PDA

View Full Version : Tinkerbell bites the dust...

Pirate Girl
09-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Has anyone watched Tink 'land' after her flight over Disneyland during the fireworks? My cousin showed me where she lands on my last trip and I thought it was really funny. What does everyone else think?

tod
09-10-2003, 12:03 PM
It's just part of the nuts-and-bolts of running Disneyland, something the guests don't see and cast members take in stride.

"Tinker Bell's Landing" (as we used to call it) is an oil-derrick looking tower behind the Village Haus. I used to watch her land all the time in the '80s. When she was about ten feet from the tower, she'd kill the lights on her wings and glide into the tower with a soft thump. (I hear there are guys in there with pads to catch her.)

We used to stand with our backs to Dumbo to see it.

--T
:fez:

Cadaverous Pallor
09-10-2003, 12:12 PM
Ah, the "Tink Taco". The guys have a big mattress thing to catch her with, hence the moniker. :D

Yet another place to be when the Believe happens. We stood more on the Casey Jr. side of things, facing the Village Haus.

Bill Catherall
09-10-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Ah, the "Tink Taco". LOL! I can't stop laughing at that one. :D

Not Afraid
09-10-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall
LOL! I can't stop laughing at that one. :D

Stop Laughing!!!! That is what it is called!

Did we miss out on showing you this wonderful phenomenon? Poor Bill. Back to DL for you! (except, wait until January):crying:

Bill Catherall
09-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Stop Laughing!!!! That is what it is called! I know, but the image of poor Tink being wrapped up into a taco just has me busting a gut. I almost spit my protein shake out all over the monitor. :)

Rallymonkey23
09-10-2003, 12:28 PM
I was first introduced to the "Tink Taco" by Cemenkie and Not Afraid and have been back there to watch it quite a few more times since then.

NA asked if it would "Ruin the magic". When Tink started to "fly", we ran over towords where she would land like little kids. :D Good times. :) I think it added to the magic a little bit. Although, I like to see all the 'behind the scenes' things. :D

dshimel
09-10-2003, 01:05 PM
Lisa,. you have to show me on the 19th... Checks DL.com WHAT? No believe? Forget it, I'm not going. Well, maybe.... Who am kidding, of course I'll go to DL.....

BTW: I'll give you a call this weekend. I'll probably borrow my sister's cell for Friday. See you soon girlfriend. ;-)

Not Afraid
09-10-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by dshimel
BTW: I'll give you a call this weekend. I'll probably borrow my sister's cell for Friday. See you soon girlfriend. ;-)

Yeah baby!

cstephens
09-10-2003, 02:32 PM
I tend to refer to Tink as "mattress lady".

yen
09-10-2003, 02:34 PM
I only been to DisneyLand once over 16 yrs ago (during daytime).
What are you talking about (tink) ?
Yes, I watched Peter Pan so I know about tinker bell. But are you talking about a real fly (thing) or machine made thing ?
Thanks.:confused:

zapppop
09-10-2003, 02:39 PM
x

Pirate Girl
09-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Yet another place to be when the Believe happens. We stood more on the Casey Jr. side of things, facing the Village Haus.

Yeah, we stood right by the exit.

Pirate Girl
09-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by yen
I only been to DisneyLand once over 16 yrs ago (during daytime).
What are you talking about (tink) ?
Yes, I watched Peter Pan so I know about tinker bell. But are you talking about a real fly (thing) or machine made thing ?
Thanks.:confused:

Near the end of Believe (The fireworks) a person playing tinkerbell "Flies" from the top of the Matterhorn and into fanasyland. She slides down a cable and they have to use a mattress to stop her (or him as the case may be).

Pirate Girl
09-10-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
I think it added to the magic a little bit. Although, I like to see all the 'behind the scenes' things. :D

Me too. I love it when a ride breaks down and I get to walk out and see all the mechanics and stuff.:fez:

yen
09-10-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by 100thGrimGrinningGhost
Near the end of Believe (The fireworks) a person playing tinkerbell "Flies" from the top of the Matterhorn and into fanasyland. She slides down a cable and they have to use a mattress to stop her (or him as the case may be).

Thanks.
Would like to see it except that Believe will not be on by the time I go to Disneyland (end of this month)

scottmen
09-11-2003, 06:25 AM
I didn't think they did the "Tink Taco" matress thing anymore. I thought with that huge pulley system she hangs by that there is a break in that now.

Scott

Bill Catherall
09-11-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by scottmen
...that there is a break in that now. Did you mean "brake"?

Pirate Girl
09-11-2003, 10:16 AM
They still do the Tink taco, but she obviously does have a brake because she slows considerably before she hits the matteress.