PDA

View Full Version : Ariel's Grotto?

casol967
09-02-2003, 03:22 PM
What can you tell me about Ariel's Grotto? All I found is that it is a character lunch or dinner at DCA with a fixed price. It isn't in my guidebooks, so I'm wondering what the fixed price is, what you get, can you make reservations, and is it worth it? Also, which characters are there, I'm assuming Ariel and friends? Thanks for any info.

Bill Catherall
09-02-2003, 03:30 PM
Lunch is about $11 per person. Dinner is a little more.

You don't make reservations but you can make "priority seating" arrangements. All that really means is that it saves your place in line, but you still wait for them to find a table for you after you show up.

The food is pretty good. I don't remember the exact menu but the 2 times I've been there I've ordered fish & chips and the salmon sandwich. I enjoyed both of them.

If you're into having lunch or dinner with the characters then it is worth it. The food is pretty good, but you're really paying a higher price for the characters.

Ariel is there along with Chip, Dale, Pluto, and Minnie Mouse. Ariel sits on a seat by the stairs and is available for people to come up to her to visit. The other characters make their way around the tables interacting with the guests and will play with you if you let them. Brush up on your charades. ;)

cstephens
09-02-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by casol967
What can you tell me about Ariel's Grotto? All I found is that it is a character lunch or dinner at DCA with a fixed price. It isn't in my guidebooks, so I'm wondering what the fixed price is, what you get, can you make reservations, and is it worth it? Also, which characters are there, I'm assuming Ariel and friends? Thanks for any info.

I've got a review posted here (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrrests/arielsgrotto011903.html) of our lunch in January, in case you're interested. There are also links to lunch and dinner menus, though I haven't confirmed lately if they're still 100% accurate.

Ghoulish Delight
09-02-2003, 03:41 PM
I'll just echo everything Bill said. Was there once with a large party. My food was excellent (I had salmon, if I remember correctly) as was anyone's who gave me a bite of theirs. The service was good. And the character itneraction was the absolute highlight.

I believe the fixed dinner price was about $18 and included a non alcoholic beverage (with refills) and desert. That's actually quite a decent price for a full meal with drink and desert.

casol967
09-02-2003, 03:53 PM
Thanks everyone for the info and, cstephens - that was quite a review! I will definitely put this on our list of what to do while at DCA.

ChipmunkStar
09-02-2003, 08:00 PM
Ariel's Grotto character list:

Ariel (seated next to the stairs downstairs), Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Chip and Dale, and Goofy. All of the "fab" characters are dressed in their seaside-finest, while Ariel has her fin and shells.

mousey_girl
09-02-2003, 08:00 PM
I have seen Goofy pop in too. The Boy loves the whole conga thru the restraunt thing.

cemeinke
09-02-2003, 08:07 PM
It's all about Chip n' Dale ;)

MonorailMan
09-02-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
It's all about Chip n' Dale ;)

It is!

Ariel's is fun, when you have 16 of your favorite people playing along! :D :fez:

scaeagles
09-03-2003, 06:29 AM
Personally, I am shocked that they serve fish at Ariel's Grotto. Doesn't this offend King Triton? As I recall, he referred to humans as "fish eating barbarians".

dsnylndmom
09-03-2003, 07:24 AM
Just had to pop in and agree! :D We love Ariel's!! I like the Cobb and the onion soup and we also have fish and chip lovers in our group!!! The kids love getting their food in the sand buckets and the characters are great. It's a great laid back character meal and we love to sit outside and watch the water/pier.

Bill Catherall
09-03-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by scaeagles
Personally, I am shocked that they serve fish at Ariel's Grotto. Doesn't this offend King Triton? As I recall, he referred to humans as "fish eating barbarians". Then I guess it fits the theme perfectly. ;)

(I made a similar comment the first time eating there.)