PDA

View Full Version : Create a little Holiday Synergy

Tigertail777
08-29-2003, 01:08 PM
ya know the DCA scary farm thread got me to thinking...

To make the park more special for main holidays (Halloween, christmas, and maybe a few semi minor ones... easter, st patricks etc), and to help make the CM's feel more pride in their work, why not give each major ride a small budget (say about $200) that the cast members working the attraction regularly can use as a team to decorate the rides? Of course there would have to be management final say on things for safety issues and such, but they could have the CM's decorate things how they wanted within reason, and make a contest out of it, where the grand prize is like $500 or something worthwhile. With the CM's in friendly competitions of who can do better decorations I am betting you would end of with something awesome, and far cheaper that it would be to go through the "normal" channels at Disney, and create some real employee pride in the rides. Course they would have to set aside only certain times after park closure for them to set up decorations with manager supervision and all of that, but I think it could be done (just some rides certain places would be off limits if too dangerous like Indy). Maybe just have them decorate only the ques even?

You could even make a good publicity stunt out of it, by publicizing the contest, and for people to come out and see what the CM's have done. With how people pay to see holiday decorations at different places every year I am betting this employee holiday decoration party would be a hit.

disney_leonard
08-30-2003, 09:11 PM
Sounds like a fabulous idea to me! What about it DLR types?