristband during the registration process.
It is recommended that all members of your party register together to help ensure that everyone receives an event wristband.
For assistance, you may contact the Annual Passport Member Services team at (714) 781-PASS (7277).

Wristbands

Once an Annual Passholder has presented a valid Annual Passport and event availability has been confirmed, the Annual Passholder will be registered for the event and will receive an event wristband.
Event wristbands are required for admission to the event. Wristbands are only valid for the event on Thursday, October 10, 2013.
Registered Passholders can have access to select attractions for an additional 2 hours, until 11:00 PM by showing their valid event wristband to the Cast Members at participating attractions.
Registration and distribution of event wristbands are based on availability and capacity. Space is limited.
Registered Passholders who have received a wristband may enter the event up until 30 minutes prior to the end of the event.
If you wish to exit Disneyland Park throughout the normal operating day or during the special event, you may re-enter up until 30 minutes prior to the end of the event.
Wristbands may not be sold or transferred for commercial purposes and have no cash value.

Select Event Attractions
Currently, the select attractions scheduled to be available for the event include:

Haunted Mansion Holiday
Pirates of the Caribbean
Indiana Jones™ Adventure
Tarzan's Treehouse™
Mark Twain Riverboat

Select Event Dining Locations
Currently, the select dining locations scheduled to be available for the event include:

Royal Street Veranda
French Market Restaurant
Mint Julep Bar

Select Event Merchandise Locations
Currently, the select merchandise locations scheduled to be available for the event include:

Port Royal
Pieces of Eight

Additional Information

Valid theme park admission is required.
Information and event elements are subject to capacity, scheduled park events, change or cancellation without notice and other restrictions.
The event does not guarantee access to any attraction or location, and may involve long wait periods.

Parking

Parking for the event will be available at the Toy Story parking area and the Mickey & Friends parking structure.
Mickey & Friends parking trams and Toy Story shuttles will continue to run until 12:00 AM.
Other parking lot trams will operate until their normally scheduled times following Disneyland Park closing.
Standard parking fees apply.

Annual Passholders with will also have access to select food and beverage and merchandise locations. Some of these locations are exclusive to event Guests; Main Street locations are not exclusive.
Locations and product and service offerings are subject to change or cancellation without notice. Main Street U.S.A. will be open for Regular Park Guests and registered Passholders until 10:00 PM, one (1) hour after park closing. The remainder of the Park will not be open.

olegc
10-07-2013, 03:57 PM
interesting that it has you register INSIDE the park. I know they have done some of these for inside the park movies and such - but have they done it ever for a large event?

invisibelle
10-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Your flight landing at 8pm isn't really any different than an AP holder who decides to try to go to the event after work - you both have the same opportunity to get a wristband if they are still available.

I get what you're saying here, but if I lived in the area, I would absolutely be taking my lunch break on Thursday to run over and get my wristband. As it is, it was announced too late before the event to change my flight to an earlier time or to arrive at SNA.

Additionally, going after work would still mean arriving prior to the beginning of the event and a better chance at gaining admission.

I'm not holding my breath on being able to get a wristband after the event has already started, but wish me luck. :)

cstephens
10-07-2013, 05:49 PM
I get what you're saying here, but if I lived in the area, I would absolutely be taking my lunch break on Thursday to run over and get my wristband. As it is, it was announced too late before the event to change my flight to an earlier time or to arrive at SNA.

Additionally, going after work would still mean arriving prior to the beginning of the event and a better chance at gaining admission.

I'm not holding my breath on being able to get a wristband after the event has already started, but wish me luck. :)

That depends on how you define "in the area". I know a few people who are within maybe half an hour of the resort and could possibly go during lunch. Most of the rest of us, while we're local, don't live in a half-hour perimeter of the park, so it's not possible to just pop by on our lunch break. If I want to go to the park after work, during a normal work day, it takes about two hours from my work place to get to the park, so I wouldn't get there much earlier than you, given when your flight lands.

I'm just saying that you're not really at that much more of a disadvantage than anyone else here who can't make it to the park during a workday, but I do hope you're able to get in and enjoy the festivities.

Malcon10t
10-07-2013, 06:28 PM
interesting that it has you register INSIDE the park. I know they have done some of these for inside the park movies and such - but have they done it ever for a large event?Yes. Several events have been done this way. The Iron Man event, complete with Tomorrowland being open 2 hours extra, was a register in the park event.

LauraTD
10-08-2013, 06:09 AM
Trying not to be bitter that this is happening two days after I leave. Don't they know it is all about Meeeeeee?!?!

cstephens
10-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Trying not to be bitter that this is happening two days after I leave. Don't they know it is all about Meeeeeee?!?!

Ummm, I believe you already had your "all about me" day. ;)

AZ Disneylander
10-11-2013, 12:21 AM
What I would like to know is how to find out about all of these events, whether movie screenings or after hours ride times. We seem to only find out by accident and after the event is held. Is there a DL website or a cell phone app that disseminates this information? My wife and I always seem to find out about them after they have occurred and get the feeling they are geared primarily for the local AP holders who visit the part often. Primarily we want to be able to get notification while we are at the park, as we don't schedule our vacations around things such as these. We just want to be able to take advantage of them if we're there.

tea4two
10-11-2013, 12:59 AM
There is a webpage on the Disneyland site for AP Limited Time Magic. Sometimes there are emails, but not all APs get them. Events also get announced on the Disney Parks Blog and on the various fan boards, like MP.

olegc
10-11-2013, 06:03 AM
There is a webpage on the Disneyland site for AP Limited Time Magic. Sometimes there are emails, but not all APs get them. Events also get announced on the Disney Parks Blog and on the various fan boards, like MP.

and add twitter - @DisneyParks, @Disneyland, @DisneylandAP, @DisneylandToday, @DCAToday.

and facebook.

so Disney does try to cover their bases on social networks. However - I will also say they don't give that much time in advance for some of these events. Sometimes a week or 10 days.

stan4d_steph
10-11-2013, 06:36 AM
We do our best to include these kinds of events in our Updates, but often the announcements are made after the Updates are written. We also put news like this in our Newsletter, which comes out on Thursdays. There is a subscribe box on the upper right of our homepage (http://www.mouseplanet.com).

Shortpix77
10-11-2013, 07:29 AM
What I would like to know is how to find out about all of these events, whether movie screenings or after hours ride times. Is there a DL website or a cell phone app that disseminates this information?

Regular Limited Time Magic Events:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/let-the-memories-begin/limited-time-magic/?int_cmp=INS-intDLRtoDP-limitedtimemagic

Annual Passholder Limited Time Magic Events:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/limited-time-magic-for-passholders/?CMP=VAN-DLRUSENFY13Q1APMagic0001

I agree with Oleg about the social media though -- I often see the events announced on Twitter or Facebook before they make it to either of the sites above.

AZ Disneylander
10-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions. I have saved the links from Shortpix77's post on my phone so I can check when we are considering a visit. We stay away from social media so those options are out. We will have to use the weblinks for now. Thank you all again.