PDA

View Full Version : Princess Storytelling

stephanie01
08-31-2003, 07:43 AM
I've read that Sleeping Beauty's Castle will be closed when we visit DL. Does anyone know if there will be alternative places for Princess storytelling?

As it will be our first time at the parks, is their a guide of showtimes? How can I find out in advance when the shows will be?

Thanks.

disneygalforlife
08-31-2003, 08:20 AM
Where were you able to find out that it was going to be closed? The Disneyland site does not mention anything about it. When are you going. My daughter is going to be devistated, this is her favorite thing.

MonorailMan
08-31-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by stephanie01
I've read that Sleeping Beauty's Castle will be closed when we visit DL. Does anyone know if there will be alternative places for Princess storytelling?

Well, the only this that is closed is the Attraction Walkway. It's a little passage with small diaramas showing the tale of Sleeping Beauty.

It's just a little door on the left, as you exit the back end of the castle. This doesn't affect the storytelling..... :D

HBTiggerFan
08-31-2003, 09:09 AM
You can still cross the drawbridge to go through the castle from Main St. into Fantasyland, and back. The only thing about the castle that is closed is the walk-through diorama like MonorailMan said. It has been closed since the 01 MouseAdventure. DLs castle doesn't have a restaurant like WDWs castle does.

I'm not sure where there is Princess storytelling at DL, however I am sure someone does know :)

Kris
08-31-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally I thought that the attraction walkway was the bridge into and through the castle. I have never been to DL before. I was glad when someone pointed out what the walkway really was. My 3 y.o. dd is going to be excited to walk through the castle just as I was to walk through the castle at WDW.

disneygalforlife
08-31-2003, 09:19 AM
My understanding is that the Cinderella walkway is closed indefinitely. :( Anyone know why?

cemeinke
08-31-2003, 09:32 AM
Princess Storytelling takes place in the back of Once Upon a Dream/Tinkerbell's Toyshop in the castle.

The castle wallkthrough has been closed for some time reportedly to prevent terrorists from blowing up the castle.:rolleyes:

HBTiggerFan
08-31-2003, 09:36 AM
There are several speculative reasons floating around.

1) The castle is a high profile target and the walk-through is not well monitored and it is to easy to leave something harmful in there.

2) The walk-through is being rehabbed.

There are more, I forget though.

It closed the day of (after?) we started bombing Afghanistan right after 9/11 during a MouseAdventure.

EandCDad
08-31-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by stephanie01

As it will be our first time at the parks, is their a guide of showtimes? How can I find out in advance when the shows will be?

Thanks.

Like cemeinke said, the Princess Storytelling is in the toy store, which is across from the Peter Pan ride. The store is not closed. Usually there is a sign outside of the store which gives the storytelling times. If the sign isn't there, just go into the store and ask one of the store employees. They might also put the times in the Guide Map that you get when you enter the Park, but I don't think they do.

experiment626
08-31-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by disneygalforlife
My understanding is that the Cinderella walkway is closed indefinitely. :( Anyone know why?
Maybe because it is Sleeping Beauty's Castle not Cinderella's :) :p (only kidding)

It closed for "security reasons" after 9/11. It was/is scheduled to reopen (according to disneyland.com) sometime in the near future (don't know the date), so we'll see.

newhdplayer
08-31-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by experiment626
Maybe because it is Sleeping Beauty's Castle not Cinderella's :) :p (only kidding)

It closed for "security reasons" after 9/11. It was/is scheduled to reopen (according to disneyland.com) sometime in the near future (don't know the date), so we'll see.

Isn't it "Sleeping Beauty Castle"?

experiment626
08-31-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by newhdplayer
Isn't it "Sleeping Beauty Castle"?
While that may be the offical name for it in this case "beauty's" was referring to it being the castle of not the offical name of. (though not being an english major the ' may be in the wrong place :) )

Either way the walk through is closed and may or may not reopen (regardless of what is stated on disneyland.com

dgdisney
08-31-2003, 03:46 PM
We love story time! For the past few years the princesses have told their story on between 11 and 1pm. One of the princesses (we've only seen Belle and Snow White) will come out with a storytime helper and tell her particular story. We've always gotten the exact times at the gate in the daily guide.

After the story the princess tries to spend some time with each person who would like to talk to her. I love that part best!

Have fun!

stephanie01
08-31-2003, 05:13 PM
Fabulous!

Thanks so much for the info!!!!

DivaPrincess
08-31-2003, 10:14 PM
They do list the storytelling times with all of the other show times on the map you get when you enter the park. It's a blast!!!