PDA

View Full Version : Most Embarrassing Moments at DL

Disneyphile
09-06-2003, 12:08 AM
Has anyone had any embarrassing moments at DL?

Come on and dish it!!!;)

We can start with mine: I once walked into the men's restroom at the M&F parking structure. (It was REALLY late and I was REALLY tired. :p) Thankfully no one was in there at the time, but some folks looked at me really confused when I walked out. :D

Captain Josh
09-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Plenty, I assure you.

Let's start with DCA.

Frankly, I think it's pretty darn hard to tell the difference between the men's and woman's restrooms in Hollywood Pictures Backlot (near Hollywood and Dine), especially in a hurry. All I could tell at that time, was that I walked into spacious, clean restroom, with no urinals, luckily no one else was there, except a female custodian, who so helpfully informed me, and made me feel like a dolt.

Moving on to Disneyland...

...I had a good reason to be acting like a dolt this day, it was my first date with my now ex-girlfriend. Basically, the entire time in line, I'd been leaning on the railing. NOT climbing or sitting, just resting against them. Then, once I we got to the HM, right before entering, where the lines merge into one, I leaned against where I THOUGHT a rail would logically be, but since the line was now ONE, instead of two, I leaned against air, and just looked really dumb. I would go on to repeat this on Mr. Toad, for some reason and the Tea Cups...

Ghoulish Delight
09-06-2003, 05:10 PM
Hrmm, let's see. I must have been about 15, at Disneyland with one of my buddies. The evening parade was about to start and we were all set to take advantage of the line shirinkage that would result. It was close to starting time and we wanted to get wherever we were going quickly. So we were, um, briskly jogging down the center of Main Street towards tomorrowland. We got to the end of Main Street where they had set up ropes across the street at the foot crossing point. This is where I should note that it was late summer, this was the evening parade, so light was fading. It was that tricky dusk light that plays havok with depth perception. That being said, as I trotted along the street, I though surely I could make the jump over the rope! Well, surely not. I don't think I was even close. The rope caught me about half way up the shin and I took a dive. No harm done, I just rolled with it. But the hundreds of people already lined up for the parade got a good laugh out of it. I felt obliged to take a bow and move on. :rolleyes:

sleepyjeff
09-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
But the hundreds of people already lined up for the parade got a good laugh out of it. I felt obliged to take a bow and move on. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah....been there, done that....more times than I will freely admit:fez:

Mod Note: Excessive quoting deleted. Adirenne K

SacTown Chronic
09-06-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
But the hundreds of people already lined up for the parade got a good laugh out of it. I felt obliged to take a bow and move on. :rolleyes:

How come I never get to see cool stuff like that? I'd still be giggling.

Mod Note: Excessive quoting deleted. Adrienne K

Captain Josh
09-06-2003, 05:47 PM
Speaking of embarrassing myself with my girlfriend, on that same day, it was really crowded. So, in the Indy queue, for some reason there was a CM roping off the line at the end of the darkened theater room, before the office room. We were right at the front, behind the rope, when for some reason, My girlfriend and I were locked in what seemed like a very long liplock kiss. I opened my eyes, to see the CM shining his flashlight in the dark room, in my general direction...

...I'm not sure if he was inspecting the queue, or checking us out, but at that moment, I just kinda gave a "thumbs up", while still kissing her, and eyeing the CM with my one open eye.

...man, that was weird.

DisneyDustin22
09-07-2003, 11:05 AM
an embarassing moment, not for me, but for a few guests strolling through the park...my girlfriend and i were enjoying a late snack in new orleans square awaiting the start of Believe. There were about 30 people or so sitting at tables around us enjoying the warm summer night...right as the show was about to start, (during the intro speech) an african american family was walking towards pirates, oblivious to the start of the fireworks. THere was a father a mother and 4 kids, looked like ages 9-16 or so. Anyway, they are walking by everyone just as the fireworks begin to shoot off. Suddenly, the three boys of the family, hit the ground like a war was starting. Everyone at the tables were mostly white, and everyone gave a look like "Should we laugh at that?" Meanwhile, the father had to take a seat on the planter because he was laughing so hard. ONce everyone saw this, the whole area shared in the laugh. Just goes to show that the spirit of south central still lives on at the happiest place on earth! By the way, once the boys figured out it was only fireworks and not gunfire or something, with an embarassed look, they shared in the laughter.

Klutch
09-07-2003, 02:17 PM
One hot, summer, 1970s day back in "da Grove", I was at the sitter's house with my brother and neighborhood friends. We were carousing about in the front yard and running through the sprinkler while, basically, acting like idiots. I had removed my shirt and shoes which left only my brown Toughskins with holes worn in the knees (they weren't *that* tough).

Suddenly, the sitter came out of the house and said she needs to run an errand right away. She rounded up my brother, her son, and me and we piled into the back of her late '60s Cadillac (seatbelts?). Imagine my horror when she wheeled the Cadillac into the parking lot of the Disneyland Hotel! :eek:

After parking, she herded us out of the car and up to the base of the Monorail platform and told us to wait there until she got back. To this day I have no idea what business the sitter had at the Disneyland Hotel. I do know that I stood at the base of the Monorail platform simply mortified. As hard as it may be for youngsters to believe, people still somewhat dressed up to go to Disneyland back then.

So, as hundreds of fairly well dressed hotel guests climbed the stairs to the Monorail platform, they each gazed at the shoeless, shirtless, street urchin standing with a stupified look on his face (that would be me). I don't know exactly how long the sitter was away, but to my young mind, it was several hours.

I was traumatized. :( In fact, it still makes me mad as I think about it now. "Hey, sitter. What *were* you thinking? Ayyeeeeeeee..."

tod
09-07-2003, 06:58 PM
It was probably the time I was all the way up Main Street and closing in on the Plaza when I realized I was naked.

I woke up in a cold sweat.

--T
:fez: