PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Mountain on DLR Calendar Refurb List for Beg. of November

Rapunzelthorn
09-25-2013, 07:14 PM
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/#/default/2013/11/06

Scroll to bottom for refurb list. This is for Nov. 6th.

The first 6 days of November are up on the official DLR site and they list Big Thunder as being refurbished. Since it was supposed to open at the end of October, this could lend credence to the rumors. I know that it could still change, but the fact that is listed for November isn't encouraging for those expecting an on-time opening.

3Princesses1Prince
09-25-2013, 07:33 PM
I had read something on another site that made some sense, not sure if its true or not but I tend to think if the Feb '14 rumors were true Disney would've said something by now. Rumor: the refurb is running over but they aren't sure how much over so they are erring on the side of caution and not taking it off the refurb list quite yet.

Rapunzelthorn
09-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Yes, you could be right. Maybe they are just being conservative. I was just surprised to see it listed on the official site after the Oct. end date.

HeavenOnEarth
09-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Yea I had read this to somewhere...I wonder if you call Disneyland and ask this particular question, what will they tell you?
No wonder its not on schedule to open when its supposed to...everytime I have gone..I never...ever, see anyone working on it. It seems to just sit there in its "broken down" looking state. A very sad visual :(

olegc
09-30-2013, 09:17 AM
posted by Disney Parks blog today - return is now Winter 2014. ( i don't know if that means Jan - March or December)
see here (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/09/behind-the-walls-update-on-big-thunder-mountain-railroad-refurbishment-at-disneyland-park/) - scroll to bottom of story.

Shortpix77
09-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Wow, that's REALLY behind schedule. I wonder if they found something else when doing the refurb that needed a lot of attention or needed to be overhauled? I find it hard to believe that they could simply be behind schedule when this is more than double the estimated time for the refurb...

olegc
09-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Wow, that's REALLY behind schedule. I wonder if they found something else when doing the refurb that needed a lot of attention or needed to be overhauled? I find it hard to believe that they could simply be behind schedule when this is more than double the estimated time for the refurb...

i think this is where design vs actual placement starts to stretch the schedule. Putting in all new track, making sure it all fits and is installed per requirements, then trying to add the trains, etc. can at times lead to delays. My guess is that the transition from paper and computer to physical elements is not as smooth as anticipated.

carolinakid
09-30-2013, 10:18 AM
I hope they clean out all those old, rusted gross looking coins from the waterway. Never understood the need for people to throw coins in water. This ain't the Trevi Fountain. The Witch's Dungeon in Snow White should be cleaned out once in a while too.

Tinker44
09-30-2013, 02:07 PM
So very disappointed over the extended delay. With 64 days until our trip, I was confident that even if it was "late", it would still be open for our December trip. It's not to be this time I guess, but man, my little guy (and heck, the rest of us too!) will be so bummed.

HeavenOnEarth
09-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Believe me, I feel your pain. This is my favorite ride at DL, and to see this refurb take such an extended delay is very dissapointing :-( Like I said in my previous post, it probably would of started on schedule if they actually had people working on it every now and then.

3Princesses1Prince
09-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Believe me, I feel your pain. This is my favorite ride at DL, and to see this refurb take such an extended delay is very dissapointing :-( Like I said in my previous post, it probably would of started on schedule if they actually had people working on it every now and then.

There may have been an issue that required equipment or parts not available at the time or unexpected complications come up in construction that requires new permits. Lots of things can put a construction project on hold.

megzrg
10-01-2013, 06:57 AM
Not sure if these are new and if any of you have seen these yet, but this is what is posted on the construction walls for BTR. Saw these yesterday when we were walking to Fantasyland.

olegc
10-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Not sure if these are new and if any of you have seen these yet, but this is what is posted on the construction walls for BTR. Saw these yesterday when we were walking to Fantasyland.

they have to be new - it shows the new reopening date (which was just announced a couple of days ago).

cstephens
10-01-2013, 09:52 AM

It's brand new. I know I looked at the signs on Sunday, and they still said 2013.

Malcon10t
10-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Not sure if these are new and if any of you have seen these yet, but this is what is posted on the construction walls for BTR. Saw these yesterday when we were walking to Fantasyland.Like it has been said, they are brand new. I specifically looked Sunday morning and it was still "Fall 2013".

adriennek
10-01-2013, 05:04 PM
There's also a sign on the construction walls, with photos on it, that talks about the Happiest Horses on Earth, who many of us know make their "home" at Big Thunder Ranch.

Winniethehulk
10-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Maybe now they will add the loop! just kidding.