PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Millionaire Host

Gregmh48
09-04-2001, 06:59 PM
Which host of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire-Play It! is your favorite? Does anyone know how many there are in all? I've had three different people and so far my favorite is someone named Mark.

Lacrosse Boy
09-04-2001, 07:02 PM
Regis Philban;)

thamnarestan
09-04-2001, 07:49 PM
I really didn't like the black lady. She did a terrible job when I was in the hot seat.

I think my favorite was the white guy with a slight lisp. He interacted well with both the contestants and the audience. He may be the Mark that Gregmh48 is referring to.

mrfantasmic
09-04-2001, 07:55 PM
Does Regis actually do the Play-It attraction?

analog8
09-04-2001, 08:17 PM
the best host i've seen (and i've seen about 6 different ones) would have to be the guy thats the virtual bellhop from the pioneer exhibit at innoventions, i swear that guy its going to be famous one day.

Gregmh48
09-04-2001, 08:23 PM
Yeah Mark had a slight lisp. All three times I had him he was outstanding and really played off the contestant well. He was great at the improv. I also had someone named Ellen twice and she seemed to be getting used to working the attraction still as she sometimes said the wrong thing and even called the million question the billion question. She would also laugh when nothing was said that was funny. Maybe in time the other hosts will become as great as Mark is.

Gregmh48
09-04-2001, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by analog8
the best host i've seen (and i've seen about 6 different ones) would have to be the guy thats the virtual bellhop from the pioneer exhibit at innoventions, i swear that guy its going to be famous one day.

I didn't know that a Millionaire host played that guy. I'll have to look for him next time.

Uncle Dick
03-01-2002, 02:23 AM
Oh yeah, Mark ("we like to call him Regis: The Next Generation") is an awesome host. He's been there both times I've been in the hot seat. The funniest thing he said after I finished playing last time was, "See you next month, Richard." :D What a guy.

The only other host I've seen is some chick with glasses. She does a competant job but never really has any outrageously funny lines like Mark frequently does.

Ghoulish Delight
03-01-2002, 09:48 AM
Yay! Everyone likes Mark! The first time I saw Mark, they introduced him. The announcer says "Please welcome, Mark Mohelnitzky!" I'm like, "hrmm, that name's familiar." He comes out, and it turns out he's part of an improv comedy troupe called Comedy Sportz that we LOVE and have seen a ton of times.

So, if you like Mark, check it out. Their website is www.comedysportzla.pair.com It's good, clean, family fun, and Mark is by far one of the best they got. But don't worry if he happens to not be on the night you go, if you go. Everyone else is awsome also. They play at a small theater in LA Friday and Saturday nights. And there are a bunch of other troupes around (San Diego, Santa Barbara, San Jose), so no matter where you are, you can find 'em!

Geez, you'd think I work for them. No, I just enjoy the show and love letting other people know about it. It's just one of those truly entrtaining things that beats the heck outta going to a movie or miniature golfing on a Friday night. Be sure to call for reservations, they fill up pretty quick, and they used to give you a $1 discount (it's only $10 anyway) for reserving!

bluepearl
03-01-2002, 10:35 AM
Didn't there used to be a male host by the name or Jordan or something? I haven't seen him around lately. The hostess we got a lot of the time was this sort of Miss America-looking female, I can't remember what her name was (Christie?). She seemed really nice. And we got the female hostess with the glasses once, and thought it was her first day because she made a lot of mistakes and was stuttering a lot.

I know an Innoventions host that would perfect for the job; his name is Justin and he often works on the ring at Innoventions or hosts at Drawn to Animation. I would love to see him host at Millionaire!

KarenW2
03-01-2002, 11:05 AM
Let's see, in all the Play It! shows we've seen (much shorter name than WWTBAMPI!), we've seen Mark, Elise, the tall guy I can't remember his name (is he the one from Innoventions?) and Ellen. We've seen Mark and Ellen several times, the others only once each I think. We usually see them as the stage managers, to Mark or Ellen as hosts.

Our favorite, hands-down, is ELLEN!! We really enjoy watching her and how well she can improv from what she's given as contestants and audience. Interesting, when she's the "host", she wears the glasses, when she's the stage manager, she doesn't.

We're thinking the glasses are a nod to Anne Robinson on Weakest Link & are fake. Does anybody know for real?

My DH and I have both made it into the Hot Seat, and both times we had Mark as our host. He's funny, but he seems to slur his words a lot, so he's sometimes harder to understand. He still does a good job tho.

But given a choice, we'll both vote for Ellen!!

TerryTiger
03-04-2002, 06:16 PM
I'd also have to go with Ellen. She is sweet and tries to put the person in the hot seat at ease. Jordan is good but sometimes a little stiff. As for Mark, he comes across to me as smug and I've seen him make fun of people in the hot seat AND the audience which I don't like. He also seems to drag the questions out and slow the show down somewhat which usually means only 2 people will be in the hot seat when he is hosting.