PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort relaxes hosiery requirements for some female CMs

AVP
07-30-2013, 01:45 PM
In what I have to assume is another One Disney change, the Disneyland Resort just published new hosiery guidelines for costumed female CMs. (You may remember that the hosiery requirement was dropped for most business-dress CMs a while ago). There are a still quite a few locations where hosiery is still required because of the specific costume, but it looks like locations where skin-tone pantyhose were previously required have dropped that rule. Here's an overview, but if you're a CM check with your manager for a new Disney Look guideline - don't take this as the final word:

Hosiery still required:

Disneyland Park

Blue Bayou
Café Orleans
Club 33
Golden Horseshoe Saloon
Guest Relations Tour Guide & VIP Hostess
Haunted Mansion
Main Street Opera House
Main Street Baby Care Center
Main Street Stores
New Orleans Square Quick Service
New Orleans Square Merchandise

*New* Hosiery optional

Disneyland Park

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Big Thunder Ranch Cashier, Hostess & Server
Carnation Café Door Captain, Hostess & Server
Character Attendant - Brave
Critter Country Foods
Critter Country Merchandise
Fantasyland Foods
Fantasyland Merchandise
Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor
Jolly Holiday Bakery
Main Street Cone Shop
Main Street Fruit Cart
Plaza Inn Hostess & Server
Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante
Refreshment Corner
River Belle Terrace
Stage Door Café

Disney California Adventure Park

Buena Vista Street Merchandise
The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel's Undersea Adventure
Tower of Terror Merchandise

Malcon10t
07-30-2013, 07:01 PM
VIP guides on tour who opt to use the new summer uniform (also known as the "Cruise ship" look) get to skip the nylons and wear ankle socks and white sneakers.

AVP
07-30-2013, 07:10 PM
VIP guides on tour who opt to use the new summer uniform (also known as the "Cruise ship" look) get to skip the nylons and wear ankle socks and white sneakers.For these purposes, hosiery just means socks. The Guest Relations Tour Guide & VIP Hostess position still has a requirement to wear hosiery (which would mean ankle socks in the summer costume), but Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique can skip the nylons. I was surprised to see Character Attendant - Brave on the list - I'm not sure why letting them skip the kilt hose if they still have to wear the kilt, but maybe that costume has changed since last I looked. If not, how the heck are they attaching the flashes?!?

AVP

ChipmunkStar
07-31-2013, 06:32 AM
The female Brave hostesses don't wear flashes, only the males do. This probably won't be affecting them.

AVP
07-31-2013, 06:57 AM
The female Brave hostesses don't wear flashes, only the males do. This probably won't be affecting them.Ah, thank you!

AVP