PDA

View Full Version : ABC Press Junket Weekend

merlinjones
09-07-2003, 07:19 PM
So absolutely nobody is talking about the ABC press weekend at DCA. Was it a big flop, or what?

Rallymonkey23
09-07-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by merlinjones
So absolutely nobody is talking about the ABC press weekend at DCA. Was it a big flop, or what?

I don't know if it flopped this year. But last year it seemed to bring in the people. I did not go this year because they didn't have 'Who's Line Is It Anyways?' :mad:

That was a blast!

I have two words for those who went last year: Slot Machine :fez:

mousey_girl
09-07-2003, 07:38 PM
I don't think it was a flop. At 1pm the return time for FP for GRR was 3:55 and for Soarin' it was 6:05. Very crowded and very hot. The thing I found interesting was all of the Guest Relation CMs walking people around the park. I didn't see a single recognizable face, so it was either behind the scenes people or families of "stars".

Most of the staff at GCH were on their toes too, lots and lots of activity.

Alex S.
09-07-2003, 07:56 PM
We'll have an article about it on Tuesday and some stuff about it in tomorrow's Park Update.

Darkbeer
09-07-2003, 09:36 PM
Excuse me Mousey_girl, I was at DCA today, and at 4:09 PM (based on the time stamp on my FP), I got a return time of 4:45 PM to 5:45 PM for California Screamin'. Now at 5:45 PM Screamin' was down due to mechanical issues.. but why did you need to lie about the return times, Mousey_girl:confused:

Lani
09-07-2003, 09:45 PM
Darkbeer, please don't be so quick to accuse Mousey_girl of lying. What she doesn't specify is that she may very well have gone yesterday, on Saturday. [And based on some feedback from both AVP and Shoshana, it was hot and crowded on Saturday.]

Either way, please tone it down with the fingerpointing. There's no need for that. Thanks.

mkyears
09-07-2003, 09:48 PM
I was at DCA on saturday limos and cars were parked in between the parks to create eye candy it seems for the media and guests. We got in there around 1:30 and it seemed actually abnormally crowded. At the time of the stars parade I was barely able to move because of all the people. I went into the screening area to see the screening for 10/8 and Threat Matrix. That was a little long but it was air conditioning and I liked it. The kids really seemed to like the radio disney area which makes me wonder why the company doesn't expand on that more for the kids. It was pretty cool if your a real big abc fan I didn't know that many of the shows but I still enjoyed myself.
On another note Disneyland seemed fairly light in crowds most likely due to the Big Thunder incident and summer coming to a close. Also the cast members seemed to be extra joyful in most places which I really enjoyed there great effort after such a sad incident. Also Maynard rules saw him at Haunted Mansion

BornieoTheLoveBug
09-07-2003, 11:34 PM
I was there both days.
Saw the parade of TV Stars - everyone was happy and waving.
Lelo and Stich were spoted.
Sat. There was a parashoot jump that landed near the entrance of DCA.
Saw 1st Episode of "It's all Relative" and it's funny but I'll get canned within a few weeks for sure. (Any bets?)
All the stars were cool and I saw many walking the park taking pictures with guests and signing autographs.
Sat. the lined everyone up on the Blvd while the "Stars" walked into the party that was held in the Back lot area.
Someone passed Jim Belushi a bill.
Muppets were closed :(
Sun. Screamer got stuck.
Sun. DL looked deserted.
Paid my respects at BTM.

mousey_girl
09-08-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Excuse me Mousey_girl, I was at DCA today, and at 4:09 PM (based on the time stamp on my FP), I got a return time of 4:45 PM to 5:45 PM for California Screamin'. Now at 5:45 PM Screamin' was down due to mechanical issues.. but why did you need to lie about the return times, Mousey_girl:confused:

Ok, my hot button was pressed big time.

A) I DO NOT lie.

B) You don't know me, so please don't accuse me of anything!

C) We never went near Screaming, because it was too crowded.

D) We went to the parks on Saturday, not Sunday.

E) Since I hate to be accused of something I didn't do, I am willing to offer up both of the UNUSED FP's since by the time they came due we were already on the freeway.

F) Next time you want to question something I have said please either do it politely or don't do it at all.