PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Light Parade Help

miss bianca
09-07-2003, 08:48 PM
Hello all
I could use some help šoš
We are planning to watch E.L.P on 9/18 @ 8pm - We are hoping to grab some ice cream sundaes at Burr Bank Ice Cream and then watch the Parade from somewhere along the Sunshine Plaza. Here's my questions
1) If we sit in the chairs and table outside of Burr Bank Ice Cream & Baker's Field Bakery will we have a clear view of the parade? Or do people tend to stand in front of that that area?

2) Where else in Sunshine Plaza do you recommend sitting to watch the Parade? We are thinking the Plaza so we can make an easy/early exit to head back to DL.

3) How early will we have to scout out seats at The Plaza?

4) How long does the ELP last?

Thanks all ! :)

Captain Josh
09-07-2003, 09:08 PM
I think you should be fine right where you are. The crowds SHOULD be pretty light on a Thursday. Actually, I've never seen terrible crowds for the MSEP, but I don't view it regularly, so I can't be sure.

Ghoulish Delight
09-07-2003, 09:28 PM
Actually, Burr Bank is not a very good viewing spot, especially seated. People stand right along the edge of the route, and that's basically the most crowded spot on the route.

If you move down towards Condor flats, where the path branches either to the right to Condor Flats or to the left towards Bugs Land, there is some decent viewing. If you get there about 20 minutes beofore the parade is scheduled, you'll have some ground to sit on. After that, there's good standing viewing. There's no real way to sit in seats and see it unless you eat dinner at Golden Vineyard.

It's a long parade. 15? 20 minutes?

zapppop
09-07-2003, 10:06 PM
The word " Light " was never in the title.
Where did you get the idea it was ?

masilly1
09-07-2003, 10:12 PM
We always sit right outside of the Golden Dreams theater.
Do they do the parade on Thurs. nights? I thought after Labor day it was only on Friday and Saturday nights

Better check to make sure :)

miss bianca
09-08-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by zapppop
The word " Light " was never in the title.
Where did you get the idea it was ?

Really? I dunno :)

And I'm sorry I meant to say we'd be watching it 9/19 FRIDAY - my bad - I'm just full of mistakes today!! ;)

KateyMcButterpants
09-08-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight

If you move down towards Condor flats, where the path branches either to the right to Condor Flats or to the left towards Bugs Land, there is some decent viewing. If you get there about 20 minutes beofore the parade is scheduled, you'll have some ground to sit on. After that, there's good standing viewing. There's no real way to sit in seats and see it unless you eat dinner at Golden Vineyard.

It's a long parade. 15? 20 minutes?

There is also a preferred seating option on the patio at Golden Vineyard. There are tables set up and the package includes a picnic of fruits, bread and cheeses and drinks (including wine.)

miss bianca
09-08-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by KateyMcButterpants
There is also a preferred seating option on the patio at Golden Vineyard. There are tables set up and the package includes a picnic of fruits, bread and cheeses and drinks (including wine.)

I do know about that thanks, its just a little too expensive for this trip :crying:

hbquikcomjamesl
09-08-2003, 07:49 AM
My own favorite viewing spot for The Parade is right in front of the Sunshine Plaza wave fountain, on the Hollywood Backlot side, right next to the parade gate.

TruCinderella
09-08-2003, 11:22 AM
from working the parade a full week straight, my absolute fave place to watch it is by play house disney-right where the parade first comes out. I cant gage if thats the best play to view it, but it certainly was great to work there since the crowds were less over in that corner.
the worst absolute worst was over by golden dreams, thats where it gets overly crowded and people get very upset because they are trying to leave and are being sent around the parade

my suggestion- sit some where near where the parade first comes out (i would say close to the play house disney chains) once the end of the parade walks by you are ok to follow along behind it to follow it out. again this area seemed to be the best less crowds, and since its back in a corner everyone sits and really watches the parade- you dont have a bunch of people walking around

TruCinderella
09-08-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by KateyMcButterpants

theres also VIP seating back where the parade first comes out- nothing big they just set chairs out for your group behind chains and theres normally a CM over there kinda looking out for ya.
Im not sure on the details but im sure if you called some kind of customer service youd be in luck