PDA

View Full Version : New AP hotel discount + World of Color dining offer

AVP
07-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Disneyland has released a new hotel promotion for Annual Passholders. The promotion offers up to a 20% discount most nights August 18, 2013 through September 27, 2013, and includes a free World of Color dining voucher for each member of the reservation, up to 5 people per room. The voucher is valid for one full-service prix fixe meal at Ariel's Grotto, Wine Country Trattoria or Carthay Circle Restaurant. You must book a minimum 2-night stay to get this offer, and check out by September 29, 2013.

Full details on the Annual Passholder website (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/offers-discounts/hotels-discount-for-passholders/)

Adrienne

Pixiedust58
07-22-2013, 01:08 PM
I called to see if I could bring down the cost on a trip I've already got reservations for in August. The *catch* if you want to call it is all of the rooms included are the more pricey ones. That being said, I would have had a better view room at PPH for $117 increase (for a 3 night stay) plus a nice meal for everyone registered in my room; plus the WoC vouchers.

Just a little more info in case someone is considering this offer. It could be a very nice deal if it fits with your plans.

DebT
07-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the information. Our reservation is now $39 less at DLH. The room was upgraded from standard to deluxe. Very excited about lunch reservations. We have never eaten at Carthay Circle. Super cool!

Janis and Aaron
07-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Wow, was I glad to see this! I've been putting off booking a trip for my birthday in the fall, and then this fell into my lap! Same price we were looking at, plus the fancy dinner we wanted to do will now be covered! Since we are checking in w/o the kids and then they are joining us for the 2nd night, it remains to be seen if we'll be able to get 2 WOC dining vouchers or 5. The fine print says that everyone must be present at check-in to get the vouchers, which I totally understand, but I've e-mailed them to see if there is any wiggle room (as I said in the e-mail, I'm willing to bring the kids by the desk on the 2nd day to prove their existence). Either way, this is a great added bonus for our trip!

Escape2Disney
07-22-2013, 10:16 PM
It's saving us almost $300 between the meal vouchers and hotel! We were able to apply it to our existing reservation.

momosuna
07-23-2013, 08:25 AM
is this about the time that they release ap discounts on hotels? We are planning to go next year at the end of August and I thought maybe I should buy aps for our anniversary in june, enjoy the park for one day, and have the discount handy for Paradise pier.

Pixie
07-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Called to change my existing reservation at the DLH for the end of September and we will save $200 plus enjoy the meal vouchers. Thank you so much for the information. We were already looking forward to the Mickey Halloween Party and this makes the trip even better!

Nancy
07-24-2013, 05:54 PM
I just called and had this added to our existing reservations. I love free, especially at Disneyland!! Thank you for the heads up

Carabear930
07-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Janis and Aaron - I was told you get two meal vouchers per AP at check in time, one for AP + guest.

I was able to use this discount for my existing reservation at DLH. We got $200 off our hotel stay + WOC dinner/show. Love it!

Janis and Aaron
07-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Janis and Aaron - I was told you get two meal vouchers per AP at check in time, one for AP + guest.

I was able to use this discount for my existing reservation at DLH. We got $200 off our hotel stay + WOC dinner/show. Love it!

Hmm, we'll have 2 AP holders at check in - wouldn't it be cool if we got 4 passes? I have friends in mind who could join us!
Unfortunately, I got a totally useless response to my e-mail of this question. I mean, so useless that it stated that the promotion had already ended and gave me links to the WOC dining package restaurants so I could book them myself. I don't know whether to bother to call or not.

Carabear930
07-27-2013, 01:10 PM
I would definitely call. I usually don't bother with emails, they tend to be generic and often don't specifically answer your question(s).

I have a question - we have yet to try Carthay Circle. I would LOVE to try it but am wondering how kid friendly it is. I have and 8 and 6 year old who are both very active and kind of picky when it comes to food. Just wondering if it would be a good choice for them. They typically order chicken strips or mac n cheese at restaurants, although if mac n cheese isn't Kraft they tend to not like it.

Malcon10t
07-27-2013, 02:17 PM
I would definitely call. I usually don't bother with emails, they tend to be generic and often don't specifically answer your question(s).

