PDA

View Full Version : DLR Passholders get early entry to "Long Lost Friends" event 8/19-25

AVP
08-19-2013, 10:19 AM
I'd expect a blog post any minute about this, but the following is posted on the Annual Passholder page (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/offers-discounts/long-lost-friends-photo-moments-for-passholders/):

A Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic Opportunity Get reacquainted with some long lost friends as rarely seen Disney Characters visit Disneyland Park. Annual Passholders can enjoy special Character Greetings—30 minutes before regular park Guests are admitted to the Character Greeting area in Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree—thanks to this Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic opportunity.
With Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/limited-time-magic-for-passholders/), Annual Passholders have exciting opportunities, offers and events like this.
Dates
August 19 - 25, 2013
Character Greeting Location
Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree in Frontierland at Disneyland Park
Annual Passholder Character Greeting Time
10:30 - 11:00 a.m.
Please note that Annual Passholders may be admitted to the Character Greeting area at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree at 10:30 a.m. -- 30 minutes prior to regular Guest admittance, which is at 11:00 a.m.
Event Details

All participating Guests (ages 3 and older) must be valid Annual Passholders on the day of event participation. Children under 3 years of age are permitted to attend the event as long as space is available.
All participating Annual Passholders must present their active Annual Passport to the event Cast Member at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree in Frontierland at Disneyland Park. Photo ID may be required.
The event is scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. and lasts for 30 minutes each day.
Space is limited. Admission to the area will be granted subject to capacity, scheduled park events and other restrictions.
Participation does not include early Disneyland Park entry or parking.

Additional Information

Valid theme park admission is required.
Information and event elements are subject to restrictions, change and cancellation without notice.

houseofmouse
08-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Um...yay? Seriously I can see these "special" lines being super long! Do AP's really think this is a benefit? I have an AP but live in CO, and would not make a special trip just to do this "event" if I lived there. But that is just my opinion. :)

currence
08-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Well, this Sunday is the first weekend back for the So Cal Passholders so I, for one, will be avoiding the park like the plague. BUT, I could see this being offered as a way to (1) offer something to AP holders that make them feel special without costing Disney very much (2) encourage passholders to arrive earlier than they might otherwise by making the exclusive hours from 10:30-11:00 only and (3) get some of the AP holders out of the regular lines by giving them early access. I don't see this as enticing a passholder to make a special trip but more time-shifting those passholders who are already in the park or planning on going to the park that day.

Also, not all passholders are on Mouseplanet, friends with the AP website on facebook, subscribe to their twitter feed, or otherwise know that there is limited time magic available. i sometimes wonder just how crowded these events will be. I am certainly not going to miss 1/2 hour (plus travel time) of work just to say hi to some long lost friends.