PDA

View Full Version : Sam Rubin likes Millionaire woman emcee

tod
09-07-2003, 04:43 PM
The other day on the KTLA Morning News the subject of DCA came up and Sam Rubin said "That women who emcees the Millionaire show is really good."

Unfortunately, he probably didn't know that there were two didn't say which woman it was -- but either Elyse(sp?) or Ellen (or maybe somebody else?) should be proud.

--T
eligible again this weekend.
:fez:

KarenW2
09-07-2003, 09:19 PM
Don't forget the other female host of Play It! Her name is Christy and she has a lot of mannerisms very much like Ellen.

In fact, we thought they might be sisters or related somehow when we first saw her. We asked a CM and she said that THEY used to think the same thing too! But she said they found out they aren't related at all.

Wonder which one he meant! :confused:

coaster53
09-07-2003, 10:21 PM
I am not a fan of the female hosts. I think the girls are a tad bit annoying. I have tired to figure out why I like the male hosts more. I think it is that they seem more relaxed with hosting the show. The women always seem like they are working very hard. They scream, make exagerated faces, and just don't seem very real. I have noticed the boys tend to be a little more on top of things and a little more quick witted. Then again I don't like Sam Rubin, so it might be a matter of taste.

tod
09-08-2003, 04:53 PM
I think the women as good at being hosts as the men, if not better.

Elyse has an excellent control of the crowd (Watch her do the "ooh, ah, oh" bit sometime) and is remarkably sensitive to contestants. I'm thinking she has improv somewhere in her background. My wife says Elyse practically read her mind when she worked with her. (And she was very consoling and reassuring when I dumped out at 300 points on a misspeak.)

Ellen can banter well, making the guest look good. She does tend to fall back on the same lines, but she delivers them well. And she's very sweet. When she hosted and I got up to 500,000 points the other day, she told me it was fun working with me. That touched me.

I don't remember seeing Christy.

Ken is kinda the disc-jockey type, all big voice and isn't this fun, with a slight self-deprecating air. It works.

Mark seems to be channelling Norm MacDonald, which doesn't work as well in the Disney environment. I like him, and look forward to him finding his own voice.

Who else is there?

--T
:fez:

millionairegirl
09-08-2003, 07:25 PM
Is Christy the one who looks like she could be Belle or Ariel in her spare time? There is one female host who is almost too pretty to be a host, and that must be her. I've only seen 3 female hosts. I like Elyce better than Ellen; Elyce cracks me up!

Ken is by far my favorite. He actually seems to have a sense of intelligence to him, and he's pretty funny too. Why does Mark sound like he has a lisp now? I wonder if he got braces..... I don't know the name of the older guy, but he was OK. A little too much for me.

Actually, I like any of them who doesn't waste question asking time!

TDBearGrrl
09-08-2003, 07:45 PM
Elyce is by far the best!

I cannot even remember the name of the guy that was there this AM - actually PM - it was the noon show! - but he bugs me.

DD

dingdong2U
09-08-2003, 08:16 PM
My favorite male/female hosts still remain Ken and Ellen.

Ken seems to use alot of the same jokes over and over again but his ability to ad-lib any situation that may come up is amazing. Something might happen in the audience and immediately he'll be able to react to it with a comment on a moments notice.

I had the opportunity to talk to Ken when I was a carryover player at the 4:00pm show last Friday between the "camera check" and the "host introduction" spiels and found him to be very professional.

Ellen has always been very hospitable and friendly and really goes out of her way to make me feel comfortable when I've been in the hot seat.

Elyse and Marc were MC's for the Casting Call/Reality Check shows this past weekend for the Primetime Preview Weekend.

I haven't seen Kristie or Jordan though for the longest time. Are they still hosting shows or are they on vacation?

--- Mike

KarenW2
09-08-2003, 11:07 PM
Let's see, there's Elise, Ellen, Christy, Mark, Ken, Jordan, the younger guy who's name is escaping me at the moment (David maybe? We were there once and his mom was in the audience watching him!) and then there's... Gary!

He is our least favorite host of all, he's older, not funny, tho it seems like HE thinks he is and he just doesn't do as well as the others. He seems to be trying to hard to make a signature thing for himself, doing the "Can I get an ooh, ahh"? He reminds us of a used car salesman, very smarmy!

Elise and Ellen are our favorite female hosts and Mark and Ken are our favorite male hosts. We went to see Mark do his Comedy Sportz thing in LA a couple weeks ago and it was a lot of fun.

motoxmagicdca
11-10-2003, 02:00 PM
hosts are as follow

marc **
elyse **
ellen **
kelly ??(but shes the mervens open open open lady)
ken **
gary??
david
chirstie ??
Jordan(i dont think hes comming back though)

**= the usual host

[Mod. note: Last names of Cast Members removed. Please do not post Cast Member last names unless Disney has already made that information public. -- Andrew]

Andrew
11-10-2003, 02:57 PM
Moderator's note:

Please do not post Cast Member last names unless Disney makes that information public. For example, the Aladdin cast's names are listed in the playbook. The Millionaire hosts' last names are not, to our knowledge, made public by Disney.

This is to protect Cast Members' privacy. Thank you.

creeptown
11-18-2003, 10:06 PM
For the record, the Millionaire hosts are introduced by name at the beginning of the show. It's a good show. Check it out sometime.