PDA

View Full Version : Blue Sky Cellar closing

AVP
09-20-2013, 10:29 AM
This is your last week to visit the Blue Sky Cellar at Disney California Adventure. The cellar closes September 29. It may reopen when WDI is ready to share images of future Disneyland Resort projects.

AnotherJenny
09-20-2013, 11:34 AM
This news is between sad and neutral for me. I've enjoyed it when they have something new in there, but it's pretty "blah" when they leave something up for a long time. Like the PFF exhibit in there now.

Shortpix77
09-20-2013, 12:08 PM
This news is between sad and neutral for me. I've enjoyed it when they have something new in there, but it's pretty "blah" when they leave something up for a long time. Like the PFF exhibit in there now.

This. Exactly. It's fun when it's actually a preview, but if they have nothing to preview, then perhaps they could use the space for something else...

olegc
09-22-2013, 09:42 AM
This. Exactly. It's fun when it's actually a preview, but if they have nothing to preview, then perhaps they could use the space for something else...

that was the issue with Showcase in disneyland (i.e. - showcase for new attractions coming). it became stale quickly when no new events or attractions were coming, so they made it a merchandise location. (and to think it started as an egg restaurant).

Blue Sky as another merch location? hmm - maybe not. I think its secluded enough where they should use it for private events when needed (instead of the cavernous stage 17). oh well.

shna
09-23-2013, 02:23 PM
I wish they'd put a pin store in DCA. That would be a fine location, I think. I miss P.T. Flea's!

currence
09-23-2013, 03:03 PM
That would be a good location for a special event store. There is plenty of room to queue without getting into the way and an area outside of the store to mingle with others after your purchase. Sadly, I don't think DL has enough special events to justify a dedicated space, and I'm sure that the park would prefer some street traffic for their special merchandising events.

I liked that space when it was the Disney Visa meet & greet, though I doubt it will go back to that.

Shortpix77
09-23-2013, 03:28 PM
I wish they would turn it into indoor seating for the wine bar -- it's often hard to find a table, and sometimes it's so hot that we just don't want to sit outside. I'd be more inclined to take a wine break if it were air-conditioned :-)