PDA

View Full Version : Special menu offerings for Gay Days at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
10-03-2013, 04:35 PM
A friendly CM sent a list of specialty food that will be offered during Gay Days at Disneyland and DCA this weekend.

Disneyland

Critter Country

Hungry Bear Restaurant
• Chicken & Waffle Sandwich Combo - with arugula and sriracha mayo. Served with fries and a cookie - $14.99
• Rainbow Cookie

Main Street U.S.A.

Jolly Holiday Bakery Café
• Rainbow Cookie

Plaza Inn
• Spicy Glazed Salmon
• Rainbow Cookie
• Rainbow Cake - $5.99

Tomorrowland

Tomorrowland Terrace
• Turkey Burger Combo - turkey burger with chipotle aioli, Monterey Jack cheese, green chili, lettuce and tomato, served with fries and a cookie - $13.49
• Rainbow Cookie

Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port
• Rainbow Pasta with Spicy Sausage - $9.49
• Rainbow Cookie

Outdoor Vending

• Red Glasshouse Balloons

Disney California Adventure

Buena Vista Street

Clarabelle’s Hand Scooped Ice Cream
• Rainbow Ice Cream Sandwich - vanilla ice cream sandwiched between two chocolate chip cookies dipped in chocolate with rainbow sprinkles - $3.99

Pacific Wharf

Alfresco Lounge
• Lobster Nachos

Pacific Wharf Café
• Rainbow Cake - $5.99
• Rainbow Cookie

Paradise Pier

Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta
• Pizza Combo - any flatbread pizza, side salad and cookie for $16.19
• Rainbow Cookie

Paradise Garden Grill
• Rainbow Cookie

Corn Dog Castle
• Rainbow Cookie

Bayside Brews
• Rainbow Cookie

Outdoor Vending
• Rainbow Cotton Candy
• Red Glasshouse Balloons

AnotherJenny
10-03-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm jealous of anyone who gets to try the chicken & waffle sandwich.

Drince88
10-03-2013, 05:42 PM
What do any of these have to do with Gay Days besides the rainbow-colored goodies?

madbutler
10-03-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm jealous of anyone who gets to try the chicken & waffle sandwich.

Agreed! Why dont they put that on the regular menu?! It would sell like crazy!! I LOVE Chicken and Waffles!

cstephens
10-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Hmmm, chicken and waffles at Hungry Bear (though I can't imagine it being better than chicken and waffles at Plaza Inn), pasta with spicy sausage at Pizza Port, and lobster nachos at Alfresco Lounge (which is hopefully better than what Cove Bar has). Don't think I have time for them all.

AnotherJenny
10-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Hmmm, chicken and waffles at Hungry Bear (though I can't imagine it being better than chicken and waffles at Plaza Inn)

It's a sandwich, so it's allowed to be equally good, because they're totally different dishes :D

corona
10-04-2013, 05:33 AM
... and how does this square with an "unofficial" event that Disney knows nothing, NOTHING, about?

kiowa
10-04-2013, 06:06 AM
What do any of these have to do with Gay Days besides the rainbow-colored goodies?

Us gays love some chicken and waffles...spicy sausage and Lobster.

Drince88
10-04-2013, 06:07 AM
Us gays love some chicken and waffles...spicy sausage and Lobster.

And straights don't???

kiowa
10-04-2013, 06:07 AM
... and how does this square with an "unofficial" event that Disney knows nothing, NOTHING, about?

Who said they know nothing about it?

kiowa
10-04-2013, 06:08 AM
And straights don't???

Nope

cstephens
10-04-2013, 06:21 AM

"Knows nothing about"? Well, of course Disney knows of the existence of the unofficial event. They would obviously know about a group who rents out space in the Grand Californian as a welcome center and where the numbers of attendees is going to impact attendance at the parks so Disney can be (hopefully) prepared with enough working cast members to handle the added guests. But if you ask a Disney employee a specific question about the event, like when and where the group picture is, they're not expected to know the answer, because the event isn't being run by Disney. I think it's great that they're offering special food, especially since that kind of thing draws out the local AP crowd as well.

Shortpix77
10-04-2013, 06:55 AM
"Knows nothing about"? Well, of course Disney knows of the existence of the unofficial event. They would obviously know about a group who rents out space in the Grand Californian as a welcome center and where the numbers of attendees is going to impact attendance at the parks so Disney can be (hopefully) prepared with enough working cast members to handle the added guests. But if you ask a Disney employee a specific question about the event, like when and where the group picture is, they're not expected to know the answer, because the event isn't being run by Disney. I think it's great that they're offering special food, especially since that kind of thing draws out the local AP crowd as well.

Well said! I think it's really fun that they're showing their support for the event and the gay community :-)

AVP
10-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Added a few more details about the various menu offerings. I am so looking forward to the Chicken and Waffle sandwich.

I talked with one of the chefs today, and he said that if the food offerings are a hit, those "special" menu items might join the regular menu, as the Macaroni and Cheese Hot Dog has at Coke Corner.

AVP

Lani
10-04-2013, 12:23 PM
"Rainbow Pasta with Spicy Sausage"

I'm glad someone in Food Services has a great sense of humor. :fez:

cstephens
10-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Added a few more details about the various menu offerings.

Wish they hadn't made them combos, or at least didn't include the cookie, on the chicken and waffle sandwich and turkey burger. Might have to order it anyway. Will at least have a look-see.

bennette
10-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Wish they hadn't made them combos, or at least didn't include the cookie, on the chicken and waffle sandwich and turkey burger. Might have to order it anyway. Will at least have a look-see.

I know someone that will probably eat your cookie.

chahn
10-04-2013, 05:27 PM
DH & I decided that "Lobster Nachos" sounded like a euphemism but couldn't figure out for what and were a bit reluctant to think too hard about it. :)

zombie pirate
10-04-2013, 05:28 PM
I hope they have a special menu for the Goths on Bat Day:cool:

cstephens
10-04-2013, 07:18 PM
I hope they have a special menu for the Goths on Bat Day:cool:

I was thinking that too. That would be awesome!

Malcon10t
10-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Wish they hadn't made them combos, or at least didn't include the cookie, on the chicken and waffle sandwich and turkey burger. Might have to order it anyway. Will at least have a look-see.Maybe like other combos, you can order without the cookies.

Rapunzelthorn
10-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Where is the Alfresco Lounge located? Do they serve lobster nachos anywhere in the parks on a regular basis? Those sound too yummy!

Malcon10t
10-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Where is the Alfresco Lounge located? Do they serve lobster nachos anywhere in the parks on a regular basis? Those sound too yummy!The Alfresco Lounge is up the stairs by Wine Country Trattoria. Cove Bar serves lobster nachos.

Rapunzelthorn
10-05-2013, 07:13 PM
I didn't realize that the Cove Bar was actually in DCA (I just looked it up). I thought it was at the Grand Californian. Thanks for the info. We have never been there. It looks like it is on top of Ariel's Grotto from the info. that I am finding. We will have to try it when we go. So much that we have never done yet (evn though we go once a year!).

Nikara
10-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Rapunzelthorn- it is on top of Ariel's Grotto. You enter through a gate by the gazebo where they do meet and greets with Mickey (past the main entrance to Ariel's Grotto). It's one of my favorite places to relax in DCA.