PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th in September, park(s) open until 1am

AnotherJenny
05-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Did anyone catch this on the Backstage Pass Calendar for September 13th?

Halloween Time
begins at Disneyland Resort*

*September 13:
Unleash the Villains -
Friday the 13th in 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland Resort is staying open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.). Disney villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and nighttime mischief.

Select attractions, entertainment and services will be available. Subject to capacity restrictions. Valid Theme Park admission required.

I love me some villains, I wasn't planning to renew my AP, but a So Cal Select may be coming my way that day.

Anyway, my second thought after the above was that it would probably only be DL that's open, but now I wonder if the dance party might be Dancing with Disney at DCA. I guess if Mad T Party is going, that would be difficult, but how cool would it be to keep that going and have extra villains in there for Halloween?

jsilkey
05-18-2013, 11:04 AM
We had our trip booked long before we knew this was happening....but we will be there....yay!!

olegc
05-18-2013, 07:10 PM
last year during the HalloweenTime disney parks blog meeting the Brian Sandahl from WDI working on the HMH attraction and the Parks Resort Enhancement David Carance mentioned that this would be a special year. It is the 13th year of Haunted Mansion Holiday and its 2013 and on friday the 13th they were going to do a lot of special events related to this alignment of 13s. It's been on my calendar since.

AnotherJenny
05-18-2013, 07:19 PM
I would like to mention, however, that 1pm is the 13th hour and 1am is the 2nd hour. The 2nd hour of the 14th.

olegc
05-20-2013, 10:39 AM
sidebar OT - but I am surprised the Backstage Pass did not have a massive hint about D23 Expo for August. Not even a blurb on it. Someone did not coordinate. Is synergy a four letter word now? :p

jsilkey
05-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Anyone have thoughts on how busy this event might be?

I know the 24-hr gigs have been busy....is it likely this will have the same type of response?

If so, what time would we need to be in the park to guarantee we can get in (based on those with experience on holidays/special events)? We have to change hotels that day, and I am concerned it might be hard to get let back in if it is indeed very busy!

olegc
05-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Anyone have thoughts on how busy this event might be?

I know the 24-hr gigs have been busy....is it likely this will have the same type of response?

If so, what time would we need to be in the park to guarantee we can get in (based on those with experience on holidays/special events)? We have to change hotels that day, and I am concerned it might be hard to get let back in if it is indeed very busy!

I think this one is not like the 24 hour - but - they have not done a villains specific event in a while. If they do a stage show or some sort of special program at the castle you may get more people. And its on a Friday night. And its the first day of HMH being open. When they first opened HMH they had special merchandise and private party events that included a stage show, some info on the attraction changes, and one year had a complete stage review with Ken Page doing his Oogie Boogie number with fantastic energy.

If this kind of thing will be there and more public than private it could be crowded - but I would think more like a very busy passholder day. No passes are blocked out - and a Friday. Ugh! On second thought it could be like the Halloween Screams Friday nights were when those first started.

Crowded - plan accordingly.

DisneylandFan55
05-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Oh gosh. I never thought that Friday the 13th would be a busy one. Guess ill have to plan accordingly as well.

olegc
05-21-2013, 05:57 AM
Oh gosh. I never thought that Friday the 13th would be a busy one. Guess ill have to plan accordingly as well.

well, that's just my opinion....

sfjgarcia
05-21-2013, 03:47 PM
We booked back in February for this event. My bro's bday is on September 12, so we will be there celebrating. We did Leap Day, Cars Land opening and now Villians Day. This should be lots of fun. Very excited.