PDA

View Full Version : Holly Madison in Dream Suite?

Pages : [1] 2

Sansarc
09-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Did anyone see the TMZ website today? There's a link to Too Fab about Holly Madison (of "Girls Next Door" fame with Hugh Hefner). She's shown on the balcony of the Dream Suite with two other girls, in pink bathrobes, and the Dale character (from Chip and Dale, I think) posing for a photo. She was evidently there getting ready for her wedding, which was held in front of Pirates. I didn't know you could rent the Dream Suite like that -- and I didn't know you could hold a wedding in the park like that? This happened yesterday, evidently. Does anyone know anything about it?

candles71
09-11-2013, 03:51 PM
I don't know anything about that one, but there was a David Tutera from a couple of years ago. The bride and party got ready in the Dream Suite, Tiana came to visit on the balcony. They went to the DL hotel, one of the lawn areas, where they had dinner first. The wedding took place afterward in the old PPF theatre, they then stayed there for the rest of the reception/dancing. The thing is, I've read, that all the vendors used on the show have to donate their services for him to use them, great advertising.

Malcon10t
09-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Did anyone see the TMZ website today? There's a link to Too Fab about Holly Madison (of "Girls Next Door" fame with Hugh Hefner). She's shown on the balcony of the Dream Suite with two other girls, in pink bathrobes, and the Dale character (from Chip and Dale, I think) posing for a photo. She was evidently there getting ready for her wedding, which was held in front of Pirates. I didn't know you could rent the Dream Suite like that -- and I didn't know you could hold a wedding in the park like that? This happened yesterday, evidently. Does anyone know anything about it?Pricing for a wedding in the park, after hours starts at $50K for 50 people. Yes, for a price, anything is possible.

Sansarc
09-11-2013, 04:38 PM
After hours! I hadn't thought about that -- and I didn't read that in the TMZ blurb. But you must be right. How else could any of it happen? She must've posed on the balcony while people were in the park, though, right? Although, who knows I guess. Wow, $50K. Just wow. I wonder where the reception was, the party, the dancing. Now I'm imagining an amazing, fantasy like party and can't get it out of my head.

Malcon10t
09-11-2013, 05:58 PM
After hours! I hadn't thought about that -- and I didn't read that in the TMZ blurb. But you must be right. How else could any of it happen? She must've posed on the balcony while people were in the park, though, right? Although, who knows I guess. Wow, $50K. Just wow. I wonder where the reception was, the party, the dancing. Now I'm imagining an amazing, fantasy like party and can't get it out of my head.The article says the wedding took place inside Blue Bayou with 150 people, followed by a ride on Pirates, followed by cake and dancing in NOS in front of Haunted Mansion. And it says the wedding took place Tuesday night.

candles71
09-11-2013, 06:44 PM
The picture I saw on FB shows them posed in front of Mickey's Death wheel at night and all lit up. It really caught my eye because the dress she was wearing, I recognized from a vintage Vogue cover from.... 60s? The skirt looks like a monarch butterfly.

Sansarc
09-11-2013, 07:08 PM
I only saw one picture online -- of the girls in their bathrobes on the balcony of the Dream Suite. I'll check Facebook -- but are there any other photos? I did a Google search, and found descriptions of the wedding, too -- thanks Mal. I just didn't know that you could book a wedding INSIDE Disneyland. I knew you could have weddings at the hotels and take pictures inside the park near the castle -- because I've seen brides/grooms doing this. But I didn't know you could honestly shut down the park early and have your wedding there. I didn't look on the calendar, but what if you were going to visit the park that day -- and then found out it closed early? Or maybe it was normally scheduled to close at 9 on Tuesday anyway. I just didn't realize the park could be literally rented out.

candles71
09-11-2013, 07:21 PM
I've been when they have closed early for events. Usually corporate if that big. We were there when they did the Quiencinera (sp?) For like 4 girls to kick it off as an option. There are signs usually. Tuesday night in this time frame has a normal 8pm closing.

