PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 9/7

blusilva
09-07-2003, 11:08 PM
Given the tone of the news the last few days, I just thought I'd share with you guys the wonderful day I had today at the Park.

Got there around 8:30ish. The Park wasn't due to open until 9, but the main gates were already open and they were admitting guests onto Main Street. I sat under one of the trees at the entrance and listened to the wonderful brass band play a selection of happy tunes.

Met my party at Town Square shortly after 9 am. We were on our way to The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh when we saw that Indy had no line. We walked right on! Then we walked right on to Pooh! It was fabulous.

We had a relaxed, leisurely breakfast at the Riverbelle Terrace. The staff there was gracious (as always) and the food delicious. I love the potatoes there.

Then we walked on Pirates. Notice a theme running through here? ;)

We headed over to The Matterhorn and waited about 10 minutes in line. Then we squeezed in Pinocchio (which, for the first time I've ever ridden it had an actual line!), Mr. Toad, and my favorite, It's A Small World. Have they tweaked the color scheme again recently? I didn't notice the pastel edging the last couple of times I was there. I thought it was repainted white with the turquois accents. Now it seems to have just white with the edging done in peach and a pale blue. It's still beautiful, and against the deep clear blue of today's sky, it seemed even more sparkly than usual. I am really digging the return of the old soundtrack. The uniqueness of each different language and style of music is so much more clear!

Then we hit the Bakery and got yummy snacks, did some shopping on Main Street (I have a new Mickey Mouse t-shirt to add to my collection) and popped in for a nice, very air-conditioned visit with Mr. Lincoln before leaving.

All in all, it was a wonderful day!

P.S. I almost forgot! CM above and beyond the call of duty today was John in the shop on Main Street right next to the little alcove where the Haunted Mansion photo op area is set up. We asked him a couple of questions about it and about when the Mansion would be up and running for the holidays and he whipped out his white CM info sheet and provided us with all the answers to our questions. Thank you John!

JenGood008
09-07-2003, 11:48 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time! Today seemed like a great day to be there with the light crowds - we walked onto almost everything too. Lots of fun!

stephanie01
09-08-2003, 04:27 PM
This post made my day. We are traveling from NJ to DL in a few weeks with our toddler and I was starting to think we made a big mistake. I'm glad you had a great time.

blusilva
09-08-2003, 07:54 PM
Stephanie, I hope you and your family have a fantastic trip! You should have seen the toddler on the It's A Small World boat with us. She waved like a princess on top of a float at all the dolls all the way through the ride. It was hysterical.

Jen, glad you had a good time, too. We probably walked right past each other and didn't know it! ;)

theg0ldensnitch
09-08-2003, 09:15 PM
I am going with my boyfriend on the 14, 15, and 16 and he and I were wondering how busy the park would be. I'm soo happy to hear it was dead. Hope to see everyone there!