PDA

View Full Version : What happend to the shadow piano player in the attic at the Mansion?

Pages : [1] 2

HeavenOnEarth
08-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Just got back from a 2 day stay at the parks and noticed that the shadow piano palyer was not in the attic on the HM ride... :-(
Wonder why? I really liked that effect

animal24
08-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Just got back from a 2 day stay at the parks and noticed that the shadow piano palyer was not in the attic on the HM ride... :-(
Wonder why? I really liked that effect

Probably the same as the crab. Just taking a vacation.

Goodnplenty
08-23-2013, 08:11 AM
Oh no, don't laugh at me but there's a shadow of the piano player in the attic? I only get to see DL's HM when they have the seasonal overlay. So I don't recall the shadow of a piano player. I know here at MK the piano player shadow is not in the attic but on the 1st floor. .....So the DL shadow is in the attic?

GnP :)

leota's necklace
08-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Now I am wondering if I have seen him since Constance arrived...has he been there?
GnP, he was in the corner on the left side of the track.

cstephens
08-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Now I am wondering if I have seen him since Constance arrived...has he been there?
GnP, he was in the corner on the left side of the track.

Yes, he's been there since she took over the attic. He disappears fairly frequently, or is sometimes more visible than others, as I recall.

Toocherie
08-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Probably just a trick of the light based on time of day and how bright it is outside, but I swear there are times the HM is darker than other times.

cstephens
08-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Probably just a trick of the light based on time of day and how bright it is outside, but I swear there are times the HM is darker than other times.

Yep, it's darker if you ride it in the daytime because your eyes haven't adjusted to the dimmer lights inside, and the ride isn't really long enough for your eyes to get fully acclimated. If you ride it at night, your eyes are already used to the lower light levels, so it's "brighter" inside, and you can see a lot more of the details.

Goodnplenty
08-27-2013, 04:37 AM
When I'm at DL I always try to ride the HM at night. :) So you can still see the piano player when the holiday overlay is up? And I should look to my left side when I enter the attic?

I'm kinda excited. I get to look for something new! (at least to me ;) )

GnP

Rufus T Firefly
08-27-2013, 07:48 AM
Look for the two monkeys dancing in the dining room during the holiday overlay

HeavenOnEarth
08-27-2013, 08:20 AM
No...its not my eyes playing tricks on me or my eyes haven't acclimated yet. The Shaodw Paino player was gone...poof, not there. I was just poseing the question as to why, because I just recently noticed him about a year ago and now its one of my favorite ghosts in there.

familymemories
08-27-2013, 09:26 AM

Sometimes it is. When we have spent long trips at the Resort, we too have noticed that too. Also, in Pirates ride.

danyoung
08-27-2013, 01:55 PM
I know here at MK the piano player shadow is not in the attic but on the 1st floor.

Are you sure about that? Don't you go upstairs first thing upon leaving the boarding area?

HeavenOnEarth
08-28-2013, 07:55 AM
I wasn't even refering to the MK HM...so it really doesnt have to do with this thread...
The paino player is in the attic with the bride...or he was.

danyoung
08-28-2013, 09:38 AM
I think that with this being a Disney park forum, the comparison of DL to the MK is totally valid.

HeavenOnEarth
08-28-2013, 11:05 AM
Actually this is Disneyland park forum and not a DisneyWorld forum. And no its not valid as both rides are not exactly the same.

danyoung
08-28-2013, 11:14 AM
Goodnplenty was just pointing out that it's still there in the MK, which I thought was an interesting and germane point. You obviously don't think so, so I guess we've both made our points.

3Princesses1Prince
09-03-2013, 05:54 AM
No...its not my eyes playing tricks on me or my eyes haven't acclimated yet. The Shaodw Paino player was gone...poof, not there. I was just poseing the question as to why, because I just recently noticed him about a year ago and now its one of my favorite ghosts in there.

Since this is a discussion board, not all replies to this thread are directed at you but to other posters who were unaware of this particular ghost. I don't have a clue what you are talking about as I have never noticed or heard anyone discuss him. No one is saying "you just didn't see him", they are replying to other posters and offering their experiences when they had a hard time seeing him for whatever reasons.

disney42dude
09-04-2013, 09:46 PM
The ghost in question is the shadow that is playing "Here Comes the Bride" on the piano to the left in the attic before you get to Constance. I've never noticed him gone.

Goodnplenty
09-11-2013, 10:24 AM
The ghost in question is the shadow that is playing "Here Comes the Bride" on the piano to the left in the attic before you get to Constance. I've never noticed him gone.

Wow, that's really neat! I'll be extra vigilant when I get to the attic and make sure to look on my left. You know what? I just realized that I'm always sitting on the right side of the doom buggy because my DH lets me in first. This time I'll sit on the left. Thanks for sharing!
GnP

Goodnplenty
09-11-2013, 10:35 AM
I wasn't even refering to the MK HM...so it really doesnt have to do with this thread...
The paino player is in the attic with the bride...or he was.

I'm sorry HeavenOnEarth, I wasn't trying to compare the 2 rides. I just wanted to make sure I understood where to look to see your piano ghost. I'm really glad that you started this thread because now I can try to look for your ghost too. :)

danyoung
09-11-2013, 01:53 PM
You don't really have to worry about which side you're on - the doombuggy will rotate and face you right at the piano player.

HeavenOnEarth
09-12-2013, 11:06 AM
No appologies necessary Goodnplenty...
Im the one who needs to appoloigize to everyone about just being "nasty" to everyone. Sorry everyone, just going through a rough spell in my life, but much better now :-)

But the piano player is really cool and one of my favs now
Thanks

Sansarc
09-12-2013, 03:00 PM
I've been on this ride hundreds of times. I live here in L.A.! And I am completely clueless about all of this. Can you all help? 1) Where is the attic? Which scene?? 2) Who is Constance?!!!!!!

Shortpix77
09-12-2013, 03:17 PM
I've been on this ride hundreds of times. I live here in L.A.! And I am completely clueless about all of this. Can you all help? 1) Where is the attic? Which scene?? 2) Who is Constance?!!!!!!

The attic is the scene with all of the wedding photos and knick-knacks lying about. The bride's name is Constance. You won't be able to see any of this for awhile though, as the Haunted Mansion reopens tomorrow with the holiday overlay and all of this will be covered up :-)

cstephens
09-12-2013, 03:22 PM
The attic is the scene with all of the wedding photos and knick-knacks lying about. The bride's name is Constance. You won't be able to see any of this for awhile though, as the Haunted Mansion reopens tomorrow with the holiday overlay and all of this will be covered up :-)

But then the trick is to look for the monkey bride! :)

And I personally also look to see where they put Sally's box - the box that's covered with wrapping paper in the same design as Sally's dress. I really wish they'd sell the wrapping paper used on the Christmas presents in the attic.