PDA

View Full Version : Yay! New Park CDs!

olegc
07-30-2013, 10:56 AM
wow - since the 50th.
posted on disney parks blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/07/new-official-music-albums-releasing-at-disney-parks-on-august-20-2013/)

olegc
07-30-2013, 11:30 AM
ok, so I stand corrected. The last Park CD apparently came out in 2008. Still....

cstephens
07-30-2013, 11:30 AM
But not the music from Soundsational or Magical. Blech.

I can't remember if World of Color has been put on a CD yet. I don't think so, but I could have just forgotten.

AVP
07-30-2013, 11:44 AM
FINALLY! They haven't released one since 2008, and it's LONG overdue.

JunJunM3
07-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Well, the albums won't have any of the big entertainment/spectaculars from the Parks. Why not release a "Summer Nightastic" or "Disney Parks Spectaculars" album that has all the shows/parades from Fantasmic (DLR, WDW, and Tokyo versions), World of Color, Soundsational, Magical, 4th of July Fireworks, Mad T Party, Wishes, MSEP, and others. I'm sure it will sell.

olegc
07-30-2013, 12:46 PM
But not the music from Soundsational or Magical. Blech.

I can't remember if World of Color has been put on a CD yet. I don't think so, but I could have just forgotten.

I agree. They usually put one show or parade on the disneyland portion. I wonder if it had to do with licensing of the music again. Who knows... I have looked for a true source copy of soundsational for a while and I think I found one but you never know. You'd think Magical would make it.

No - I do not think WoC ever came out on CD. It probably has the same issues with licensing the music.

LauraTD
07-30-2013, 08:11 PM
C, it isn't a cd, but the Window to the magic podcast has a couple of episodes with the music from WOC. If your interested I can check when I get home and let you know which episode has the best recording. They use humoral so their sound is pretty good. Of course you get crowd noise sometimes but most people are pretty quiet during WOC.

cstephens
07-30-2013, 09:52 PM
C, it isn't a cd, but the Window to the magic podcast has a couple of episodes with the music from WOC. If your interested I can check when I get home and let you know which episode has the best recording.

Thanks, but please don't go to the trouble. I just don't get why they won't put it on a CD. It's really Soundsational that I want, although I do like the WoC music.

spectromen
07-31-2013, 07:59 AM
I'll be posting a comment on that blog about my feelings at the lack of parade/show tunes. It's just ridiculous - they're not new at this.

Disneyphile
07-31-2013, 01:29 PM
Ooooh! Can't wait to get it. :)

houseofmouse
08-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Wait..why would Disney have issues with licensing their OWN music for a CD? I am confused by that.

There isn't a ton of new music on the CD's to make me want to run out and buy them. WOC and Magical would be great to have on it.

olegc
08-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Wait..why would Disney have issues with licensing their OWN music for a CD? I am confused by that.

There isn't a ton of new music on the CD's to make me want to run out and buy them. WOC and Magical would be great to have on it.

in the past there was a problem (allegedly) with shared licensing and getting approvals to put music onto CDs. Danny Elfman's music from Nb4C comes to mind. I mean its something I threw out there as a maybe - since they probably won't say for sure why the parade or firework music gets on there.

I know WDW a long time ago created a Shows/Parades/Fireworks type CD that had a wide variety of the music on one CD.

Bottom line is they really should be putting a few new things on the CDs, but also some older repeats as well because they will ALWAYS have new fans who discover the CD and want the classic soundtracks, ridethroughs, etc.

oregontraveler
08-01-2013, 10:24 AM

That is one my burning questions I've had for the longest time. Is it a issue with the unions?

cheshirecatgirl
08-09-2013, 10:39 PM
I really wish they had a cd for the Soundsational parade. I love that music!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Will this only be available at the parks?

disneyobsessed
08-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Will this only be available at the parks?

Apparently not:
http://www.amazon.com/Disneyland-Resort-Official-Album/dp/B00EDMZOFC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1376237075&sr=8-3&keywords=disneyland+resort+official+album

megzrg
08-23-2013, 07:39 AM
I got my CD last night, but it is not really a CD. I could only find it in an MP3 version through Amazon, so maybe I was too tired and missed something or maybe the physical CD version will only be available in the park.

But, can anyone tell me why Snow White's Scary Adventures was not included in the Fantasyland Dark Ride Suite? Isn't it considered a "dark ride"?

Gone2Disneyland
08-27-2013, 08:51 AM
I got my CD last night, but it is not really a CD. I could only find it in an MP3 version through Amazon, so maybe I was too tired and missed something or maybe the physical CD version will only be available in the park.

