PDA

View Full Version : Just got home from Disney after spending 4 days there

masilly1
09-06-2003, 07:12 PM
We were supposed to stay through today, but after what happened on BTMRR yesterday, I coudn't do it.

My husband, daughter (she's 6), nephew (he's 5) and I rode this not more than 5 minutes before this accident occured and we were seated in rows 1 and 2.
We are in the Central Valley area of CA and just arrived home a few minutes ago. I am still shaking and still in shock.

When we got off the ride we stropped at the ice cream cart right around the corner from the exit (across from where the Mark Twain docks) and got some ice creams for the kids. My daughter decided to bite the bottom of her ice cream stick and plopped the whole thing in her lap. Because I was cleaning her off, I didn't notice the group of employees come running by us that my husband did. He wondered what had happened. He was getting ready to go find out when our inlaws walked up said "lets go...there is only a 5 minute wait on Indy" We were so excited that there was such a short wait for Indy, that we took off running and never found out what had happened.
10 minutes later my oldest son radioed us and asked us what happened in Frontier Land because he was unable to get into it due to it being roped off. We told him there was probably a threat of some kind and to meet up with us outside of Indy so we could head off to DCA.

We found out what happed about a hour later when my frantic sister in law (we took her son...my nephew with us on vacation) called us on our cell phone asking if we were all okay because she was just getting breaking news on CNN that there had been a death at Disney

I STILL can't stop thinking about the fact that my daughter and I were in the first row not more than 5 minutes before the accident occured. Not to mention the fact that my husband and nephew were right behind us in row 2.
This tragedy is REALLY haunting me
Enough that our family packed up and came home a day early

I am deeply saddened for all of those involved in the accident and thankful that it didn't happen a few train rides sooner

:crying: :crying: :crying:

MonorailMan
09-06-2003, 09:06 PM
Wow. Close.

However, I still hope you had a good 3 day there. Disney Magic is strong. ;)