PDA

View Full Version : Ack! What's the Carousel Inn & Suites like?

CarlieB
09-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Our travel agent has had to book us in at the Carousel Inn & Suites as the Anabella just contacted her to say that they are fully booked one of the nights we were due to stay there:(
How does the Carousel compare? Is it okay? I guess we probably won't be using the pool, as it will be the middle of November, and it does look very close to DL, which is a plus. Any feedback much appreciated:)

disguy
09-04-2003, 02:31 PM
I felt very very crammed in the room. It was just two of us but in my opinion it was not a comfortable room. I would go with Howard Johnson anyday or Fairfield.

CarlieB
09-04-2003, 02:33 PM
I wondered about that. A lot of the reviews I've read have mentioned the lack of space...I might try and get into the HoJo (been there before and like it) but it sounds like a lot of the hotels are fully booked for that weekend:(

disneygalforlife
09-04-2003, 05:04 PM
I will not say that the Carousel Inn was the best hotel that I have ever stayed at, however, it was clean, safe and extremely close to the resorts which in my book says alot. The room was a little crowded, but we do not spend much time in the room so for our family of five it was managable. If given the choice again, I would stay there.

I also like the Anaheim Desert Inn which I think the rooms are comparable, however the DI has the only indoor pool in the Disneyland area. So no matter what time of year we go the kids can enjoy swimming.

CarlieB
09-04-2003, 05:58 PM
Thank you. There will be 2 of us in one room, and three in another - hopefully not too crowded.

Sonya in Boise
09-07-2003, 12:20 PM
I stayed there last December. We had two adults and two kids in the room and the baby stayed in a crib. I felt the rooms were nice. It was a bit cramped trying to get the kids to eat in the morning, the sitting area is very close to the beds, but nothing so terrible we wouldn't stay there again.

The free breakfast was decent. It had several different rolls, muffins, danish type of things as well as fresh fruit. My only negative was there was only coffee and a koolaid type of drink. No juice or milk, but those are expensive so I understand. Other than that we enjoyed it. If you have time, sit in the breakfast room and have breakfast. The window's allow a wonderful view of the park and the monorail.

The rooms were clean and well kept. Housekeeping was a bit slow, but we were on the 5th floor so maybe we were last on the list. We skipped it one day of the three.

I'm sure I did a lenghty review in the hotel review section. :D

CarlieB
09-07-2003, 05:43 PM
Well, we're definitely staying there now - the HoJo was fully booked for the Saturday night too. I think there's some sort of convention starting on the weekend. The proximity to the Parks will be great, and it's always fun to check out a hotel you haven't been to before:)

lasekeye
09-07-2003, 05:49 PM
We too will be at the Carousel in Nov. 11-19. We did a lot of research before we booked. We like the location, the price $59., the free breakfast and the reviews on www.tripadvisor.com , also the pictures of the rooms look much nicer than Ho Jo, plus all rooms have micro & refig.

CarlieB
09-07-2003, 06:08 PM
We too will be at the Carousel in Nov. 11-19.

Cool:) If you see 5 Kiwis while you're there, it's probably us:D