PDA

View Full Version : Early Admits for DLR Hotel Guest

Jewels
09-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Hi,

We are going to DL next week. A few friends have talked about guest of the hotels getting to go to DL early. It has been awhile since any of them have been. I thought that they did not allow that anymore. Isn't that what "Magical Mornings" was? I noticed Darkbeer's post about early addmission to Main Street stopping so I am sure everyone just gets in at 10 together. I thought I would check in case I missed it some where. Thank you.

dshimel
09-03-2003, 03:01 PM
Two different things, both gone.

Magic mornings were just for hotel guests and let you into the park to ride specific rides before the park was open to the general public. This ended just after Sept 11, 2001 to counter the steep drop in park attendance.

Additionaly Disney would sometimes let people through the main gates, and on to Main Street, a half hour before the park's official opening time. The idea was to let you shop, buy a bite to eat, get a locker, etc. They had a rope across the end of mainstreet, that everyone would line up at. When official park opening time arrived, they'd walk the crowd into the park from the end of Main Street. WDW parks also do this "let you in but hold you in the entrance are until opening time".

I can remember doing the enter Main Street but wait until rope drop thing when I was a teen in the 80s. I think it was only done on busy days even back then. I went Oct 2001, 3 weeks aft Sep 11, and they let us on to Main Street early. Also still had Magic Mornings. Last year I went May, July, Aug and Oct. They let us on to Main Street early in July and Aug, but held us outside the turnstyles in May and Oct. I've been May, early June, and Aug this year and have not been let in early yet.

experiment626
09-04-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by dshimel
Magic mornings were just for hotel guests and let you into the park to ride specific rides before the park was open to the general public. This ended just after Sept 11, 2001 to counter the steep drop in park attendance.
While it may be in response to lower attendence it did not end until Jan. 2002.