PDA

View Full Version : Chicken noodle soup at DL?

keschy
08-30-2003, 10:49 AM
I went to the french market a few months ago and they had the best chicken noodle soup ever! It was the soup of the day and every time I go now I check to see if they have it, but they never do! Does anyone know if they have seasonal soups, like maybe it is only available in winter? Or maybe they make it on days I don't happen to be there. Has anyone had it lately?

dav
08-31-2003, 04:49 PM
That's odd, I do remember that soup...

hmmm. Honestly I don't remeber the last time I have eaten it.

-dav

Kevin Yee
08-31-2003, 07:19 PM
New Orleans Square soups are scheduled on a monthly basis, if you can believe that. Something like Chicken Noodle might appear a few times a month, but not more than that. And it won't be regular; it'll be whatever the chef decided to make it at the start of the month.

At least, that was the system a few years ago. Star Dinerz may have made things different.

keschy
08-31-2003, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the replies! I was beginning to think I had imagined having it there since nobody else had heard of it, LOL! I'll just keep checking for it every time i go :)

Pat-n-Eil
09-02-2003, 03:05 PM
Okay, I don't want to get booed off of the board here, but one of the best Chicken Noodle soups I've had is Mrs. Knotts Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup at Knotts Berry Farm.

The Chicken Dinner is awesome and that soup.. yummy. I keep looking for it to appear at my local grocery store, but so far it hasn't happened.

Man.. that is some good soup. Almost worth renting a car or taking a taxi over there for one meal while we're down there..

SacTown Chronic
09-02-2003, 03:13 PM
Are you sure it's CHICKEN soup?

It seems like whenever they serve chicken soup, there are less ducks swimming in ROA.:D

JenGood008
09-02-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Pat&Eil
Okay, I don't want to get booed off of the board here, but one of the best Chicken Noodle soups I've had is Mrs. Knotts Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup at Knotts Berry Farm.

I have to agree with that. It is yuuuummmmyyy!

I'm definitley going to check for chicken noodle at the French Market from now on!

LifelongAngelsFan
09-02-2003, 07:08 PM

The Chicken Dinner is awesome and that soup.. yummy. I keep looking for it to appear at my local grocery store, but so far it hasn't happened.

Man.. that is some good soup. Almost worth renting a car or taking a taxi over there for one meal while we're down there..

No need to apologize. Mrs. Knotts dinner house is a quality act.

French Market is our family's favorite restaurant within DL. Good food, good prices, and live Jazz with a view of ROA. Very nice.

Perhaps next visit I'll get the chicken soup.

sleepyjeff
09-02-2003, 07:31 PM

I can't even eat chicken soup without sighing and saying out loud "I wish this was Mrs. Knotts".

If Campbells is mmm mmm good.......Mrs. Knotts is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm gooooooooooooooooooood!

dav
09-03-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by sleepyjeff
I can't even eat chicken soup without sighing and saying out loud "I wish this was Mrs. Knotts".

If Campbells is mmm mmm good.......Mrs. Knotts is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm gooooooooooooooooooood!

OK!

REMARKABLE...

This is the funniest thing I have ever read on this board!

-dav