PDA

View Full Version : Magic Mornings as Hotel Guest- better to enter via main gate, or Monorail?

Hombre
08-03-2013, 08:56 AM
My family will be staying @ Disneyland Hotel Aug 28-31. Greatly looking forward to it!

My question- to best utilize our Magic Mornings in DL (i.e. to enjoy as many attractions as possible)- are we smarter to join the queue at the Main Gates, or would we be better off entering via the monorail from Downtown Disney? We don't mind the "extra" walk, if the Main Gates will get us in faster- but I've also heard it argued that the AM lines at the Downtown Disney monorail station are much shorter. Any opinions?

Similarly, for our Magic Morning in DCA- should we use the GC entrance, or the Main Gates? Again, I've seen opinions both ways- since my first stop would likely be at the WOC Fastpass distribution area, that would seem to favor the GC entrance. But I've also read some GC reviews where hotel guests were very unhappy that the entrance is only staffed with one or two Cast Members, and they felt they would have been better off walking to the Main Gates. Again, any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Carabear930
08-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Don't have the experience but I asked about the main gate vs. GC gate awhile back. I was told the main gate is usually faster. You are closer to WOC fast pass if you go through GC gate, but it may take you longer to get in. There should be plenty of WOC FP available at that time though. If you want to get Radiator Springs Racers FP or get in line for the ride you are probably better off going main gate. Not sure about the Monorail entrance. Is it open for Magic Mornings Early Entrance?

Malcon10t
08-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Monorail isn't always running first thing in the morning, add to that the line can be long and you might waste 10-15 mins waiting on the train. We always use the front/main gates for EE. Much faster.

ETA - Fastpasses aren't available during Magic Morning/Early Entry. And again, we use the main gate as it was much faster than waiting on the single gate to process everyone.