PDA

View Full Version : 16th ANNUAL UNOFFICIAL GAY DAYS AT DISNEYLAND DISNEYLAND RESORT, ANAHEIM October 4-6,

AVP
09-27-2013, 11:53 AM
Press release from Gay Days Anaheim

166h ANNUAL UNOFFICIAL GAY DAYS AT DISNEYLAND
DISNEYLAND RESORT, ANAHEIM
October 4-6, 2013

SPECIAL GUESTS INCLUDE Glee’s Alex Newell and Dot Jones,
Tabatha Coffey, Susan Egan, Bravo’s Newlyweds, Blair Late and Jeff Pedersen,
and Miss Coco Peru

DJs RAY RHODES, ZACH MOOS AND KIMBERLY S. TO SPIN at the three signature parties.

The 2013 Gay Days at Disneyland are set to take place Friday, October 4 to Sunday, October 6. For its 16th year, the event is expected to attract more than 30,000 LGBT park-hoppers from California and all over the country.

Friday’s highlights include “An Intimate Conversation With Tabatha Coffey,” the third in our series of celebrity chats with 100% of proceeds going to the Point Foundation. Tickets are $20 and are available online and at the Gay Days Welcome Center in the Grand Californian Hotel.

The evening continues with WONDERLAND, a dance party with DJ Ray Rhodes (Tiger Heat, KBIG 104.), hosted by Los Angeles drag diva Momma. The event, which benefits the Point Foundation, runs from 9:30pm–1am at Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen located in Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort. Tickets are $20 at the door. The Wonderland pre-party will include a sneak peek at the new ABC series, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.

Saturday, October 5 will be Gay Day at Disneyland, which culminates with KINGDOM, the weekend’s signature dance party with music from renowned DJ Kimberly S and special performances by Alex Newell (Unique on the Fox hit Glee) and Susan Egan (star of Broadway’s Beauty and the Beast and Disney’s Hercules). KINGDOM will be held at the House of Blues Anaheim in Downtown Disney from 9pm–1:30am. Tickets are $35 in advance, $45 at the door.

Saturday will also feature An(other) Evening with Miss Coco Peru, in which Drag Queen/Monologist/World Savior, Miss Coco Peru, widely known for her hilarious star turns in the films trick and Girls Will Be Girls, will take the stage. In this intimate evening, Coco will tell stories about her life, sing some songs, and basically change lives.

Sunday, October 6 will be Gay Day at Disney's California Adventure and the return of the Gay Days Anaheim pool party, PLUNGE! from noon until 4:00 p.m. at The Anabella Hotel. DJ Zach Moos will be spinning while Momma and her bathing beauties splash around in the pool. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door.

VIP ticket packages for all three parties are available now. VIP Gold tickets include access to an exclusive cocktail party with three-time Emmy nominee, Dot Marie Jones (Glee) and Blaire Late and Jeff Pedersen (The Newlyweds).

Both days in the parks will feature gatherings only available over Gay Days weekend, including scavenger hunts, a group photo, a lesbian ice cream social, group meet ups at varying attractions, and many more events targeted to families, youth, bears, couples and Mouseketeers of every ilk. There will also be a teen dance sponsored by The Trevor Project, the nation’s only 24 hour suicide prevention hotline for GLBT youth. A complete schedule is available at the Gay Days website www.GayDaysAnaheim.com (http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com/)

Other highlights of the weekend include a live broadcast of The Derek and Romaine Show, free gift bags at the Gay Days Welcome Center (located inside the Trillium Room of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel), film screenings, mixers, a party hosted by the Family Equality Council and more.

Gay Days Anaheim is a "mix-in" with the park’s other weekend guests, but gays and lesbians are encouraged to wear red shirts in order to identify each other and to show strong numbers. Official T-shirts are available at the official Gay Days at Disneyland website. Note: Gay Days Anaheim is NOT a Disney-sponsored event so Disney will not have any information regarding the "unofficial" happening.

Sponsors for the event include Delta Airlines, Undergear, Absolut Vodka, Howard Johnson Anaheim, The Anabella Hotel, Knott’s Berry Farm, Miller/ Coors, and the Anaheim/Orange Country Visitor and Convention Bureau. Media sponsors are Blade, Gay.com, Frontiers, PIX, Odyssey Hawaii, Rage, and EDGE.

For complete details, including discounted hotel rooms and park tickets, visit www.GayDaysAnaheim.com (http://www.gayday2.com/)

carolinakid
09-28-2013, 09:16 AM
Seeing Susan Egan and Miss Coco Peru are worth the trip alone! Happy to see that the GCH is providing a Welcome Center for this "unofficial" (cough, cough) event.

cstephens
09-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Seeing Susan Egan and Miss Coco Peru are worth the trip alone! Happy to see that the GCH is providing a Welcome Center for this "unofficial" (cough, cough) event.

Not sure what the coughing is about as this isn't an official Disney event. The Grand Californian "providing" a welcome center is really just the event organizers having rented out one of the small rooms in the Grand Californian (I forget how big the Trillium Room is - I think I was in there for one of the Haunted Mansion events), as can any group, to support their event.

Sounds like a lot of fun things are planned. I'm going to be part of the madness insofar as I have friends in town, so I'll be at the resort that weekend.

shna
10-01-2013, 10:51 AM
I love that a teen dance is part of the schedule. I would think that would be really awesome for kids who never feel like they can relax and be themselves at school dances.

HeavenOnEarth
10-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Ahh...is this the reason why all the Hotels are pretty booked up this weekend?

Thanks!