PDA

View Full Version : ABC Preview Weekend

fairytalelover
09-09-2003, 11:03 AM
We went to the preview weekend and had a great time. The heat was not fun. It was just too hot over the weekend but we went and got drenched at the Flea Flix, then bought one of those water spray and fan combos. Best investment we ever made! Anyway, the Parade of Stars was a blast as was the Jim Belushi and the Sacred Hearts concert. We didn't watch any of the Q & A sessions they had. Mostly because they were outside and it was VERY hot. But, I thought it was very intelligent of them to promote their fall shows in this manner. They promoted their new shows and reminded people of their already existing shows and everyone had fun. Did anyone else attend?

Darkbeer
09-09-2003, 11:08 AM
Yes, I attended both days, and took lots of photos, which should be up shortly.

To me, it seemed to have slightly less attendance than last year's version.

And they did have selected Q&A sessions inside. They used the Golden Dreams Theater. The MC, and others, including George P. (Channel 7's entertainment reporter, and I don't want to misspell his name), plus some of the stars made jokes about the only reason we were in the audience was for the "Free Air Conditioning":cool:

fairytalelover
09-09-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Yes, I attended both days, and took lots of photos, which should be up shortly.

To me, it seemed to have slightly less attendance than last year's version.

And they did have selected Q&A sessions inside. They used the Golden Dreams Theater. The MC, and others, including George P. (Channel 7's entertainment reporter, and I don't want to misspell his name), plus some of the stars made jokes about the only reason we were in the audience was for the "Free Air Conditioning":cool:

I didn't even realize they had some indoor sessions. Darn it! I would have gone to get out of the heat!!:D
Do you think the attendance was lower due to the accident?

Not Afraid
09-09-2003, 01:25 PM
I was there, but not for the ABC Preview weekend. We only went to DCA for a nice, efficient drenching on GRR and some sun to dry off in. Oh, and Chocolate Malt. YUMMMM.

fairytalelover
09-09-2003, 02:03 PM
I have some pictures for everyone from this weekend. How do I post them on MP?:(

cstephens
09-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by fairytalelover
I have some pictures for everyone from this weekend. How do I post them on MP?:(

You don't. You house them somewhere else and then post a link.

fairytalelover
09-09-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
You don't. You house them somewhere else and then post a link.

Could you please PM me and tell how to do that? I have never done that before and am not sure how to go about it. Thanks.

Not Afraid
09-09-2003, 02:23 PM
Could you please PM me and tell how to do that? I have never done that before and am not sure how to go about it. Thanks.

Get Yahoo Photo. They have instruction on how to upload once you open an account.

fairytalelover
09-09-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Get Yahoo Photo. They have instruction on how to upload once you open an account.
Cool thanks.

Darkbeer
09-09-2003, 02:31 PM
The service I use is Epson's. I like the fact there are no limits to up or downloads, or any expiration date (and it's FREE). Also, they provide step by step instructions, here is there link...

http://photo.epson.com/index.html

Andrew
09-09-2003, 02:32 PM

Fairytalelover, thanks for asking. We have a FAQ (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10101) (Frequently Asked Question) entry on just this topic. However, it does assume some familiarity with Internet/Web basics like uploading files to a server.

The basic policy is this: You can post one inline image per thread on MousePad. That means you surround the URL to the image with mg] ... [/img] tags, and it is displayed in the body of your post. That image needs to be within our size guidelines, outlined in the linked FAQ post above.

If you want to post a larger image, or more than one image per thread, you need to get yourself some Web space on another server. Usually, your ISP will provide some space for you to upload your personal Web site, or they may have a "Web site builder" wizard or somesuch to assist you. Barring that, there are several services which host images. I know Epson has one (our news analyst Darkbeer uses that for his frequent photo tours) and there are many others.

If you want to talk about this more and get tips from MousePad users, I encourage you to start a thread in the Tech Room (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=32) forum here on MousePad.

Ghoulish Delight
09-09-2003, 02:32 PM

Do you think the attendance was lower due to the accident? I'd chalk it up to ABC's lineup getting steadily less popular (if that's even possible). And with Whose Line being canceled, that took away the big draw event of last year, the live Whose Line shows.

Not Afraid
09-09-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
I'd chalk it up to ABC's lineup getting steadily less popular (if that's even possible). And with Whose Line being canceled, that took away the big draw event of last year, the live Whose Line shows.

Here Here! Even I, an admitted TV non-watcher, attended a Whose Line show. It was a very nice draw.

Rallymonkey23
09-09-2003, 03:40 PM
< Ducks in>

Slot Machine! :fez:

<Ducks Out>

fairytalelover
09-09-2003, 03:52 PM
Thank you to all of you who helped me out trying to figure out the photo thing. I appreciate your help. My pics should be up soon. :)

And why was Whose Line cancelled from the weekend? Was the show itself cancelled?

Niwel
09-09-2003, 04:11 PM
Yup.
If there is no Whose Line to promote, there is no need for a show. Thus, there was no "big draw" this year that everyone HAD to see. As far as I know Whose Line will remain on ABC Family.

fairytalelover
09-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Niwel
Yup.
If there is no Whose Line to promote, there is no need for a show. Thus, there was no "big draw" this year that everyone HAD to see. As far as I know Whose Line will remain on ABC Family.

So, the show itself was cancelled? They will only have reruns on ABC Family now?

Ghoulish Delight
09-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Niwel
As far as I know Whose Line will remain on ABC Family. synidicated, yes. But no new episodes.

fairytalelover
09-09-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
synidicated, yes. But no new episodes.

OMG!! I adore that show. They always cancel shows I like and keep on the crappy ones!!!:crying: