PDA

View Full Version : Free parking through AAA

poohlover
09-04-2003, 09:09 PM
I bought our 5-day passes today at AAA, which saved us $5.95 per ticket and includes free parking. After I got the tickets home, I looked at them and they make no reference to free parking. When we go to park, do we just show our AAA card or are these ticket's UPC somehow encoded to show we get free parking or WHAT?!

We'll be staying at a hotel near Orange County Airport and driving to DL daily. Any advice on how to approach the parking structures? Is there a tram/shuttle from the parking lot or is it reasonably close to the entrance?

THANKS!!

:cool:

Ghoulish Delight
09-04-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by poohlover
We'll be staying at a hotel near Orange County Airport and driving to DL daily. Any advice on how to approach the parking structures? Is there a tram/shuttle from the parking lot or is it reasonably close to the entrance?

THANKS!!

:cool: Can't help you with the tickets part, but can with directions. You'll want to take the 55N to the 5N. Get off at Harbor (not Katella). Turn right off the offramp (that's Harbor), turn left at the first light once you get over the freeway (Ball). Turn left at the second light (look for the large green signs) and stay leftish (it's well marked). That'll put you directly into the parking structure. There is a very efficient tram that will take you to the entrance plaza. Also, the near end of Downtown Disney is a relatively short walk from the structure if, on any of your days, you feel like starting there.

Hope that helps!

driftwood714
09-04-2003, 09:27 PM
The ticket should read "FREE PARKING valid at Mickey & Friends Parking Structure" in small print to the right of the bar code. If it doesn't say that, call your AAA office.

siamese1975
09-06-2003, 07:00 AM
I had the same deal with CAA/AAA in 2001.....we were told to show our AAA membership cards as I have done in the last 10 years I've been going. In 2001 when I showed the parking attendant my card, he said (very rudely) "what are you showing me that for?" I explained that I got free parking with our 5 for 3 day park hopper tickets, and I even showed him the AAA ad with this explained on it! He also said that theres NO WAY I had ever received free parking with AAA!? Since there was no arguing with him we ended up paying and lining up in "city hall" to get reinbursed every time we came. It seems that "parking" is its own entity or something because even the CM's in city hall said they should be giving AAA members free parking..no questions asked. I would definately call the AAA office and even get them to phone Disney for you, and find out what the system to get free parking should be.....I was told by the "rude guy" that AAA should have given me a parking pass before I came??? Let me know what happens cause I going to Disney next June. Good Luck!!!

experiment626
09-06-2003, 02:48 PM
I have never had problems with the "Free Parking" with my AAA Park Hoppers. They have always made mention of it on the back of the pass.

poohlover
09-06-2003, 06:47 PM
Sure enough, to the right of the barcode is the "free parking" notation. It is a really blurry black strip with white letters and I totally missed it.

Thanks for pointing that out and thanks for the great directions to the parking area!