PDA

View Full Version : Disney Create-A-CD Kiosks

ElJay
06-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Don't remember the official name for them, but I seem to remember from about 15 years ago Disneyland used to have these little walk-up kiosks (Pretty sure there was one in the music shop on Main Street, and another in the gift shop that you used to get dumped off of Space Mountain into.) where you could choose from all kinds of Disney songs and themes as well as ride announcements and narrations ("Hang on to them hats 'n glasses!" "Is this room actually stretching??" "Strike yer colors ye bloomin' bilge rats!!" etc..) and it would burn a CD for you. Now that I have a 6 year old I don't get to do much puttering around the park so I haven't had the chance to look for them. Do these still exist? Does anyone remember them? Did I dream them? :geek:

Gone2Disneyland
06-05-2013, 07:35 AM
You're memory's intact! There were a couple of kiosks inside the current 20th Century Music Store on Main Street, USA back then. I bought a few made-to-order CDs from and in fact listened to my copy of The Enchanted Tiki Room yesterday. The stock cover art on mine has "Disneyland Forever" printed on it with the title of whatever I chose for it printed above it. RedDotNet was the company responsible for it. After Disney pulled the plug on them (I'd read they got to a point where they didn't want to reorder supplies anymore), I've since found some of the full albums available on iTunes (I downloaded a 1950's MMC Highlights album from them) and Intrada got a license to produce some obscure titles like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea on hard CD.

D15
06-05-2013, 07:58 AM
These were one of my favorite things! They were in fact called "Disneyland Forever". I actually came across a site literally a week ago whose goal was to "recreate" the kiosks online completely. If you Google "disneyland forever project" it's I believe the very first result :)

ThatCrazyRedhead
06-05-2013, 07:59 AM
I remember them, too. I never got to actually make on, though.

I do have the Official Kingdom Album from approximately 1997, which has music from various rides and shows, including Light Magic. I never got to see the show (except for the debut performance on tv), but I LOVE the music!

carolinakid
06-05-2013, 08:25 AM
In 2004, I had made into CDs the Babes in Toyland album with Annette and the original cast and the Alice in Wonderland album with Darlene Gillespie. I loved that service and wanted to get many more albums made into CDs but alas, it's now long gone.

danyoung
06-06-2013, 11:38 AM
I have several of these from DL and from WDW. They were very very cool, and I wish they still had 'em. So your memory is good, except for one thing -

"Strike yer colors ye bloomin' bilge rats!!"

It's actually "Strike yer colors, ye bloomin' cock roaches - another broadside and ye goes DOWN WITH THE TIDE!"

SigalTchelet
06-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Found this through Disneyland Forever: http://www.themeparkaudioarchives.com/members/Kiosk_Adventureland1.html

Goodnplenty
06-07-2013, 04:35 AM
Oh my goodness! Thanks so much for this thread and the links that everyone is including. I'm getting my Disneyland fix listening to the audio tracks.

Thanks for making my day so magical.
GnP

ElJay
06-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Found this through Disneyland Forever: http://www.themeparkaudioarchives.com/members/Kiosk_Adventureland1.html

This is awesome!!

jrsharp21
06-07-2013, 01:01 PM
I agree. Great find and post. I am eating up all the data on my cell phone at work. LOL.

Leap for Joy
06-07-2013, 08:34 PM
This is really fun! Thanks!!!

jrsharp21
06-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Anyone find the Easter Eggs on the site?

BigDisneyFan
06-10-2013, 11:57 AM
I absolutely love the classic disney songs and themes from some of the rides. I downloaded the "Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives" by D23 from iTunes. It has a bunch of great songs from classic and current Disney movies, but most importantly, it has the theme songs from the Star Tours, Fantasmic, Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean ride! I listen to it all the time!