PDA

View Full Version : When do the Holiday Decorations go up?

mrscoach
09-05-2003, 10:58 AM
We're going to visit the parks November 7-11, and I know that we'll get to see the Holiday Haunted Mansion, but we'll miss Fantasmic. Does anyone know when the whole park is actually decorated, with the big trees and wreaths and stuff? I love that! Anybody who can help me out, thanks. I don't want to promise my 3 and 4 year old boys that they'll be seeing the biggest Christmas trees ever and then not deliver.:)

EandCDad
09-05-2003, 11:09 AM
Last year it was the first week of November, the year before that it was the second, so you should be in good shape.

Darkbeer
09-05-2003, 11:59 AM
The first official day of the celebrations is Friday, November 7th, so you will get it all (except the Holiday Parade, which doesn't start until Thanksgiving week). Some decorations will start showing up earlier in the week, but the large Christmas Tree is placed early morning November 7th before park opening.

dsnylndmom
09-05-2003, 12:00 PM
If I'm not mistaken the holiday decorations are due to be up on the 7th so you'll see it all!(well except for the parade that starts on Tksgvng day) And you'll be there on my son's 5th birthday on the 11th! We were there that time period last year!

Have a great time!

mrscoach
09-07-2003, 08:21 AM
Thanks everybody! :)

TerryTiger
09-11-2003, 10:14 PM
The Christmas decorations were up today on Main Street for filming... They were even making it snow in front of the Opera House at park closing tonight.

keschy
09-16-2003, 08:57 AM
I just wanted to ask if the November 7 date for the decorations is definite-does anyone know? I am moving out of SoCal :( and I changed my move date so I can see the christmas decorations one last time! I will be moving on November 10th or so.

Darkbeer
09-16-2003, 10:02 AM
Yes, the November 7th date is as firm as anything is at Disney....