PDA

View Full Version : Major ride closures today (August 14)

Monstro
08-14-2013, 06:55 PM
This morning until about 1:00 pm Indiana Jones, Tiki room, Jungle boat, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion were all closed! They had some sort of electrical issues. A CM told me he saw some folks backstage tearing into some major electrical stuff trying to get it fixed. Kind of a bummer for the good morning hours.

houseofmouse
08-14-2013, 06:57 PM
We had that happen to us one year in the summer. I think it was 07 or 08. Indy, Pirates, Haunted and Splash all down because of electrical issues. Took them a few hours to get them running again. It happens.

candles71
08-14-2013, 07:09 PM
And the dec mouseadventure when that area was flooding from the torrential downpours.

letshavefun
08-14-2013, 07:28 PM
For most people that would probably really be a bummer and I would probably be bummed too but it would make me slow down and do other things. I am usually in go mode while in the parks and every trip I say I'm going to slow down but for some reason I can't. Having rides down would do the trick.

Shortpix77
08-15-2013, 07:21 AM
I am usually in go mode while in the parks and every trip I say I'm going to slow down but for some reason I can't.

Maybe you should start in DCA with an adult beverage :-) That usually puts me in "stroll and look around" mode instead of "go" mode!

HeavenOnEarth
08-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Maybe you should start in DCA with an adult beverage :-) That usually puts me in "stroll and look around" mode instead of "go" mode!

Exactly!!! Carthay Circle, here I come :-)

familymemories
08-15-2013, 12:03 PM
Bummer! There are many other activities to do in both parks. Several years ago they had pirates, big thunder mountain and one other closed during most of the day on our trip. You just deal with it.

letshavefun
08-15-2013, 01:17 PM

Good idea, I'll try that:)

kagee
08-15-2013, 02:12 PM
I realize that most people on here are AP's but please think of the tourist who may only get to Disneyland once and all those rides being closes is a bummer. I have some friends going in the end of August, which is still considered high season at least for the Disnelyland hotels, and yet the Haunted Mansion is closed for refit for Halloween.

ogold72
08-15-2013, 02:24 PM
For most people that would probably really be a bummer and I would probably be bummed too but it would make me slow down and do other things. I am usually in go mode while in the parks and every trip I say I'm going to slow down but for some reason I can't. Having rides down would do the trick.

You are so correct. I have planned to see Laughing Stock for 5 straight visits and failed to see them once because I always get pulled to other attractions/events. Its on the schedule again this time.....

danyoung
08-15-2013, 02:32 PM
I realize that most people on here are AP's but please think of the tourist who may only get to Disneyland once and all those rides being closes is a bummer.

I'm not sure what others here can do about the situation. I never like it when a prime attraction is closed. Heck, I was visiting DL long before there were posted ride closures, and you had to walk up to the ticket booths to see what was closed on that day. It would be really depressing to find out that Pirates or the HM were closed, but hey, you were still in Disneyland and you made the best of it.

cstephens
08-15-2013, 04:01 PM
I realize that most people on here are AP's but please think of the tourist who may only get to Disneyland once and all those rides being closes is a bummer. I have some friends going in the end of August, which is still considered high season at least for the Disnelyland hotels, and yet the Haunted Mansion is closed for refit for Halloween.

Yes, I can certainly see how that would be disappointing, but I would venture to guess that at any given time, there's always going to be a family who is going to be making their one trip to Disneyland, so there's never a "good" time for rides to be down. Sometimes, unforeseen things happen. I doubt that it's Disney's choice to have all these rides down at the same time.

And with all due respect, it may be that your friends can only go during August, but given that the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay has been going on now for more than 10 years, it would seem pretty easy to know when the attraction is going to be down in connection with the overlay.

SbJasmine
08-19-2013, 10:22 PM
We were there that morning - it was the last day of the trip & I had the kids by myself so I selfishly was wanting the long Pirates ride in the A/C fir a break where I didn't have to chase my toddler ;-) We went on Winnie the Pooh twice instead ;-) and after we ate lunch Haunted Mansion had opened back up (so I got my rest break). Yay for the longer rides!!!