I searched Amazon and could only find this offered as mp3s only as well. I'm speculating here, but in the past few years, Disney has been moving away from releasing soundtracks on CD and only as mp3s on Amazon and iTunes. The soundtrack to Toy Story 3 was the first time I noticed no CD was offered. Up didn't get one either. Luckily, I learned that an independent label, Intrada, was getting licenses to release Up on CD. I've since picked up 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and this summer The Lone Ranger, which was also mp3 only originally, from them on CD. I believe it all has to do with economics; less folks are buying their music on hard media and offering them only as digital downloads is clearly less expensive on Disney's side to do. I'm in my forties, been collecting soundtracks for decades, and will always prefer CDs over downloads. But downloads are the future of music.

Now I assume the parks will have CDs of this to sell, not mp3s. But I wouldn't be surprised if they plan to offer the CDs exclusively inside the parks because they think they'll save a bit of coin by not having to produce an additional quantity to warehouse, inventory and ship to satisfy outside retailers like Amazon. Again, just my opinion and speculation.

Here's the link (http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.15340/.f) to Intrada's catalog of Disney titles which include CDs of Disney titles produced by them among the rest. Personally I'm grateful there are companies like Intrada catering to (apparently) diminishing markets like we CD collectors.

megzrg
08-28-2013, 03:14 AM
I searched Amazon and could only find this offered as mp3s only as well. I'm speculating here, but in the past few years, Disney has been moving away from releasing soundtracks on CD and only as mp3s on Amazon and iTunes. The soundtrack to Toy Story 3 was the first time I noticed no CD was offered. Up didn't get one either. Luckily, I learned that an independent label, Intrada, was getting licenses to release Up on CD. I've since picked up 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and this summer The Lone Ranger, which was also mp3 only originally, from them on CD. I believe it all has to do with economics; less folks are buying their music on hard media and offering them only as digital downloads is clearly less expensive on Disney's side to do. I'm in my forties, been collecting soundtracks for decades, and will always prefer CDs over downloads. But downloads are the future of music.

Now I assume the parks will have CDs of this to sell, not mp3s. But I wouldn't be surprised if they plan to offer the CDs exclusively inside the parks because they think they'll save a bit of coin by not having to produce an additional quantity to warehouse, inventory and ship to satisfy outside retailers like Amazon. Again, just my opinion and speculation.

Here's the link (http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.15340/.f) to Intrada's catalog of Disney titles which include CDs of Disney titles produced by them among the rest. Personally I'm grateful there are companies like Intrada catering to (apparently) diminishing markets like we CD collectors.

Speaking from a business mind, going to an MP3 for their music would completely make sense. You still get the money for the music and you don't have the cost of making the physical vessel and the shipping to get it to your fans.

The MP3 actually ended up working out better than I planned. I wanted the physical CD mainly to play in the car and on my laptop when I was working. I found that you can download your cloud player with all the music you have ever bought through Amazon to your comp, so I have been able to listen to my CD that way. I ill just have to deal with plugging my phone into my car stereo to listen to it in the car, thanks for the info on that company though, I may have to try them for something else.

Overall, I do love this CD. The new tracks are really nice additions and there is extra time added to some of tracks that were on the 50th Anniversary CD. But, I am still confused about absence of Snow White from the dark ride suite.

Gone2Disneyland
08-28-2013, 08:16 AM
Overall, I do love this CD. The new tracks are really nice additions and there is extra time added to some of tracks that were on the 50th Anniversary CD. But, I am still confused about absence of Snow White from the dark ride suite.

Well, after reading that, you enticed me to go pull out my CDs of the past four Disneyland Official Album collections. I knew the Fantasyland medley first appeared on the six-disc 50th anniversary boxed set and had been carried over to collections since then. But not being a big fan of that track, I thought maybe the Snow White music had appeared in an earlier release of the medley and perhaps was edited out and music from a new ride was edited in to further offer variation among the collections.

From scrutinizing the credits in every set, it turns out Snow White music was never included in the medley. Altho' I did find it incorrectly credited inside the book that came with the 6-disc boxed set. An inset paragraph in the Fantasyland chapter of the book claims music from Snow White's Scary Adventures is in the medley. But earlier in the book where it lists the music credits for each song on the CDs, it's the exact same set of songs/movies that's been in every release of the Fantasyland Darkride Suite. There's a full page article discussing the history of the Snow White attraction in the book, so perhaps it was planned to include its music at one time. There's a full page article discussing the history of the Snow White attraction in the book, so perhaps it was planned to include its music at one time but it never panned out.

I appreciate you pointing the omission out tho'. I enjoy some of the other tracks on these collections more and never spent much attention to this track. Now I know!

kelbelle
09-14-2013, 08:42 AM
I really wish they had a cd for the Soundsational parade. I love that music!

It's on YouTube, look for Disney Park Audio Soundsational. If you google "youtube to mp3" you can find programs that will put it in mp3 format that can then go onto your ipod. I've used a couple of those in the past, they're easy and work great!
Good luck!