PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Halloween Party Dates Starting to Sell Out

Pages : [1] 2

megzrg
09-06-2013, 09:47 AM
I just visited Disneyland.com to check on the Halloween party tickets and there is already a date sold out. I thought it would be nice to keep track in a thread the dates that have been sold out over the next two months as people are looking to buy tickets.

First sold out date is Friday, October 4th. Not really surprised about this one being sold out first.

HeavenOnEarth
09-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Who cares...

AVP
09-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Who cares...Probably anyone who planned to go on October 4th and hadn't yet purchased tickets?

This is the type of thing these boards are for, to communicate with other vacation planners. If the topic doesn't interest you, that's fine, but please don't be dismissive of those trying to provide a community service.

Adrienne

Malcon10t
09-06-2013, 03:58 PM
I just visited Disneyland.com to check on the Halloween party tickets and there is already a date sold out. I thought it would be nice to keep track in a thread the dates that have been sold out over the next two months as people are looking to buy tickets.

First sold out date is Friday, October 4th. Not really surprised about this one being sold out first.I told some friends who are wanting to go to an earlier one that the 4th is sold out. They jumped on tickets for the 27th. I'm trying to decide if I should go the 27th....

olegc
09-06-2013, 07:15 PM
The AP Mailer was sent out this week - and through all of my AYSO work I will tell you that paper mailings still have more impact than web sites or emails. You will see a significant bump in sales over the next 2 weeks I think. Best to plan now and get your tix.

megzrg
09-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Probably anyone who planned to go on October 4th and hadn't yet purchased tickets?

This is the type of thing these boards are for, to communicate with other vacation planners. If the topic doesn't interest you, that's fine, but please don't be dismissive of those trying to provide a community service.

Adrienne

Thank you

danyoung
09-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Who cares...

On another website there's an area specifically for itineraries. And people post in GREAT DETAIL that they're going on this ride first, followed by this ride, then this show, etc., and then asking others to critique their schedule. Personally, I can't stand that kind of detail, and I don't want to waste my time looking at the details of someone else's overly detailed schedule.

That said, this is a popular area on this other website. I would be a huge fool to join one of those threads and try to tell them how stupid I thought it all was. As long as the subject appeals to some folks, more power to them. I just stay out of those threads, and everyone's happy.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
09-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Who cares...

Apparently everybody else here including me. You're making quite an impression, and it's not a good one.

Nikara
09-07-2013, 10:34 PM
The fact that one night was already sold out was surprising to me last night- I met up with some friends at Dapper Day, and they invited me to join along for one of the nights. Later in the night we found out it was sold out! Luckily, they might have an extra ticket for me. Excited about the costumes- non-Disney related, but should be fun. We're doing Trek or Treat (Halloween with a Star Trek twist!). Is there any speculation as to why this was the first to sell out (other than it being the first Friday?)

tea4two
09-08-2013, 01:43 AM
That party coincides with the first day of Gay Days weekend. It usually sells out. Also the parties that coincide with UEA dates and the party on the 31st usually sell out.

carolinakid
09-09-2013, 07:22 AM
Out of curiosity, could anyone give me a ballpark figure of number of tickets sold that DL would declare a party sold out? Just wondering what size crowds we could be facing....

tea4two
09-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Last year, different CMs guesstimated 40,000 tickets + comp tickets. That number can vary with the day of the week (Tuesday vs. Friday?) and other factors. All that to say, a sold out party is not an overwhelming crowd, but it isn't an almost empty park either, so plan accordingly.

ogold72
09-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Last year, different CMs guesstimated 40,000 tickets + comp tickets. That number can vary with the day of the week (Tuesday vs. Friday?) and other factors. All that to say, a sold out party is not an overwhelming crowd, but it isn't an almost empty park either, so plan accordingly.

The fact that there are so many Halloween activities going on should make for shorter lines for the standard attractions (if that is something that interests you). For the majority that are there primarily to partake in the Halloween activities, some thought should be given to how to negotiate the crowds for the various attractions to reduce wait times.

