PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney on maintenence

merlinjones
09-09-2003, 01:06 PM
"Everybody thinks that the Park is a gold mine - - but we have had our problems. You've got to work it and know how to handle it. Even trying to keep that park clean is a tremendous expense. And those sharp pencil guys tell you, "Walt, if we cut down on maintenence, we'd save a lot of money." But I don't believe in that - - It's like any other show on the road. You've got to keep it clean and fresh." - - Walt Disney

"To try to keep an operation like Disneyland going you have to pour it in there. It's what I call "Keeping the show on the road." Not just new attractions, but keeping it staffed properly... you know, never letting your personnel get sloppy... never let them be unfriendly. That's been our policy all our lives. My brother and I have done that and that is what has built our organization." - - Walt Disney

GreatWhiteShark
09-09-2003, 01:26 PM
Very good!:)

I hope Disney is keeping to that level of quality and will continue too.:)

merlinjones
09-09-2003, 01:33 PM
>>I hope Disney is keeping to that level of quality and will continue too.<<

Sorry, Charlie... The sharp pencil guys seem to be winning.

GreatWhiteShark
09-09-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by merlinjones
>>I hope Disney is keeping to that level of quality and will continue too.<<

Sorry, Charlie... The sharp pencil guys seem to be winning.

You are right. However with the current accident, this will hopefully get them back on the right track (no pun attended).

Gemini Cricket
09-09-2003, 02:35 PM
merlinjones ~ First off, let me just say I love how much you know about the park and everything Disneyland. I love your lists and everything.

But the problem here is that Disneyland is no longer Walt's park. People kept it up as Walt was still fresh in everyone's memory in the years after his death, but now these suit types are like, 'Walt who?'

This is the biggest heartache for me about Disney. The company is "Disney" in name only...

:(

justagrrl
09-09-2003, 02:58 PM
It's too bad that's not on a plaque in the accounting office.

tod
09-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by justagrrl
It's too bad that's not on a plaque in the accounting office.

POTENTIALLY OFFENSIVE TEXT FOLLOWS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Actually, it is on a plaque, in a small room down the hall, in a porcelain frame set just below waist level. The "sharp pencil boys" pay their respects regularly.

--T
:fez: