PDA

View Full Version : DCA Featuring 2 performances of Stephen Schwartz songs by GMCLA this Saturday!

jiminycesq
06-13-2013, 04:15 AM
Howdy folks! I'm excited to share with you that this Saturday morning, in the Hollywood Backlot section, Disney's California Adventure will feature two completely different sets of songs by Stephen Schwartz, performed by about 100 members of the Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles! Known by Disney fans for his work on Pocahontas; The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Enchanted (songs from which will be included), Mr. Schwartz is internationally famous for his work over decades in stage and screen, including Godspell, Pippin, and Wicked! This will be the first time the Chorus performs at the Disneyland Resort, and even though it is only about half of our 200 member group, we are excited to share our love of music with guests this Saturday! The programs will be a half hour each, at approximately 1050 and 1150 am. Our formal concert - "Not Entirely Wicked" - features even more music, and Mr. Schwartz himself along with us, is June 22 and 23 at the Saban Theatre, but this will be a great preview - we are finishing our 34th season of using music to change hearts and minds. You can read more about our mission, history and performances at GMCLA.org and of course see us on Youtube. I have enjoyed so much music at the resort over the years and am so excited to be a part of this presentation - I hope you will be able to join us!

carolinakid
06-13-2013, 05:07 AM
Glad to see Disney acknowledging Pride Month!

Cyette
06-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Break a leg! Wish I could be there to hear his great songs! Perhaps a clip or two online?