PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stayed at Embassy Suites Buena Park?

siamese1975
09-06-2003, 07:26 AM
We are coming to Disney next June and have reservations at Embassy Suites Buena Park, can anyone tell me their experience? We have previously always stayed at Hathorn Suites Orange (formally Washington Suites) but unfortuneatly I've already had a bad experience with them. I tried to make an online reservation (for a rate that apparently doesn't exist when you try to book), and I've put in an online reservation request where the hotel will get in contact with you to discuss rates and availability? It's been about 2 months and nobody has called.....they won't return email and I have even called the "reservation manager" and he won't return any calls? I would have recommended this hotel before but certainly not now!!!

Lani
09-06-2003, 11:32 AM
Hmm... Buena Park is a good 7 miles from the Disneyland vicinity. It's where you would want to stay if you were planning on spending time at Knott's Berry Farm. There are no easy ways to get from Buena Park to Disneyland other than a car, and even then it's a bit of a drive.

Is there a reason you chose not to stay in one of the hotels or motels in the adjacent community of Disneyland?

MickeyandMe
09-06-2003, 11:49 AM
The Embassy Suites Buena Park does have their own shuttle to Disneyland - but apparently you have to schedule with them when you want to be picked up at Disneyland to return back to the hotel. I just had a client stay there about 3-4 weeks ago and this caused a minor problem on the first day, but after that they figured out the system and it worked okay for them.

She did not give me an A+ review on this hotel, but she said there was nothing specifically wrong with it. She did clarify that she was expecting to stay at a nicer place, and this was just fairly average. She said it just looked like a property that Embassy took over, not something they would have built themselves, so maybe not up to the same standards as most Embassys.

Personally, I have always had good experiences at Embassy Suites, and the hot breakfast daily is a big plus, plus the extra space. But I do agree with the previous message that you should be able to find something comparable a lot closer.

EandCDad
09-06-2003, 12:17 PM
I stayed there for business a few times, but it was a LONG time ago (maybe 10 years). I do remember it being a bit older and not as nice as say the Embassy in Irvine. That said, I've never stayed in a really bad Embassy (well, there was one in Phoenix that was kinda mediocre.)

However, as has been stated here, although the website says "Disneyland" in the name of this property, it's not particularly close to the Park.

MouseWife
09-06-2003, 05:58 PM
The Buena Park one is really a distance. If you are driving, like we have, you will most likely get caught up in the morning traffic. And, if you have to wait for a shuttle that could take some time.

The ES in Garden Grove is much closer, almost new, and the shuttle {last I was there} has a schedule that is great and they had a bus. Fit a lot more people.

The ES in Buena Park is very nice if you are going to Knott's. But, now, actually, we have become accoustomed to staying at the Radisson as it is with in walking distance.

Good luck with what you do. And, I would think that during that time of the year you shouldn't have too much trouble finding something else. You might want to search some more but keep the first reservation until you do. Just keep in mind the cancellation policy that you agreed to.

And, have a great trip!

siamese1975
09-06-2003, 08:36 PM
thanks to everyone for answering, I actually like to stay out of the close vicinity to Disneyland. It's just my dad and myself....no kids and we always rent a car and love to drive around. I got a really great deal at ES Buena Park and I did check the ones closer to Disney and there were quite a bit more in cost. I'm looking forward to staying at ES because I've never stayed there before and they seem to have a reputation that preceeds them :)

MouseWife
09-06-2003, 09:34 PM
Well then. :D

This is the first ES I ever stayed in and I was impressed. It has a very Spanish feel to it {from what I remember} as it reminds me of a place we stayed at in Mexico. I like that a lot.

It doesn't have a lot of levels and the people are nice, too. Parking~ you can park all around the perimeter but it is nice to get lucky and park next to a gate that lets you in right outside the courtyard and maybe one of the elevators {they are located right outside of the lobby towards the courtyard and the other is on the backside}. Good luck getting a room not too far from one. Well, we like to be close because we have a lot of schtuff with the kids.

Nearby is, of course, Knott's Berry Farm which I think is great. Ripley's Believe It or Not is close by as well as a Wax Museum. There are a lot of eateries, fast food as well as a Black Angus and I believe a Red Lobster. If you like fried chicken, you could try the fried chicken at Knott's. You can park right outside the restaurant or in their shoppers lot and I believe you get 3 hours free with validation {check this out, I might be wrong, someone help me with that one!}.

There is also a Medieval Times next door {practically} as well as a Wild Bill's place. Okay, it may not be called that but a western type dinner place and the hotel can surely help you if you are interested. If you have AAA I believe you can get discounts for them.

Also, try the Aneheim/Orange County Visitors Bureau site. They MIGHT have discount information.

Have fun!