PDA

View Full Version : Sign up for Mickey & the Magical Map show/panel 4:30PM May 31 NOW!

corona
05-17-2013, 02:20 PM
just do it (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/05/sign-up-now-for-the-disney-parks-blog-magical-meet-up-at-disneyland-park/) - before it's closed

corona
05-17-2013, 03:19 PM
What happened to "edit"? The sign-up for this event is closed.

candles71
05-17-2013, 04:05 PM
You can only edit for 30 minutes I believe.

cstephens
05-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Registration was actually open for longer than for most signups, but I think the number of people who can go is bigger, given the seating capacity of the theatre. I think I registered about 20 minutes after it was posted, and I got in. I'm pretty sure I'm going.

fishgal
05-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Bummed i missed out. Congrats to everyone who got in

DesertWorshipGuy
05-17-2013, 06:00 PM
Got in!!!!

olegc
05-17-2013, 10:54 PM
In

KarenW2
05-17-2013, 11:47 PM
My hubby called today, to tell me about this, so I signed up and was also able to get tickets for it too!

We'll be bringing my cousin and her hubby who just got back from a very long cruise of Europe. One of the places they went to was Disneyland Paris and she said they bought some goodies for us there!

Shortpix77
05-21-2013, 08:23 AM
I got in too. Pretty lucky; I just happened to check Twitter at the right time. Yay!

olegc
05-21-2013, 08:40 AM
looks like I have to miss. end of year activities for the two boys still at home. Ugh!

rickosuave1987
05-22-2013, 02:29 PM
I got in, so my girlfriend and I will be attending. Best part, the 31st is my birthday, so we have a reason to go and celebrate at Disneyland!

DesertWorshipGuy
05-30-2013, 10:14 PM
I got in and my mom got in so there will be 4 of us there tomorrow! Woo hoo!!

Shortpix77
05-31-2013, 07:13 AM
Can't wait :-) Work is going by far too slowly.

cstephens
05-31-2013, 07:20 AM
The husband declined to go, so a friend is coming with me. I'm looking forward to hearing the speakers afterward about the show.

olegc
05-31-2013, 01:09 PM
i'm bummed. I have had to sub in for another performer at my son's concert. and the other one has a concert too. Not going! :mad:

KarenW2
06-01-2013, 03:30 AM
The show was fun and well done. After check-in on the esplanade, we each received a raffle ticket, as well as our ticket media. We waited a while with the rest of the group, then we were walked thru the side gate and led to the theater by a CM. We waited a long time, then were allowed into the theater, to find our seats.

On our way in, we received a drink (sodas or water) and a show bucket of Kettle Corn!

Erin from the Disney Blog was our event host and told us that a group from Disneyland Today or something was invited to join our group at the last minute. They did drawings for several prizes, but unfortunately, none of our group of 4 won anything. I would've loved to have won the special framed Sleeping Beauty Castle BLUEPRINT, that came with a couple of special things enclosed with it! Does anyone know if this is sold in the park somewhere? It was REALLY nicely done. I wondered on our way home how many of the winners were from the limited number of Blog ticket recipients, or from the that day Disneyland Today group.

After the show, Erin introduced 3 members of the production team, who shared about their jobs on the show, then took questions from the audience for a long time. When it was over, Erin told us we'd each receive a special "treat" on our way out. As we left the theater, CMs were handing out cellophane bags, containing the following:

A Mickey head-shaped Rice Krispie treat
A show/event logo luggage tag that reads, "Disney Parks Blog - Magical Meet-Up - May 31, 2013".

We had a great time with my cousin and her hubby, who just got back from a cruise/tour that included visits to Disneyland Hong Kong and Disneyland Paris (they brought us back some cool merch from both parks!) and we finished off our time at the DLR with dinner at Napa Rose, at a very nice table by the windows.

olegc
06-01-2013, 10:52 AM
KarenW2 - thanks for the summary.

I watched a video of the show - and it struck me that this show may have had a "fantasmic" moment.

You see, Fantasmic! was originally called "Imagination" by Disney Entertainment. However, when they were ready to promote it the name of the show was changed to give it some energy and better appeal. (That's why the show opens with "Imagination......")

So for this show - the closing Song is called "Journey Into Imagination" and they pop the the word imagination at the end again. I wonder if the same thing happened - if it happened to be called "journey into imagination" but Marketing wanted to spice up the title to make it more appealing...

Shortpix77
06-01-2013, 11:03 AM
I had a great time too! Karen, I know the first winner was from the original Blog sign-up group (she was right in front of us in line), but I couldn't tell you after that.

We signed in at the Esplanade and then were led in a line over to the area, where we were put in a corral in the sun and the whole line thing became non-existent. I think that's the only part that could have been done differently. If the theater wasn't ready after we signed in, there could have been a better system than "all of you cram in here and stand on this hill in the sun." But seriously, a great time other than that hitch. The sodas/kettlecorn buckets/luggage tag krispie treat were nice surprises, and the panel at the end and the raffle were really fun.

Drince88
06-01-2013, 03:04 PM
If they called it Journey into Imagination, you'd have a lot of people wondering where Figment was! :D

olegc
06-01-2013, 10:55 PM
If they called it Journey into Imagination, you'd have a lot of people wondering where Figment was! :D

oh, I know that - I just found it interesting that it seemed the renaming bug happened again (but this time with a need not to confuse the audience).

KarenW2
06-02-2013, 03:40 AM
I wasn't real happy with the long lines and the long wait we had, to sign-in and then more standing around in the hot sun, before we were let thru the gate and then at the theater either! Then it was kinda weird, since at first it looked like the CM was going to take us there via back stage, but then I guess somebody changed their mind, when he then made us turn around then thru the mass of humans to the theater.

For us, it was an extra challenge, since I burn easily and have to do the parks in my wheelchair, further complicated since the CM didn't take any of that into consideration, so we had to go outside the group, to find a driveway or alternate way to get my chair up and down curbs and around the tracks in the streets.

My hubby and I talked about it and thought that since we were given our tickets (we have PAPs, so we didn't need the ticket) and we were let in the gate, they could've just told us to go to the theater, so it wasn't so crazy. Add to that the long wait we had before getting our seats, I had to have my hubby move me to a shady area, to contine waiting with my cousin, while he and her hubby stayed in the "line". As it turned out, we were able to get led in down the ramp, before they let the rest of the group in, so we didn't get run into, so that was good.

Being the Figment fan I am, Cathy, as soon as they said Journey into Imagination, I thought immediately of him! It seems like they could've made the title shorter and easier. Obviously, the next time we see the show will be easier to get into! :)