PDA

View Full Version : Space, Screamin' Soundtrack

rexfarms
09-04-2001, 06:33 PM
What do you think is a better soundtrack for the rides, Space Mountain, or California Screamin'?

Space, is of course better music, but Screamin' goes with the ride more. The ups and downs. What do you think? Space has a good lift hill, but the rest if pretty much the same after that. Screamin' has lift hills, and ups and downs that makes the music go much better with the ride. I mean the music goes up and down with the track... know what I mean?

JRob2k1
09-04-2001, 06:36 PM
Space Mountain!

tabacco
09-04-2001, 06:42 PM
Space, I think. Screamin's music doesn't add as much to the ride for me as Space's.

Gregmh48
09-04-2001, 06:57 PM
Space Mountain is far better. I think that it's better sounding due to the speaker setup and the fact that the ride is indoors.

akamom
09-04-2001, 07:35 PM
The music on space mountain is better, but the music on california screamin really goes with the ride. Too bad the music on space mountain is hardly ever working and when it does work, the individual speakers break down. That ride needs some TLC.

mrfantasmic
09-04-2001, 07:54 PM
I'd have to say Space Mountain. It just seems more Disney-like, if you know what I mean.

Gregmh48
09-04-2001, 08:18 PM
I also think that the quality on Screamin' is much lower. The Screamin' music sounds just like a MIDI on my computer while the Space Mountain music sounds closer to an MP3. Has anyone else noticed that the music volume and quality on Screamin' gets better the closer to the back you sit?

Gregmh48
09-04-2001, 08:21 PM
Another thought just came to mind. On Space Mountain as the rocket rounds the first turn out of the Space Port it seems that every seating row has its music slightly delayed so that it is insync with the rest of the ride. On Screamin' as the trains leave the station it seems like the music starts at once in the entire train. If it started as each row passed a certain point people in the queue would be able to hear the same part of the music repeating as the train is dispatched but right now they can hear the first part without any repeat. Does anyone know if there is a difference in the system used? Maybe Screamin' only syncs to the train instead of each row?

cemeinke
09-04-2001, 09:06 PM
There's music on Space Mountain?

Disney Fan Matt
09-04-2001, 09:14 PM
I may be the only one here to say that I like Screamin's music a little better.
They are both great however.
I have come to the point on space that the music gives away what is going to happen next.
Usually when I get towards the end, I have a hard time telling which turn is the last, but with the music, I know!
It kind of gives away the element of surprise.
But I like the music a ton on each ride, and think that more coasters should have nice soundtracks like these!

hbquikcomjamesl
09-05-2001, 10:26 AM
cemeinke wrote:

There's music on Space Mountain?

Yes, a "surf guitar" version of the "Aquarium" movement of Carnival of the Animals, by Camille Saint-Saens (Look at the Space Mountain thread for details; I don't recall the name of the famous surf guitarist who did the arrangement). It starts with loose variations on the Saint-Saens theme, then jumps into a fairly straightforward arrangement. It's been there for a few years now.

There's music on California Screamin?!??

(The lines have been a bit too long; I can wait until the line, my back, and my stomach are all cooperating at the same time) ;)

Gregmh48
09-05-2001, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
cemeinke wrote:

I don't recall the name of the famous surf guitarist who did the arrangement

Dick Dale plays the music.

Nigel2
09-05-2001, 09:39 PM
I downloaded the CS song from Kazaa and it sounds a whole lot better quality, probably since the computer speakers are moving really really fast. But SM is better as a whole, even the Ghost riders video in the line is cool. Here is a better quesiton: Which music video is better in SM, Ghost Riders, or that Bosa Supernova video.

Gregmh48
09-06-2001, 05:22 AM
The computer version of Screamin' probabaly came from the Music from DCA CD and the Screamin' music on the CD was remixed in order to take advantage of not being outdoors and being affected by other noises. The actual music isn't of that quality.

Nigel2
09-06-2001, 12:34 PM
Yeah probably, but its fun to play it on my CD player as I get onto the freeway

Cadaverous Pallor
09-06-2001, 12:47 PM
I think the reason most people like Space Mountain's music is because the ride is in the dark and you're more likely to pay attention to what you're hearing.

While I can't say I hate the idea of coasters with soundtracks, I am kind of iffy on it. I used to maintain that soundtracks are just a way to make the coaster seem better. I like Space without the music. But I have since discovered that I like it both ways. Screamin', on the other hand, isn't much of a thrilling coaster and needs the music to boost it. Without it, it would be quite dull indeed.

Bear in mind that I'm a coaster fiend. :)

I guess my real answer is that truly awesome coasters do not need background music. Space doesn't need it, but Screamin' does.

Another note: I hate when you're pulling into the station on Screamin' and the music is finishing up - it's so loud that you can't talk to the person next to you.

Gregmh48
09-06-2001, 01:30 PM
The only fault to coaster soundtracks that I don't like is that once you know the music you know exactly when anything is going to occur on the tracks. You lose the sense of surprise.

Uncle Dick
03-01-2002, 02:11 AM
The only problem I have with Screamin's music (other than that it's really, really weird) is that it's almost impossible to hear unless you have your head pressed against the back of the seat. And the levels seem really off, too (bass needs to be turned down). I've never actually been able to hear it well enough to tell whether or not it goes well with the ride, but when you're sitting in the front seat, it doesn't really matter. :)

JoeCanadian
03-01-2002, 11:53 AM
I had a lot against the entire soundtrack and announcers on this ride. It was SO pretentious the way Disney chose to have a "surfer dude" dish out the warning spiels and what-not. It makes sense, true, but I wasn't completly into it.

As for the music, I hardly noticed it. The main reason is because we have NO rollercoasters around here even worth mentioning, so I was in awe. Just seeing how the track made it's way overhead by the boardwalk and around the Maliboomer gave me shivers. So any music there may have been wasn't all that noticeable.

Space Mountain's got a great soundtrack though. It's true how someone mentioned it's so "Disney-like". I listen to it and there's no doubt that it wouldn't fit in anywhere BUT Disneyland.

Techie7
03-01-2002, 02:17 PM
Space mountain all the way. I really do not remember space mountain from before the sound track so when it doesn't work I always feel like a part of it is missing. On Screamen I think I have heard the very end (as you pull into the station) and the very start (As you leave the station). Space mountain is by far the better of the two.