PDA

View Full Version : Country Bear Jamboree

Pages : [1] 2

disneygalforlife
08-30-2003, 09:28 AM
Is it true they closed this show for the new Pooh ride?? Say it isn't so this was my favorite show!!!!:(

SoCalDisneyLover
08-30-2003, 09:38 AM
Where ya been? CBJ has been closed since September 11, 2001.

Gemini Cricket
08-30-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by disneygalforlife
Is it true they closed this show for the new Pooh ride?? Say it isn't so this was my favorite show!!!!:(
CBJ is now in Yesterland... (http://yesterland.com/cbj.html)

disneygalforlife
08-30-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by SoCalDisneyLover

Last time I looked this was a board that we could post our questions. Not all of us are "lucky" enough to live 20 miles from DL. I have been out of touch since 1999 giving birth to and raising my triplets, thanks for the help.

HBTiggerFan
08-30-2003, 08:38 PM
I don't think SCDL had cruel intentions. CBJ closing was all over the media, not just this board.

You can post any question you want to, please continue to do so.

disney_leonard
08-30-2003, 09:00 PM
The bad news is that CBJ is no more at DLR. The good news is that it still exists at Walt Disney World.

disneyfreak168
08-31-2003, 12:27 AM
I miss CBJ:crying:

Grover2001
08-31-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by SoCalDisneyLover
Bears closed on Sunday September 9th,2001. The 11th was a completely different event.

UncleGDogWord
08-31-2003, 03:33 PM
I think we all miss Da Bearss.

What I do not understand is why. The last 3 times I was at DL and went to the CBJ it was at least 3/4 full. Stupid if you ask me. Now I haven't had the fortune to ride the new Pooh ride, but from the pictures I see I looks like something the belongs with the rest of the Fantasyland dark rides.

I miss da bearss!

Do'h!

Captain Josh
08-31-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by UncleGDogWord

What I do not understand is why. The last 3 times I was at DL and went to the CBJ it was at least 3/4 full. Stupid if you ask me. Now I haven't had the fortune to ride the new Pooh ride, but from the pictures I see I looks like something the belongs with the rest of the Fantasyland dark rides.

I miss da bearss!

Do'h!

You're right about it belonging there, but if they removed Mr. Toad for it, I'd be out for blood!

disney_leonard
08-31-2003, 03:55 PM
I miss it too. Pooh is OK but it belongs in Fantasyland. Last time I was on CBJ the theater was over half full and it was not peak season.

UncleGDogWord
09-01-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by G-Hawk
You're right about it belonging there, but if they removed Mr. Toad for it, I'd be out for blood!

The problem with DL is that you have to remove somthing to add something. I just think that removing CBJ was not the right choice. It was a great place to go when you were waiting on your fast pass for SM or HM.

Now those poor bears are sitting in some warehouse waiting to be striped and setup for another ride if they haven't already.

Captain Josh
09-01-2003, 08:44 AM
Maybe they'll be placed in the Disney Gallery, someday....if they ever get the Pirate Stuff out...

Guest_Control
09-01-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by G-Hawk
Maybe they'll be placed in the Disney Gallery, someday....if they ever get the Pirate Stuff out...
Doesn't the Disney Gallery hold a new exhibit every year? With the success of the exhibit (I've seen more people in the Disney Gallery than ever before) they might want to extend it even longer. Does anyone know what is next in line at the Disney Gallery?

The bears were fairly popular, but I think that it was their time to go. The popularity of Winnie the Pooh far outweighs the popularity of the CBJ, so it probably wasn't a difficult decision for Disney to make. They're still in Orlando, and Tokyo, so it's not as if they have completely disappeared yet.

disneyfreak168
09-01-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Guest_Control
Doesn't the Disney Gallery hold a new exhibit every year? With the success of the exhibit (I've seen more people in the Disney Gallery than ever before) they might want to extend it even longer. Does anyone know what is next in line at the Disney Gallery?

The Pirates exhibit is scheduled to end on Sept. 7 according to www.disneygallery.com. That was the best exhibit I've ever seen!

They might have a Haunted Mansion, the movie..no wait they already did that...

OR! possibly some kind of exhibit for Mickey's 75th Birthday?:rolleyes:

Well The Disney Gallery website , the home page doesn't say anything about what's coming up in the fall...but Disney Gallery STORE (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/store_0.html) , shows merchandise from The Haunted Mansion: 999 Happy Haunts Collection? so POSSIBLY Haunted Mansion exhibit and a small prop room for the movie?

But the disneyland website calendar doesn't mention the Disney Gallery... I don't think....

oh yeah what was that exhibit with the Indy and tomorrowland models? I forgot what year that was..I was only what 4-7 years old? I totally forgot..:(

millionairegirl
09-01-2003, 11:42 AM
Maybe this is a generational thing, but I never liked the bears. Whenever my parents made us go see them, I said we could go see that at Chuck E. Cheese for free! I recently saw them again in Orlando, and all I can say is I'd much rather have the Pooh ride. And if they even tried to take out Mr. Toad, I would have strapped myself to the building, and they would have had to bulldoze me first!

disNeytEen
09-01-2003, 11:58 AM
I dont understand why they didn't just try to make another building for pooh that way there is more then two attractions in Critter Country

disneyfreak168
09-01-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by disNeytEen
I dont understand why they didn't just try to make another building for pooh that way there is more then two attractions in Critter Country

Yeah, but where would the put the building?

disNeytEen
09-01-2003, 12:17 PM
Near the railroad up north of Critter country

Rallymonkey23
09-01-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by disney_leonard
The good news is that it still exists at Walt Disney World.

Yup. Good news if you can make it there. ;)

You would think that they could have expanded Fantasyland to the old BBQ area and put Poo, er, Pooh in that location.
They could have saved the CBJ if they really wanted to....

disneyfreak168
09-01-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23

You would think that they could have expanded Fantasyland to the old BBQ area and put Poo, er, Pooh in that location.

They should've done that! Pooh belongs in Fantasyland...IMO
:( ...too late for that now...:crying:

LifelongAngelsFan
09-01-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by disneyfreak168
Yeah, but where would the put the building?

If you look at arial photographs on that area of the park then you will see a lot of backstage room just behind the berm. They easily could fit a major attraction (ala Indy building) in that space.

LifelongAngelsFan
09-01-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Yup. Good news if you can make it there. ;)

Yes, this is another large available space for a new Fantasyland attraction.

There is no shortage of room to add attractions, or even entire new lands. The area they had planned for Discovery Bay is still availalbe.

This issue is money and not space.

LifelongAngelsFan
09-01-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by UncleGDogWord

I miss da bearss!

Do'h!

As a kid I didn't like the Bears. As an adult with kids I really liked it. It was an attraction that young and old could enjoy without height restrictions.

I'm sure my kids will like the Pooh ride...maybe even better. Just a shame to loose a popular attraction (yes, the last time I went, which was during Thanksgiving break 2000, it was packed for each show)

drjones
09-01-2003, 11:07 PM
does anyone know the names of the songs they used for the original CBJ and not the playhouse version?