Unfortunately, a schedule of events (Fireworks will be at a predictable time I imagine) is not posted at this time. I called DL a week ago and the CM said that we will likely not get any times for some of the events/attractions until the day of the party. I personnaly would like to know if the Cadaver Dans are performing at certain times and if the Monsters University Party are at set times. Regarding the trick or treating part, she did say you will see shorter lines if you go from the back of the park toward the front.

sfjgarcia
09-10-2013, 10:26 AM
The first year I attended Mickey’s Halloween Party, I relied on discussion boards for traveling tips. I put together a schedule/itinerary to help me remember what I wanted to tackle. I didn’t follow it faithfully but it gave me a sense of direction. My suggestion is plan ahead. Inform yourself as much as possible ahead of time and utilize your time to your desire. If you like to take character photos, find out where the characters will be. If you like to dance know ahead of time where the dance parties are set up. No matter how much I planned I couldn’t do everything on my list so set real expectations. We went through 2 candy posts and had more than enough candy for the rest of the night. The sooner you get your tickets the better. I’m happy to share my experience if anyone is interested.

megzrg
09-14-2013, 09:15 AM
October 4th and now September 27th is sold out.

mckygirl99
09-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Ugh!! I'm short one ticket for 10/4! I feel so bad for my friend!!

corona
09-25-2013, 11:20 AM
I called DL a week ago and the CM said that we will likely not get any times for some of the events/attractions until the day of the party. I personnaly would like to know if the Cadaver Dans are performing at certain times and if the Monsters University Party are at set times. Regarding the trick or treating part, she did say you will see shorter lines if you go from the back of the park toward the front.

Once you wrote "CM" .... :eyeroll:
Anyway, the map and guide (although in low resolution) may now be found on flickr

DwarfPlanet
09-26-2013, 08:26 AM
One year when I was there on a sold out night a couple years ago the CM in the ticket window advised me she could only sell tickets to folks who already had them in case they came up short for their group. So if you are short a ticket check with Disney personally and see what the rules are today on getting an extra ticket.

tea4two
09-26-2013, 11:39 PM
Oct. 11th is now sold out.

tlovesdis
10-02-2013, 02:24 PM
There are now 5 dates sold out...

Oct 4, 8, 11, 18, and 25

3Princesses1Prince
10-02-2013, 03:37 PM
There are now 5 dates sold out...

Oct 4, 8, 11, 18, and 25
Wow! All the Fridays sold out before the Halloween night?

Malcon10t
10-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Discovered something last weekend about the sold out dates. Ticket booths will NOT have tickets for sale, however, if you are staying ON PROPERTY, they have a limited supply.

hoberlander
10-03-2013, 10:09 AM
My sisters and nephews got tickets for the halloween party on the 8th, and when we went to get ours a few hours later, they were sold out! Does anyone know of any other ways to get tickets besides the website, calling, or staying at the hotel? Do we actually have to buy the tickets at the hotel if we are staying at the hotel? Any chance there is someone here that was planning on going on the 8th, and can't, or might want to switch to a different day that would be willing to sell us their tickets? (2 adults and 2 children, although we'd be ok with 1 adult.)

Thanks!

cstephens
10-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Wow! All the Fridays sold out before the Halloween night?

Isn't that the normal pattern? I thought I remembered that Halloween doesn't really sell out quickly unless it's on a Friday night. Most people have other things they want to do on Halloween.

DwarfPlanet
10-03-2013, 10:34 AM
My sisters and nephews got tickets for the halloween party on the 8th, and when we went to get ours a few hours later, they were sold out! Does anyone know of any other ways to get tickets besides the website, calling, or staying at the hotel? Do we actually have to buy the tickets at the hotel if we are staying at the hotel? Any chance there is someone here that was planning on going on the 8th, and can't, or might want to switch to a different day that would be willing to sell us their tickets? (2 adults and 2 children, although we'd be ok with 1 adult.)

Thanks!

Repeat from above - One year when I was there on a sold out night a couple years ago the CM in the ticket window advised me she could only sell tickets to folks who already had them in case they came up short for their group. So if you are short a ticket check with Disney personally and see what the rules are today on getting an extra ticket.