PDA

View Full Version : The Smell of Desperation.

disneyhead
09-02-2001, 10:15 PM
What do you make of a vacation resort that is giving away free airfare, free hotel rooms and free tickets to the parks?
I went to Disney.com to get a quote for the first week in December. There is a Kid’s Fly Free promotion. In that promo there is a Fall Get-a-Way deal that with a 3 nights paid hotel stay you get a 4th night for free. There is also a get an extra day for free with a multi-day park hopper pass. On top of all of that they are giving a child’s park hopper with each adult park hopper.

Total Freebies for Our Vacation:
1- Free child’s airfare
1- Free night in Grand Californian
2- days of Free Adult Park Hopper Passes (1 per Adult)
1- Free 5-day child’s Park Hopper Pass (could have gotten 2, but we only have 1 child, our infant doesn't need one)

All of this and they still won't meet the 7 million projected turnstile spins at DCA, much less 7 million paying customers.
I'll bet someone is not happy. HeHeHe.

PS: I can't seem to find a similar deal for TDS.

tabacco
09-02-2001, 10:29 PM
There are ALWAYS promotions after summer. Quit complaining. You got a pretty good vacation value there, so just sit back and enjoy it.

EandCDad
09-03-2001, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by tabacco
Quit complaining.

That really didn't sound like a complaint to me. He sounded like someone who was pointing out a good deal to get people to the park, something that may not have been needed if DCA was drawing the crowds they expected.

cstephens
09-03-2001, 07:38 AM
It was awfully crowded at the resort (both DL and DCA) yesterday.

tjrj
09-03-2001, 07:57 AM
It may very well be the smell of desperation, but as far as I'm concerned it works to my family's advantage. I didn't think that we would be able to afford a trip to Disneyland this year. However, I kept hearing about these great deals available during the upcoming Christmas season.

I went to the Disneyland website about a month ago and typed in the days of the trip and the ammenities I wanted. This led to a quote. I then called the Disney Club travel number-we've been members for about 3 years-and asked for the "Fall Getaway" Special and the exact same ammenities that I used on the website. I saved almost $600 over the website quote.

:)

So it works to the customer's advantage for now and as for the future we will just have to wait and see.

EandCDad
09-03-2001, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by cstephens
It was awfully crowded at the resort (both DL and DCA) yesterday.

Being Labor Day weekend, that's not exactly a suprise.

Darkbeer
09-04-2001, 08:09 AM
Did they extend the Southern California Discount, or is it back to full price and pay for kids?????

rexfarms
09-04-2001, 08:30 AM
At DCA it ends Sept. 4....today

Lani
09-04-2001, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by tabacco
There are ALWAYS promotions after summer. Quit complaining. You got a pretty good vacation value there, so just sit back and enjoy it. While the travel industry does tend to provide more incentives and promotions in the off-season, I do have to agree with disneyhead that the promotions being offered now are almost unprecedented, specifically because they are coming from Disney directly. About the only notable discounts Disney has ever given out are the Southern California resident discounts, and the military discounts.