PDA

View Full Version : Disney making another change to Arielís Grotto; restoring World of Color dinner

AVP
08-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Last summer Disney turned Ariel's Grotto into an all-character, all-the-time dining venue, with character breakfast, lunch and dinners featuring the Disney Princesses. At the time, they discontinued the World of Color dining package entirely.

Looks like they've realized there's more demand for World of Color packages than character dinners, so they just notified cast members that, starting September 8, they're sending the princesses back to Fantasyland after lunch and bringing back the World of Color dinner packages.

World of Color dinner packages will be offered from 5:30pm - 7:30pm, and I've seen no indication that the menu will change from the current prix-fix, family style offering, though of course we'll check again after the change takes place.

The World of Color dinner packages can be booked 60 days in advance, which means those of you visiting in the next two months should probably call to make your reservations NOW before Disney officially announces this. 714-781-DINE

I'm not surprised by this change. Carthay Circle has been slammed at dinner most times we've been there lately, and the servers attribute it to the World of Color packages. If Disney can fill another restaurant by increasing the size of the reserved standing area for World of Color, it seems a no-brainer that they'd try.

mkraemer
08-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Hurray, hurray, hurray!! I couldn't be more delighted by this news!!

Janis and Aaron
08-22-2013, 10:36 PM
That's weird. The WOC dining deal through the Disney hotels included Ariel's Grotto as a WOC dining option, and those hotel packages started Aug. 18. We didn't try to book it, opting for Carthay Circle, but now I wonder what would have happened had we tried.

disneyobsessed
08-23-2013, 08:07 AM
Are you sure this is a coming change? I thought I had read at the beginning of the summer that Ariel's was doing WoC dining for dinner already. Is the change just becoming "permanent" now?

3Princesses1Prince
08-23-2013, 08:15 AM
Are you sure this is a coming change? I thought I had read at the beginning of the summer that Ariel's was doing WoC dining for dinner already. Is the change just becoming "permanent" now?

That's what I thought too.

olegc
08-23-2013, 05:29 PM
there was a thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?181505-no-more-World-of-Color-packages-at-Ariel-s-Grotto&highlight=world+of+color+dinner) when that change came out - and in there was a post with text from the announcement from the parks at that time " World of Color dining packages will no longer be offered at Ariels Grotto after June 14, 2012, but guests may still enjoy World of Color package options at other park locations to receive a ticket for access to the World of Color Viewing Area. "

so it looks like the dining packages were gone in June but now are back.

3Princesses1Prince
08-23-2013, 05:51 PM
there was a thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?181505-no-more-World-of-Color-packages-at-Ariel-s-Grotto&highlight=world+of+color+dinner) when that change came out - and in there was a post with text from the announcement from the parks at that time " World of Color dining packages will no longer be offered at Ariels Grotto after June 14, 2012, but guests may still enjoy World of Color package options at other park locations to receive a ticket for access to the World of Color Viewing Area. "

so it looks like the dining packages were gone in June but now are back.

That's not what I was referring to. I'm talking about THIS June they brought WOC meals back to AG on "select nights".

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/06/disneyland-resort-viewing-tips-world-of-color/

disneyobsessed
08-23-2013, 08:52 PM
That's not what I was referring to. I'm talking about THIS June they brought WOC meals back to AG on "select nights".

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/06/disneyland-resort-viewing-tips-world-of-color/

Yeah, that's what I was remembering. So the difference now maybe is that the WoC dining is coming back every night of the week?

mickeyspicnic
08-25-2013, 02:01 AM
very strange. husband and i had dinner at Ariel's Grotto and got World of Color passes on July 30 or so.

Hoppypooh
08-25-2013, 03:59 AM
When I made our dining reservations last week for September 7, I was told that if we wanted princesses they would be at lunch only.

currence
08-25-2013, 07:21 AM
When I make reservations for mid-September, I was told that there was change to the princess hours starting Sept. 8. I may have been mistaken but the impression I got was that they were starting the World of Color dining earlier in the day, so that the princesses got kicked out sooner. That may have been the change that the CM was referring to? We made a late lunch reservation and were warned to call back after Labor Day and make sure that the reservation time was still going to have princesses.