PDA

View Full Version : Was Believe ever different?

SweenyTodd
09-09-2003, 02:22 PM
In looking over some old posts (not on this site) about my favorite fireworks show, I noticed a few people railing about the little boy's "constant narration" and "waxing mystically as the fireworks explode overhead."

I've seen Believe probably a hundred times, but I didn't get to see it during its first year. Was it different then? Or are the aforementioned posters just exaggerating how much the little boy talks during the show? Because it seems to me that he talks a little at the begining, then right before Tink appears, then comes back to say "Remember... just believe." That's really not that much.

And while we're at it - can anyone point me to a picture of the old Ursula float from Fantasmic? I've never seen it.

Darkbeer
09-09-2003, 02:27 PM
Well, it has been reported in the news that Believe! is using a lot less fireworks now (due in part to Air Quality/Neighbors). But I don't think the soundtrack has changed since it opened.

Polar33
09-10-2003, 12:24 AM
I've seen the show countless times since Day 1 and can say that other than some reduction in low-level pyro effects and a few other very minor changes the show you see today (um, figuratively speaking) is the same show as when it began three years ago.

AVP
09-10-2003, 08:40 AM
I'll second what Polar said - Steve Davidson, who created both the regular and holiday version of Believe, has been very very clear in repeatedly saying that neither show has changed - no matter what certain people wrote.

AVP