PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody going to DL tomorrow? (9-6)

keschy
09-05-2003, 09:59 PM
I was planning on it but now I am wondering what it will be like right after the accident. It is so sad.Has anybody been there the day after a similar incident? I'm wondering what the 'energy' is like at the park, and will alot of things be closed? Maybe the whole park would be sad since it is so soon after the accident. What do you think?

HBTiggerFan
09-05-2003, 10:03 PM
I don't think the park will be sad, CMs will be told to keep up the "happymosphere" (my word).

I couldn't even begin to gues what will be closed, other than BTMRR.

Darkbeer
09-05-2003, 10:17 PM
My guess would be that both the BMRR, and the Trail behind the attraction will be closed. This will allow easy access for the inspectors, and wouldn't be visable to the general public.

Also, Splash and Space Mountain will remain closed, as will Sleeping Beauty's walkthrough. No Moon Rock or Mickey's Detective School. Also, no Jolly Trolley, or Chip 'n Dale's Ball room. No Circlevision or second story of the StarCade.

Also, the DLRR will still only move at a snail's pace around the Rivers due to the track problems.

keschy
09-06-2003, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the replies! I am going to head over there, and I'll just see how it looks once I get there...

Andrew
09-06-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Also, Splash and Space Mountain will remain closed, as will Sleeping Beauty's walkthrough. No Moon Rock or Mickey's Detective School. Also, no Jolly Trolley, or Chip 'n Dale's Ball room. No Circlevision or second story of the StarCade.

Hah. What about the PeopleMover, Submarine Voyage, and Fantasyland Autopia?

mousey_girl
09-06-2003, 06:24 PM
We didn't even try to go near Thunder Mtn Trail today, but the path leading from the Castle was open, and it looked as if Rancho would be open today too.

NOS and CC were a mess. Pirates went 101 around 10:30 and it created a lot of confused and wandering people. Every one ended up at HM. When Pirates finally re-opened around 11:00-11:30 it was still having issues. I send The Boy and The Hubby on without me so I could get some B-day shopping done. I was waiting for them for almost an hour.

There are just too many people-sucking rides down, all at the same time.

What was really sad is some of the things I kept overhearing. I don't know how many people ran past me to get to Space, not aware that it is shuttered. The same for Splash. BTMRR was the worst. People were ticked, even though they knew what had happened. They seemed shocked that it was still closed.

The CM's were all wonderful (as always). Very helpful and chatty. Some of the women I talked to in the "Villians" shop were still trying to figure out exactly what had happened yesterday. It was hot and crowded, but all of the CM's were smiling.

Today was a nice day, but we were back in the car headed home by 4:00.