Malcon10t
09-12-2013, 05:51 AM
I just didn't realize the park could be literally rented out.It has been done for years. I checked out prices, just in case I ever hit the lottery. Since she apparently also rented out the park, guesstimates would put the cost of this wedding at closer to a half million. ($50K is your basic front of the castle quickie wedding... The glass carriage is extra, as are characters...) The park closed at 7pm on Tues, my guess is the wedding was at 10pm. Note that the park closes at 5pm tonight. Who knows what event is happening tonight... The park is frequently rented out during this time of year.

candles71
09-12-2013, 06:17 AM
I was looking at the picture on FB and it isn't MFW in the background, the cars are wrong.

carolinakid
09-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Didn't they rent out the park for Miley Cyrus' birthday or something and Elizabeth Taylor's back in the day?

Shortpix77
09-12-2013, 09:15 AM
I remember the Miley Cyrus birthday party. That one was after-hours.

Nikara
09-12-2013, 11:03 AM
When I was younger my Dad's law firm would rent out the park late at night. It was the only way we ever visited at that point. I was probably around 6 the last time we got to go. My favorite part was no line for Dumbo!

disneynut
09-12-2013, 01:25 PM
On his facebook page, David Tutera congratulated "his bride", Holly Madison so he must have been involved with the wedding. Speculation on his facebook page is that this wedding will be featured on one of his new shows this season.

Sansarc
09-12-2013, 02:13 PM
I feel like a teenager -- (and I'm middle aged!) -- but I've been scouring the internet for pictures of the dress, the Blue Bayou reception -- and have seen virtually nothing! My gosh, half a million dollars. I didn't know that she and her husband even generated that kind of money. But maybe they sold the photo rights to some news and entertainment outlets. One would think.

oregontraveler
09-12-2013, 02:29 PM
I feel like a teenager -- (and I'm middle aged!) -- but I've been scouring the internet for pictures of the dress, the Blue Bayou reception -- and have seen virtually nothing! My gosh, half a million dollars. I didn't know that she and her husband even generated that kind of money. But maybe they sold the photo rights to some news and entertainment outlets. One would think.

Here's a shot from the Dream Suite balcony.
http://www.toofab.com/2013/09/11/holly-madison-wedding-photo-disney/

Sansarc
09-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Yes, this is the first photo that I saw. I noticed it through TMZ (yes, sometimes I read TMZ! Shoot me now!). But I also found another cropped photo of Holly and her husband - - but I don't know if it's from the wedding. I think it was on Perez Hilton's website. She's wearing a white sleeveless dress and had red roses in her hair. I thought (from reading about it) that her dress was white, strapless, with a blue bow and ribbon around the waist. I hope some photos are shown of this wedding. I don't know why I care so much about this, but I want to live vicariously through a Disney wedding at Pirates!! My favorite ride!!

TulaBelle
09-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Didn't Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon renew their vows/birthday party for the twins this spring with a million dollar bash at DL?

missm
09-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Yes, this is the first photo that I saw. I noticed it through TMZ (yes, sometimes I read TMZ! Shoot me now!). But I also found another cropped photo of Holly and her husband - - but I don't know if it's from the wedding. I think it was on Perez Hilton's website. She's wearing a white sleeveless dress and had red roses in her hair. I thought (from reading about it) that her dress was white, strapless, with a blue bow and ribbon around the waist. I hope some photos are shown of this wedding. I don't know why I care so much about this, but I want to live vicariously through a Disney wedding at Pirates!! My favorite ride!!

You are not alone. I searched and searched for a photo of the dress. I so hope it's going to be televised eventually!

AVP
09-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Note that the park closes at 5pm tonight. Who knows what event is happening tonight...
Cast member recognition event.

AVP

AVP
09-12-2013, 04:55 PM
But maybe they sold the photo rights to some news and entertainment outlets. One would think.Yes, and there was extremely strict security to prevent paparazzi from crashing the event.

AVP

Malcon10t
09-12-2013, 05:46 PM
My gosh, half a million dollars. I didn't know that she and her husband even generated that kind of money.Please note I did not say it did cost that much, it was a guess of how much I thought it might be. It could have been less, and it could have been a lot more.

TrueRomance
09-16-2013, 09:35 PM
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20733843,00.html

Sansarc
09-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Ooooh, great link! Thank you TrueRomance. I wish there were pictures, but I'm going to check out the issue in person tomorrow -- I hope there's a picture of her wedding dress. I wish I could see the wedding cakes, too, and the reception. It must've been a beautiful wedding.

candles71
09-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Uh, private Fantasmic? That cost keeps going up. ;)