I have a question - we have yet to try Carthay Circle. I would LOVE to try it but am wondering how kid friendly it is. I have and 8 and 6 year old who are both very active and kind of picky when it comes to food. Just wondering if it would be a good choice for them. They typically order chicken strips or mac n cheese at restaurants, although if mac n cheese isn't Kraft they tend to not like it.Here is the kids menu:

Orecchiette Pasta
tossed with your choice of Sauce: Tomato Sauce, Cheese Sauce, or Simply Buttered. $8

"Sloppy Joes"
Fresh Fruit or Fries. $9

Traditional Mini Crispy Tacos with Chicken
Black Beans, Rice, and Grated Cheese. $10

Grilled Petit Filet of Beef
Broccoli and Crispy Macaroni and Cheese. $13

Today's Catch
Smashed Potatoes and Broccoli. $13

Chicken Schnitzel
Butter Spatzle and Garden Fresh Green Beans. $12

It is a sit down meal, with an expected time of 90 mins to 3 hours for a meal. What do you mean by "kid friendly"?

Carabear930
07-28-2013, 07:39 AM
Well the menu for one, thanks for that! Just wondering if my kids are a bit loud and restless, will we get glares from the staff and other guests? Is it aimed more for adults to enjoy themselves without kids bouncing around? I understand this is Disney, so I assume they are going to expect kids, but some things are catered more for adults than children and I was just trying to figure out if this is one of them.

bennette
07-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Well the menu for one, thanks for that! Just wondering if my kids are a bit loud and restless, will we get glares from the staff and other guests? Is it aimed more for adults to enjoy themselves without kids bouncing around? I understand this is Disney, so I assume they are going to expect kids, but some things are catered more for adults than children and I was just trying to figure out if this is one of them.

Children are welcome, as they are most places at Disney but it's a bit of a foodie restaurant and a long meal, as Mal stated. I am afraid you would get a modest lifted eyebrow from me if they were moving around to the point of leaving their seats. I'd probably do that anywhere I saw kids either asked to sit beyond their limits or unsupervised, though. The length of this meal and the inherent excitement/exhaustion cycle of a Disney vacation makes that outcome a little likelier than some restaurants.

The staff sometimes seat obviously louder/restless groups on the patio or in one of the more private rooms so as to give them more space as well as not disturb other guests; they try to accommodate everyone.

You know your kids best and how they will behave. I think some of the kid menu choices are brilliant but if your kids will only eat chicken strips or orange pasta, that could be a problem. If they equate an extra hour at meal time as lost ride time, that could be a problem. Are they regularly tolerating long sit down meals at nicer places now?

Carabear930
07-28-2013, 09:36 AM
Thanks bennette, that is what I was looking for. In general my kids are fine at sit down restaurants with characters because they CAN get up and greet characters and interact with them. However without menus to color or being allowed to get up and roam a little it is usually not the most enjoyable meal. Last time we ate at the Wine Country Trattoria they were a bit bored and squirmy. I think more for my sake so I don't feel like "drill sergeant mom" I try to avoid the less kid friendly kinds of places. I don't want to bother other guests and I want my family AND myself to have a good time.

Malcon10t
07-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Thanks bennette, that is what I was looking for. In general my kids are fine at sit down restaurants with characters because they CAN get up and greet characters and interact with them. However without menus to color or being allowed to get up and roam a little it is usually not the most enjoyable meal. Last time we ate at the Wine Country Trattoria they were a bit bored and squirmy. I think more for my sake so I don't feel like "drill sergeant mom" I try to avoid the less kid friendly kinds of places. I don't want to bother other guests and I want my family AND myself to have a good time.If they couldn't handle Wine Country, I think Carthay would prove to be very hard for them. Thank you for caring about how the other guests are affected. So many just go with "It's Disneyland, they expect kids..."

You can find more here... Parenting in the Parks: Fine Dining With Children at Disney Theme Parks
(http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?188688-Parenting-in-the-Parks-Fine-Dining-With-Children-at-Disney-Theme-Parks)