PDA

View Full Version : Last BTMRR FP's

Pyrite
09-08-2003, 02:10 PM
I was there on Friday when the accident happened. In fact I think I have the last fast passes issued for the ride. 11:16am is the time on them. My little brother had just gotten them and nobody else was around. He just had only just turned around when he heard the announcement that the ride was closed. I was at the smoking area with my friend when we saw four security guards, trying to look like they were not hurrying, pass us.
I never would have know that it happened at all had my mother not left a message at the Disneyland Hotel for me. Curious about it we tried to locate a newpaper for more information on Saturday. Of course we could not find one in the hotel lobby or Downtown Disney. They had plenty of yesterday's but were already out of Saturday's, hmmm. The man running the magazine stand in downtown Disney looked so nervous when we asked him for the paper. I sure it was a front page story?

Disney lucked out on that it happened on a Friday. Daily WEEKDAY delivery of the newspaper is included in the resort fees at the Disney properties. I don't doubt Disney would never have delivered that paper in a million years but can you imagaine the hundreds of resort guest finding that newspaper on thier doorstep? I also noticed the helicopters that day and thought it was odd - is Disney not a no fly zone?

It was wierd for all of us when we talked later after we found out about the incident and we all pieced together the information we had. They really can keep things quiet!

Disneyphile
09-08-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Pyrite
I was there on Friday when the accident happened. In fact I think I have the last fast passes issued for the ride. 11:16am is the time on them.
Not saying that you would, but I'm really hoping some people won't try to Ebay those. :(

Pyrite
09-08-2003, 02:29 PM
Goodness no! I can honestly say I have never even been on E-bay. Not my kind of thing. Do you really think somebody would even want something like that, let alone pay money to have it??? It never crossed my mind!!! That just sounds crazy!

Disneyphile
09-08-2003, 02:42 PM
I actually just checked, to make sure. People will stoop to anything just to make a buck on there it seems. :(