PDA

View Full Version : Napa Rose Sunday Brunch on hiatus until November

cstephens
09-08-2003, 08:04 PM
Someone on another board mentioned it, and I just spoke to a Disney Dining CM who confirmed that Napa Rose is not currently serving Sunday Brunch. She said it has been suspended because it's not very busy, but she said the brunch is expected to return in November, around Thanksgiving time.

Bummer.

CarlieB
09-08-2003, 08:05 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Well, I guess I can tick that off my to-do list then....:(

cstephens
09-08-2003, 08:14 PM
Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen has a good Sunday Brunch, if that sounds appealing to you.

CarlieB
09-08-2003, 08:38 PM
Thanks:) We're definitely going there for dinner one night (after the roaring success that was our dinner there last year) so may skip brunch there. Are there any other nice brunched in the area that you can think of? (otherwise, breakfast at the uva Bar looks quite good:) )

merlinjones
09-08-2003, 09:00 PM
Shouldn't they have waited until after Gay Day Weekend? After a hard night of partying, the boys love to brunch! Missing a good payday there...

innerSpaceman
09-08-2003, 09:11 PM
Yeah, but post gay-day(night) brunch is usually not till 3 pm on Sunday!

merlinjones
09-08-2003, 09:24 PM
So the Napa Rose should have Brunch all day Gay Sunday. I mean - - what else do they have to do?

And provide extra cushions!

merlinjones
09-08-2003, 09:42 PM
How about a Gay Day Napa Rose Character Brunch with Cruella DeVil, Maleficent, Wicked Queen, Gaston, Tarzan, Captain Hook and Peter Pan?

merlinjones
09-08-2003, 09:53 PM
Better yet - - What finer opportunity to premiere Disney's Prince Collection franchise? Prince Charming, Prince Charming, Prince Phillip, Prince Eric, Prince Beast, Tarzan, Prince Ali and Shiang. Now there's a brunch buffet!

cstephens
09-09-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by CarlieB
Thanks:) We're definitely going there for dinner one night (after the roaring success that was our dinner there last year) so may skip brunch there. Are there any other nice brunched in the area that you can think of? (otherwise, breakfast at the uva Bar looks quite good:) )

Hmmm, brunches, no, not really. The breakfast at Storyteller is quite good though.

I think my favorite Sunday brunch place is at a restaurant called Charlie Brown's, but I'm not sure if there are any in the area.

Originally posted by merlinjones
How about a Gay Day Napa Rose Character Brunch with Cruella DeVil, Maleficent, Wicked Queen, Gaston, Tarzan, Captain Hook and Peter Pan?

A villains character meal? I would be so there, with a ton of friends in tow. I think I remember having heard that they did something like that at WDW at one point.

I was hoping for another villains event but so far, nada.

justagrrl
09-09-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by cstephens

I think my favorite Sunday brunch place is at a restaurant called Charlie Brown's, but I'm not sure if there are any in the area.

Mmmmmm...soooooo good. There used to be one in Anaheim near the El Torito on the way to the Pond. Speaking of, El Torito has a good Sunday Brunch. So does Alcupolco (sp?).

KarenW2
09-09-2003, 09:48 AM
Hi Cindy,
You were wondering about the Charlie Brown's restaurant in Anaheim? I just did a search for "Charlie Brown restaurant Anaheim" (just CBR kept giving me the New Jersey places!), and came up with this info under Anaheim restaurants:

Charlie Brown's
1751 S. State College
Anaheim, CA
(714) 634-2201

I was thinking there was another one, just off the 405 freeway, around Harbor or whatever, but that might not be considered Anaheim. Not sure if that one's still open.

On your subject of frustrating typos, there's one on the Anaheim restaurant page! It's a listing for the restaurant known as:

"Cattleman's Warf Restaurant"

I guess this is different from the Cattleman's WHARF Restaurant that used to be so popular in the 70's. Do you think they'd serve Klingons here?? :rolleyes:

cstephens
09-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by KarenW2
Hi Cindy,
You were wondering about the Charlie Brown's restaurant in Anaheim? I just did a search for "Charlie Brown restaurant Anaheim" (just CBR kept giving me the New Jersey places!), and came up with this info under Anaheim restaurants:

Charlie Brown's
1751 S. State College
Anaheim, CA
(714) 634-2201

Thanks for the info. I wonder if they serve Sunday Brunch. I'm not sure all of them do. I'll have to check. The closest Charlie Brown's to our home closed down a few months ago, so we were really bummed. There's another one a bit farther away, and we haven't had a chance to check that out yet.

I guess this is different from the Cattleman's WHARF Restaurant that used to be so popular in the 70's. Do you think they'd serve Klingons here?? :rolleyes:

Only if Mr. Security Officer who I hated them pairing up with Dax changed the spelling of his name. ;)

Grandbreaker
09-09-2003, 02:04 PM
It was open for brunch last sunday. I know I was there.

cstephens
09-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Grandbreaker
It was open for brunch last sunday. I know I was there.

Yes, Sept. 7 was the last day it was open for Sunday Brunch before its hiatus.

justagrrl
09-09-2003, 02:59 PM

Charlie Brown's
1751 S. State College
Anaheim, CA
(714) 634-2201

I wouldn't count on going to either of these. As a previous Anaheim local, I can tell you that both places have gone out of business.

SzczerbiakManiac
09-10-2003, 10:10 AM
merlinjones wrote:
Better yet - - What finer opportunity to premiere Disney's Prince Collection franchise? Prince Charming, Prince Charming, Prince Phillip, Prince Eric, Prince Beast, Tarzan, Prince Ali and Shiang. Now there's a brunch buffet!Thank you merlinjones! TDA, are you listening?!? Do this, please!

I'm quite serious, I would totally go to a character meal like this.