PDA

View Full Version : Glitch in New Disney Dining Program for Disneyland

Toocherie
10-03-2013, 04:17 PM
I didn't see anyone else posting about this so sorry if it's duplicative.

I've been trying all day to make a reservation for breakfast tomorrow--today was supposed to be the launch of the new on-line dining reservations and the requirement that one put down a deposit to make table service reservations.

I have searched and searched on disneyland.com and couldn't find where one can make on-line dining reservations, so gave up and called Disney Dining. For most of the day I got a busy signal; finally it rang, and I was on hold for about half an hour before I got to a live CM.

She confirmed that there is a glitch with the on-line program and they have been getting complaints all day. And yes, she took my credit card number as a deposit in case of a no-show. She said they have been told the on-line program should be up and running within two days. (Really?)

I will say that the website refers to a "check availability" tool to make a reservation but it seems to not be live on the website yet. So the only other alternative is to call the Disney Dining line (because e-mail reservations was discontinued as of today).

A friend of mine made reservations this morning on the Disney Dining line and got right through first thing--but she called when they first opened. So be advised that the process isn't as easy as it usually is!

Teddi
10-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Why did Disney go and link their website with Healthcare.gov??????

- ok, sorry :~D couldn't help it. I do hope they fix it soon.

Toocherie
10-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Just checked and the "check availability" tool appears to be up and running--I didn't go through the whole process to make a reservation however.