PDA

View Full Version : Limited Time Magic: Compass Quest

snoopyfink
06-03-2013, 08:42 AM
From the LTM website:

"Come Along on Mickey's Compass Quest
June 3 to June 9, 2013

Celebrate the opening of the all-new live show "Mickey and the Magical Map" at Disneyland Park with a little extra Limited Time Magic! This June, Guests who join Mickey Mouse on this musical journey to imagination and back will be invited to extend their experience, courtesy of Mickey's Compass Quest. Once the show comes to a close at the Fantasyland Theater, fetch yourself a map and follow a series of show-inspired clues to secret spots around the park. Uncover hidden markers, complete each challenge and take home a special reward! What are you waiting for? The quest awaits!"

Headed to the Parks for the weekend, 7-9--would be curious to hear if this is worthwhile to do and what the "reward" is. Anyone?

EeyoreGirl
06-03-2013, 09:32 AM
We'll be at DLR on the 9th. We weren't planning on going to DL that day but maybe we will to check this out.

danilv
06-04-2013, 11:10 AM
From the LTM website:

"Come Along on Mickey's Compass Quest
June 3 to June 9, 2013

Celebrate the opening of the all-new live show "Mickey and the Magical Map" at Disneyland Park with a little extra Limited Time Magic! This June, Guests who join Mickey Mouse on this musical journey to imagination and back will be invited to extend their experience, courtesy of Mickey's Compass Quest. Once the show comes to a close at the Fantasyland Theater, fetch yourself a map and follow a series of show-inspired clues to secret spots around the park. Uncover hidden markers, complete each challenge and take home a special reward! What are you waiting for? The quest awaits!"

Headed to the Parks for the weekend, 7-9--would be curious to hear if this is worthwhile to do and what the "reward" is. Anyone?

I did this yesterday with my daughters and it was actually pretty fun - there are 6 or 7 "compasses" hidden on rides and other locations (and some of them are a little tricky to find), and I saw a lot of people getting into it. You get a map with scratch off answers to choose from, and the reward is a compass sticker that they stick on the map. So, it is probably not worth doing just for the reward (except for those really into Disney memorabilia), but the task itself can be pretty fun.

AZImmortal
06-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Would someone mind attaching a picture of the map and/or sticker?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-08-2013, 11:34 PM
We were in the park today & found 2 & then forgot about it. Awesome show, & I am sure kids had fun looking for the compasses.

itig
06-10-2013, 11:41 AM
We were in the park today & found 2 & then forgot about it. Awesome show, & I am sure kids had fun looking for the compasses.

We saw the show last week and the whole family loved it. As far as the quest; one of my sons were interested, but the others weren't, so we didn't take the time to do it.

Malcon10t
06-10-2013, 01:38 PM
So, on Friday we saw the show, and got our map. Youngest spent some time looking at the hints, the answer options, and working to figure this out. It was fun. And the map said if you got this many right, you were this level, and this many was this, and this was the Keeper of the Compass (highest...) She made sure she was right. So, she is excited that she got all but 1 right. We head to the info board to turn it in and get her prize. We walk up to the info booth and the CM sees her map in her hand and says "Oh, you got your map, here's the sticker!" Youngest was NOT PLEASED that they did not verify anyone was actually doing the quest! That you could get rewarded without even doing the work! (We heard about this the rest of the weekend!!) And, everyone got the same sticker! So, a friend took the sticker, put it on a "Honorary Citizen" button and colored it in! It was a riot!!
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/9899_578117755544222_868729130_n.jpg

candles71
06-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Oh dear, I could see that being an issue. Glad someone fixed it for her. :)