PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Questions

Sophie832
08-31-2003, 03:13 AM
Ok, so I have been a fairly infrequent Fantasmic watcher this summer (still a major Fantasmic freak, though), and I only just noticed something a couple of weeks ago: Maleficent doesn't rise up any more?! So, when did this start, and why? Was there a thread on this that I might have missed?

Also, last I had heard, Fantasmic was going to stop running after Labor Day...so, what exactly are the new dates for it stopping/starting?

zapppop
08-31-2003, 03:36 AM
Well, I've heard from several CM's that the platform she rises from has been *IFFY* until now. So while they're repairing, expect to see Maleficent in that same spot.

As for show dates and times, I think ( and someone correct me if I am ) Fanstsmic will run 2 times on Saturdays, and 1 time only Friday and Sunday.

I don't know if Fantasmic will be around @ Christmas time.

dpstang
08-31-2003, 07:50 AM
The Disney website has Fantasmic on the reburbishment schedule starting Nov 2nd and lasting the balance of the published schedule which runs thru Dec 26th.

Darkbeer
08-31-2003, 02:16 PM
This matches last year's schedule, where Fantasmic! ran weekends in the fall, and no Believe! fireworks. Halloween weekend is the last weekend of Fantasmic!. The next weekend (November 7th) is the beginning of the holiday celebration, and the nightly Believe! fireworks with snow effect starts. In the off season, you get one or the other.